Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 30-06-2020, 09:04 PM
lejonjus

Recovery after suicide

For those who have a history of suicide attempts or ideation I'd be grateful to know what you've observed and your experience. Here we can share what helps in your recovery or be of support for those going through it.

I'll give a brief story so anyone that might find this triggering you can skip this part and go to the recovery tips. I've been attempting since I was 14. It was frequent enough that Children's aid got involved and was put in a group home. The attempts still continued throughout my teens and early twenties. My last attempt was 8 years ago. It was a successful attempt as they found me dead and thankfully got revived. I couldn't walk or talk and had to relearn the basics. I remember after coming out of the hospital a month later it was like seeing the world in a new way. My doctor called it a honeymoon period and it was. Fastforward to 2017/2018 after finishing a temp contract in the financial district I was looking for my next suicide attempt and eventually acquired it, almost attempting a couple times. I still have it with me as an emergency option. The last urge to do it was in March right before the lockdown.

Spirituality has been a great way for me to generate the higher range of feeling states on my own and elevate my consciousness. Grounding, meditation, connecting with nature and self care have been essential for balance(to list a few). When certain lessons become too much I call on my spirit team to intervene and they do. It's like a wave of high vibes showering down and them taking the wheel.

I reached a plateau where I needed to incorporate new things to reprogram my thinking and patterns. I've had success with hypnosis before and found ones that treat personality traits. You can find them on YouTube by Dr.Lisa Liet. I'm trying out all her audios as if trying all the varying flavors of a candy lol. I think I might merge certain parts of the audios together. She does a relaxation process first in all of them so instead of that part being repetitive I'm thinking of mixing it so I can benefit from more than one at a time. I find they all have something beneficial to offer.

So now I want to know about you : ) what's your experience? what's helping you?

Last edited by lejonjus : 01-07-2020 at 01:47 AM.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:10 PM
Administrator
I have known a few people who have attempted suicide. I don't judge them as I don't walk in their shoes.
This lockdown has proven to be the last straw for many people.
only yesterday they found a man in his parked car in a Beauty spot he had taken his own life.
my friends sister was a lovely girl I knew her from birth she was always attempting suicide. she was always in and out of the mental health ward in our local hospital.
I spoke to her on a Saturday evening in my friends house for hours.she looked at me said Thank you I want to live now.
she went to get her meds on the sunday from hospital. and passed away.
she has come through to me as I am a medium and said she enjoys being out in Nature listening to music.
But I have never attempted to take my own life but I have Counselled many that have.

Namaste
Old 30-06-2020, 11:10 PM
lejonjus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I have known a few people who have attempted suicide. I don't judge them as I don't walk in their shoes.
This lockdown has proven to be the last straw for many people.
only yesterday they found a man in his parked car in a Beauty spot he had taken his own life.
my friends sister was a lovely girl I knew her from birth she was always attempting suicide. she was always in and out of the mental health ward in our local hospital.
I spoke to her on a Saturday evening in my friends house for hours.she looked at me said Thank you I want to live now.
she went to get her meds on the sunday from hospital. and passed away.
she has come through to me as I am a medium and said she enjoys being out in Nature listening to music.
But I have never attempted to take my own life but I have Counselled many that have.

Namaste

Hey Native Spirit

Sad to hear about the man in the car and your friends sister. With people not being able to work, losing their job and the chaos right now I understand the reason. Reflecting on when I'm in those states it feels like there's no hope for improvement and with nothing to counter it that's when it loops and results in action.

"she has come through to me as I am a medium and said she enjoys being out in Nature listening to music." Wow. That's beautiful. I appreciate your gifts and being able to do that and it's heartwarming that she expressed what she enjoys.

I bet those you have counseled are appreciative of you and your gifts. I imagine being able to communicate with souls in that way helps in having a zoomed out perspective on things.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:45 PM
Master
lejonjus,

I feel your pain.

Some of us have had to experience a lot but what seems to work is 'knowing' we are survivors.

My shoes are big. They are size 13teens and are tight at times. Last month on the 25th, I had a reverse shoulder implant done on my right shoulder. December 19th, I had an implant taken out of my right shoulder and a reverse shoulder implant put in. Today, I started building a 10 X 12 storage shed.

I didn't mention I have an implant in my back with fusion, I had the screws taken out of my back, My right foot fused twice and some of the screws taken out later along with fusion to my left foot.

While doing all of this, I was walking down the sidewalk and noticed something to my left. I turned 90 degrees only to watch an 8 cylinder truck hit me head on leaving me unconscious out in the street.

I think you did a very fine thing starting this thread.

You can send me a private message if you ever want to talk.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 13-07-2020, 09:52 PM
lejonjus

Hey didn't notice your reply. I should put on notifications. Sometimes I notice the reply too late to respond lol

Damn to have all those surgeries you must have a high pain tolerance by now. I wonder if physical pain is a daily thing for you to endure.

So that's why you have big shoes. That's a lot of work done. Look how resilient you are. I admire that.

You started building a shed! Once you finish it you'll be like "and what!" haha. Hope it all turns out ok. That's a nice size for a shed. I have a carpet that long and can fit a decent amount of stuff in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
lejonjus, You can send me a private message if you ever want to talk.

Thank you : ) I will definitely remember John is a message away. I offer you the same.
Old 16-07-2020, 06:38 AM
Suspended

Suicide comes from a tremendous emotional pain, but I'm sure what's waiting on the other side is even more painful.. my Dad said dying is easy.. and living is harder. But if you have some person you use to love a lot.. this feeling will kill those thoughts! Love conquers all.