Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 08-04-2020, 12:15 AM
Seeker

Taking Life Seriously.

Taking Life Seriously.
I believe that I had a difficult childhood for many reasons which even now I won't talk about. As a consequence there was a lot of pressure on me to perform academically which was unfortunately against my ability and nature. By great personal effort, I found myself in first year university studying science. This was so difficult, you cannot believe. Incredibly in our small church, I had to go to church in those days, was someone a year older who had passed this subject and he gave me some valuable assistance which I'm quite sure helped me to pass the exam. I then went on and completed the degree.
I got a job and because of my nature, saved all my money. Frankly I hated the work and decided I wanted to purchase a degraded farm to lead a more casual life style and to put into practice my environmental morality and to restore it.
While working, I met someone who had a similiar mindset. He then resigns and rents a cheap farm house in an attractive locality. I visited a few times and he told me of a nearby farm that was for sale that had all the characteristics of what I was looking for. After considerable effort and consternation, I was eventually able to purchase this, in some peoples' eyes, a serious liability. Over the years, my treeplanting has transformed it into an arcadia.
After I had moved in, the old neighbour told me that the farm had only come onto the market to be sold because the previous owner's elder son had died from snake bite. A very symbolic and sobering death.
After moving in, and probably having been here for about a year, I noticed the initials of a previous owner carved into the wall. The thing is that these initials are the same as mine. I cannot help but think, is this seriously strange or is it fate?
Looking back now, I can see a chain of events that is even distressing. The first person who seriously helped me was killed in a car accident about a year later.The second person who told me about his place was also killed in a motoring accident a year or two later. The third person to die, I've mentioned as he was the previous owner's son.
My grandparents were theosophists to a degree and I always had an interest as well. The first person who died,I believe that I met in my one and only vivid dream, a few days after his death. Not long after moving in and meeting some of the locals, I discover that there was also a local theosophical group. I then make a request to join and am accepted. It has since been disbanded but that does not matter.
In my own way, I take life very seriously. I can now see how several people somehow by fate, had helped me and seemingly from my point of view, then lost their life. I know it is too much to say but could their mission have been to assist me? It is a troubling thought. Yes, I did my treeplanting and the farm has been transformed from desperation to arcadia. A visitor once exclaimed, perhaps in a different context but still here, "I have truly found paradise!
On joining the theosophical or perhaps an esoteric group, we were told that it was like going to war. Life is to be taken more seriously.
Old 13-04-2020, 10:35 AM
Elfin

Hi. I think your journey has been truly amazing. It is more than obvious to me that you ended up where you needed to be, where you belonged in this lifetime , where your destiny lay. I know 100% what you mean by a sequence of events that may have brought you to where you are, because I have experienced the same. Only when we reflect, do we see. But I would also say, do not dwell on the idea that those people sadly passed in order for you to progress. If you had never bought the farm, those people would still have passed, because I honestly believe that just as there is a time for us to be born, there is also a time to be taken. Enjoy everything you have achieved because you have earned it.....
Old 14-04-2020, 09:14 AM
Seeker

Elfin, thanks for that. Yes, as we get older and look back on our lives, we can understand some things which to us at the time passed unnoticed or not understood. Yes, I do think I live in a special place and in my way, I try and acknowledge it. I host the occasional visitor and I'd like to think that they also appreciate their time with me. As a sort of hobby, I write a few short stories and my theme is the unusualness of life.
Old 14-04-2020, 11:53 AM
ketzer

Hello Treeplanter

I do believe that behind the reality we perceive, there are forces at work shaping and molding our lives to create experiences for us that our souls need to experience. Call it working out karma, or learning life's lessons, or whatever one wants. It can be difficult to perceive in real time, but a bit easier when looking backward at the sequence of events (and their respective probabilities) that took us to where we are. Of course, if we are sharing this life experience with other souls, then we can't just do/create any reality we want (like in a lucid dream), we have to cooperate. So the world cannot just bend to our will unless we want to be the only soul in it (like in a lucid dream). That said, I think the nature and function of this life experience is far more complex and multidimensional than the human brain is capable of deciphering. So if it seems that sometimes major world events are happening for your benefit, than at some level, in one of the many worlds of the multiverse, I think perhaps that could be true. So yes, I would not rule out that these entities came into your life to nudge and guide you in the direction you needed to go. Some or even all of these entities may have in fact been you. I expect that I have had a number of such guides come into may life for that same purpose. Unfortunately LOL, I probably thought I knew better at the time and didn't listen.

In the end, though we may feel it, we can't know for certain what was meant to be and what just happened to be to bring us to where we are. That is part of the mystery of life. I think perhaps that mystery is an essential ingredient of the overall experience. Anyway, I am glad you created and are enjoying your Arcadia, and you even have a mystery to ponder while you appreciate it, you sound like a lucky and accomplished soul.

“I don't know if mama was right, that we each have a destiny, or if if was Lt Dan, that we are all just floating around, accidental, like on a breeze, but I think... I think... maybe... it's both happening at the same time.”
― Winston Groom, Forrest Gump
Old 14-04-2020, 11:58 AM
Elfin

It all sounds absolutely perfect. Have no regrets about how or why you got to be where you are now... Because as I said , you are meant to be there. I am HSP/empath.. and your amazing story touched me , it's almost like a fairytail. The place we go to escape.... Carry on your journey with happiness, and yes , do write, and keep writing, because the written word is so important...I would not be where I am today if I didn't have my books.... Much love ...
Old 14-04-2020, 12:04 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Hello Treeplanter

I do believe that behind the reality we perceive, there are forces at work shaping and molding our lives to create experiences for us that our souls need to experience. Call it working out karma, or learning life's lessons, or whatever one wants. It can be difficult to perceive in real time, but a bit easier when looking backward at the sequence of events (and their respective probabilities) that took us to where we are. Of course, if we are sharing this life experience with other souls, then we can't just do/create any reality we want (like in a lucid dream), we have to cooperate. So the world cannot just bend to our will unless we want to be the only soul in it (like in a lucid dream). That said, I think the nature and function of this life experience is far more complex and multidimensional than the human brain is capable of deciphering. So if it seems that sometimes major world events are happening for your benefit, than at some level, in one of the many worlds of the multiverse, I think perhaps that could be true. So yes, I would not rule out that these entities came into your life to nudge and guide you in the direction you needed to go. Some or even all of these entities may have in fact been you. I expect that I have had a number of such guides come into may life for that same purpose. Unfortunately LOL, I probably thought I knew better at the time and didn't listen.

In the end, though we may feel it, we can't know for certain what was meant to be and what just happened to be to bring us to where we are. That is part of the mystery of life. I think perhaps that mystery is an essential ingredient of the overall experience. Anyway, I am glad you created and are enjoying your Arcadia, and you even have a mystery to ponder while you appreciate it, you sound like a lucky and accomplished soul.

“I don't know if mama was right, that we each have a destiny, or if if was Lt Dan, that we are all just floating around, accidental, like on a breeze, but I think... I think... maybe... it's both happening at the same time.”
― Winston Groom, Forrest Gump
Good grief.... You nipped in just before my reply... Was just myself and treeplanter having a "moment"....blumming heck!!!! Neverind, I'm sure that your input was well received...lol... It's an amazing story though...
Old 14-04-2020, 12:08 PM
Elfin

P.s sorry for spelling "fairytale " wrong !!!!!!!! And to think I excelled at English and was a proof reader.. . Much embarrassment all round!!!!!!!!
Old 14-04-2020, 12:58 PM
ketzer

[quote=Elfin]Good grief.... You nipped in just before my reply... Was just myself and treeplanter having a "moment"....blumming heck!!!! Neverind, I'm sure that your input was well received...lol... It's an amazing story though..."

My apologies. My spidy senses are a bit dull these days. If a private moment is what you want, then there is always private messaging. Forums are a lot like real life in that way, even worse. We often don't get a full sentence out before someone butts in and starts talking. Only here, they don't know they are butting in until after they have posted.
Old 14-04-2020, 01:02 PM
Elfin

[quote=ketzer]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Good grief.... You nipped in just before my reply... Was just myself and treeplanter having a "moment"....blumming heck!!!! Neverind, I'm sure that your input was well received...lol... It's an amazing story though..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin

My apologies. If a private moment is what you want, then there is always private messaging. Forums are a lot like real life in that way, even worse. We often don't get a full sentence out before someone butts in and starts talking. Only here, they don't know they are butting in until after they have posted.
Lol... Was only joking! It's good to share! Am sure Treeplanter will be pleased that we are scrapping over him!!! And no... Don't need private moments to the extent of PM's. They scare me a bit!
Old 15-04-2020, 08:04 AM
Seeker

My belief is that we are on the path to transcend the human state and the only way that we can do this is by experiences. There is some sort of balance between what fate seems to give to us and what we bring about ourselves. I believe in evolution, that is in a personal sense and also socially. If you consider how far humans have come in the last million years, it is inconceivable what could happen in the next million years. Probably the weakest point in the whole process is our limited brain capacity and most of life is just trying to make us more clever.
Yes, I do a bit of writing with this theme about the weird things that have happened in my life. I will probably put some more stories here but somehow I feel a bit nervous or reluctant to do so.