Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 02:15 PM
mattie

Spot On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
...I'm very tired of the dueling love-experts around here~causing more trouble than it's worth. Far from my idea of demonstrating love or it's nearest cousin.

ROFL. Just how many angels can sit on the head of that pin?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_man...ad_of_a_pin%3F

This was a popular debate in medieval times. It’s a trick question. As angels are energetic beings, the answer is all of them!
See the modern usage in the wiki article though about the tedium of overly gnawing over an idea. Chomp, chomp, chomp.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
It’s a trick question. As angels are energetic beings, the answer is all of them!

Oooh! I get it! haha. good one.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
mattie

Visual & Musical Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Oh and I love mattie for her pics, heeheehee, she always makes us scroll horizontally ~ post 'em and run, rofl! I love you mattie!

LOL. Not running.

Just all I had to say at that moment about all the words.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:46 PM
What does it mean to love?

What does it mean to love. ByMiss Hepburn Rm 1o1 Miis dohergty's class

Pain, heartache, loss, saying goodbye, with a
little happiness now and then.
Goes for my dog, cat, parents, friends, relatives,
partners and siblings.

When I love God - it means warmth in my heart, a smile on my face
and no pain
anymore.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What does it mean to love?

What does it mean to love. ByMiss Hepburn Rm 1o1 Miis dohergty's class

Pain, heartache, loss, saying goodbye, with a
little happiness now and then.
Goes for my dog, cat, parents, friends, relatives,
partners and siblings.

When I love God - it means warmth in my heart, a smile on my face
and no pain
anymore.
To Love, without expectation or object/subject, but to simply Love 'existence', with the same passion and intimacy of loving a lover..

there, there is how i understand Life's outrageous potential, limitless, unimaginably powerful, tender, brutally beautiful......

yes......

unconditional sincerity and uninhibited gusto..

Be well..
Old 05-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Moraden

He who feels 50 love feels 50 woes, he who knows no loves feels no woes. he who loves himslef and sees himself in all living things and shows compassion towards them, knows joy. love is compassion, empathy.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Xan, you are someone who is in that conscious space most of the time - that is why I value your presence.

Look at some of the earlier posts today - I say something someone doesn't like, and some others just pile on me - remember the topic title? Such irony!

Funny, that.

Because this is what you value in me I also value you, Humm. (Is that one meaning of namaste?)

It all goes into the washing machine, eh?

Xan

Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Love cannot be boxed ( like we as humans tend to do )...

Some times we do whats known as Tough Love ..

Yet Love is ...

... a whole bag of goodies .. tender ..unselfish .. tough...gentle..strong..passionate...a look ..a tear ..a hug ..a moment ..a yearn..a sadness ..an ache ..wow etc etc etc etc

Very good demonstration of what love can entail ~ (and so much more, natch)

Old 05-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Like the divine love that is behind all the good things is all well and good but I question where our inner reserves end and in the face of anger and frustration in others and danger to ourselves... can we still find the love?

I suppose we can.

According to me, given the anger and frustration and difficulties of this world we Must find the love.

Xan

Old 05-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Mountain-Goat

Morning all. I've just read all the new posts since last night, which of course, has changed things.

Humm has asked me...foremost in my mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
First of all, please specify the "immature, winking and smiling and innuendos and double speak, the not very subtle verbal insults that has been going on for I don't know how long". Without something to hang this on, it might as well just be coming out of your rear.
I very much still want to get into this "drama" that, as I said before, I have no idea who is involved, who's on who's side or how long it's been going on, or if anything i've observed is actually happening.

The only reason I have just begun to notice the above is I now have net access at home and I'm spending more time with you all.
Which is such a joy for me by the way.
Seriously, hanging out with you guys even in this restrictive\limited environment of an online forum of words and such,
i awake each morning with a spring in my step knowing we shall once again, be hanging out.

But when i see, according to my interpretation, underlying relationship problems between my brothers and sisters, i veer towards wanting to discuss it in order that maybe they can be resolved.
Problems cannot be resolved unless acknowledged they exist(brought into the open) and are discussed to gain understanding of it, of each other and hopefully, a solution and and increase in love for each other.

But in light of the new posts, and my evaluation of myself of "who am I, in relation to those involved, to presume or do such things regardless of my motivation for doing so, it's between those involved" type thoughts..

...I choose not to proceed unless you guys want me to.
I say this because it's not going to be fun, it definately has potential to be enriching, but it won't be a fun ride to that potential place, going by my own self healing experiences these last 15 years.

You may not like what I say, it may cause more problems, I do not know, all i know is i see problems and I would like to discuss them, but only if you guys want to.

I'm ready to proceed, but only if you guys are too.

EDIT:Though because of offline commitments I may have to log off soon, i dunno what the day will bring, but if i do unplug, I wil be back tonight.
EDIT: This thread is entitled, What does it mean to love? We'll let's find out shall we?
Closed Thread