Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 29-02-2020, 10:31 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
The real question should be . . . exactly HOW is this a dream ? ! What is really meant by “all of this is only a dream.” In what way is this physical reality a dream?

To dismiss all of this as a dream and that it doesn’t actually count or is unreal . . . or anything along those lines . . . is NOT the issue or point of “this is a dream.”

If people really and vividly knew the principle behind “this is a dream” . . . their approach to their own spiritual life would drastically change.

Please dismiss this post since it does not follow the popular paradigm.

I've mentioned my impression in quite a few posts. Dream, illusion, unreal, etc... are just metaphors for the finite vs. the infinite, the temporary vs. the permanent and I've used the electroweak force to illustrate my meaning.

In our reality electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force are two distinct and separate fundamental forces of nature, however if the energy level can be elevated high enough they fold into a single more fundamental force - the electroweak force. It's also hypothesized in GUT (Grand Unified Theory) if the energy level is increased further the electroweak force and nuclear strong force fold into a more fundamental force and increased even further GUT and gravity fold into an even more fundamental force as posited by TOE (Theory of Everything).

Advaita uses the analogy of clay. The underlying reality is clay, and a pot is just an appearance (in the above terminology dream, illusion, unreal). Clay can exist without the pot but the pot cannot exist without clay.

Similarly the electroweak force is a deeper level of reality and electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force are just appearances. The electrtoweak force can exist without electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force but not the reverse.

This video explains it better than I. https://youtu.be/RJ4Uv-5_3VM?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA
Old 29-02-2020, 03:24 PM
Master

Not at all.

Illusion doesn't mean unreal.
It's real, but there are (unsatisfying) conditions which may be surpassed.

God created it.
God supports it.
God transforms it.

It's an utterly unprecedented opportunity in and through each unique life.

Why be upset?

~ J
Old 01-03-2020, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Rem - if this is really an Illusion ...it's a darn good one...or else it wouldn't be called an Illusion!!
Illusions come in many qualities. That we know its an illusion makes it a not very convincing one.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Illusions come in many qualities. That we know its an illusion makes it a not very convincing one.

But how many of us really know that it is an illusion?

For most of the Earth's population this is all too real.

And most of those who pronounce that the world is an illusion still somehow get upset by things which happen in their particular illusion. If a brick lands on their head, they seldom say "Never mind. This brick, my head and the pain are all illusions."

As Jyotir says, illusion does not mean unreal. I go for the idea that everything is real on its own level, even if it is an illusion from the perspective of a higher level.

Peace
Old 01-03-2020, 01:55 PM
Master

Go with Jyotir's response.

Even if its' an illusion its the only opportunity to make a difference and more real (like great people in and around the world in past ).
Old 01-03-2020, 06:52 PM
Master

Dreams, daydreams, imagination, as well as this awake reality aren't illusions, the way I use these words. But none of them is more real than the other either.

Also, I believe that the awake reality isn't a greater opportunity to make a difference than the others, if anything it is a lesser one, because it has more constraints by design.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
It doesn't upset me.

I experienced death through regression many times. When you die, it feels exactly as it feels when you wake up from sleep. You wake up to another you than the one who just passed. You are more lucid, but not the perfect soul some religions preach. You are formless, and can imagine, and create anything you want, like in a lucid dream.

The difference between a lucid dream and the afterlife, is that from a nightmare you wake up, while if your afterlife emotions degenerate into a nightmarish scenario, you get born (you fall asleep). Until you develop your intellect and learn to master your emotions, you can't stay long into afterlife. You can incarnate willingly too, you don't have to wait to be precipitated into an incarnation.

Awake life is like a regular (non-lucid) dream. You don't know who you are, and react to whatever happens to you, with almost no control. In a dream, when you realize you're dreaming you become lucid. In the awake life, when you realize you're dreaming you become enlightened.

Surely, anybody can form their own opinion about this by learning regression. The trick is to be able to dissociate from your beliefs and expectations, and not let them distort your experience. This is something that most mediums don't do.

This is very interesting to me...

I find the idea that life is a dream something that feels like truth, however I also feel extreme loneliness and isolation by it. Also I feel some feeling I can only describe as “horror”
Old 01-03-2020, 07:38 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
How is this a dream? How is this not a dream? What is a dream? In a dream do you believe you are dreaming? What is reality? Is reality real?
What separates dreams from reality? Is dreaming apart of reality? Or is reality a part of our dream state existence? What makes one thing real while another not? Who decides what is real and what's not?
That's 11 questions!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-03-2020, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Illusions come in many qualities.
That we know its an illusion makes it a not very convincing one.
Some of us looked behind the curtain ...I think that's build into the Illusion like the Holodeck exit.
Hit your thumb with a hammer - tell me this isn't a good Illusion, knock on wood - hear a child laugh...

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-03-2020, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But how many of us really know that it is an illusion?
That's a whole other question.
The topic really is about -
even hearing the concept that it is ---does that bother you, how come?
"What is the fear or the agitation surrounding this?" In the op.

Because it does bother posters here.
Maybe something said here would help them not get so bothered.

'Real and unreal' - big topics.