Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 28-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Knower
Psychic Abilities and Medications...

Hello all,

This is question for mediums. Does anyone know of a medication that can lower/block psychic abilities? If so, what has been your experience while taking them?

Thanks!
Old 28-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Master
......::....:
Old 28-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

I really did not like taking medications as a psychic/medium because of the way it implies that I am schizophrenic, I am sick, I am mentally ill, I am schizoaffective. But! For some reason, and most likely because medications have different purposes, they have helped me a bit. No, your gift's won't be blocked. You might experience sometimes some tiredness from the medication's side effects, or as I have heard but not have verified as truth that medications can bring in negative energies to you and weaken your aura. But so far, my more and more recent experiences with medications have been positive.

Why do you want them blocked? And there are affirmations to help block out certain things like other's thoughts and spirits and ghosts.

I guess you can try, "I am a psychic/medium, thank you." That should block out negative energies and unwanted energies from you and other spirits and ghosts that are not wanted. You'll be fine! If you want to open your gifts up again, try the affirmation, "I am a psychic/medium, thank you for letting me see, hear, feel, smell, and taste ghosts, spirits, angels, spirit guides, nature spirits, elementals, the future, the past, the present, and thought's so I can help others."
Old 28-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Experiencer

I am and have been on many different medications for anxiety, bi polar, psychosis, borderline personality disorder, ptsd, etc. It has been my experiance that it is not the medications that block the ability, but the illness itself. When you suffer from an episode you get so wrapped up in the turmoil that the illness causes and the **** that caused the illness it is difficult to focus on anything else. This has been my experience.
Old 29-06-2018, 01:29 AM
Knower
Basically I am a medium with extremely sensitive Clairs...I do not want to be a medium anymore. I am having problems with being attacked by negative energies that will not leave me alone.

I do not have a history of mental illness at all. I am trying to figure out what to do.
Old 29-06-2018, 03:04 AM
Experiencer

Have you tried black tourmaline? It is a protection crystal you could find a piece of it tumbled or as jewlery on etsy. You might also want to smudge yourself and your space with sage. I have no idea how to turn off the abilities you have. Sorry
Old 29-06-2018, 08:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoGurl
Basically I am a medium with extremely sensitive Clairs...I do not want to be a medium anymore. I am having problems with being attacked by negative energies that will not leave me alone.

I do not have a history of mental illness at all. I am trying to figure out what to do.

Hello,

Yes I do understand your circumstances. I do not know of a specific medication however most skeptics would clasify and treat your circumstances as mental illness. Even though it is not that illness, treating it that way should help to some extent. It will not elininate your issue however. Even with increased dosages, issues which need to be address will continue to surface, as I see it naturally.

Now dealing with the dark side of life is not easy. However my understanding and my experience has been that it can be done effectively. So if that is really what you would perfer to do then we can talk more about that option.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 29-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoGurl

I am sorry to hear of your what you are going through. I do not know of any medicines or treatments that can do what you are asking for. At most, they would probably make things, much much worse. One of my teachers, who is a very gifted medium, while younger went that route of taking medicines to stop the gifts. Long story short. They did not help do that. One may be able to suppress those gifts, but even that would only ever be temporary. Using any pills or anything to do that would end up causing you to be numb to the world. While that may sound like a good thing to be, and happen, it truly is not.

My advice would be to seek out mediums in the area, that can help you with your gifts. Help clear out those energies, and teach you proper ways to shield, and ground, to help keep those energies from affecting you. Nothing is 100%, but it can help tremendously.

All the best,

inner
Old 29-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Master
I have been diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic and must say, medication has helped me, but now that I want to cut down on it? As I am fine most days without it? No one else will hear of it.

This diagnoses stipulates an individual in many ways- people think differently about you. Unfortunately yes too people can take you less seriously and undermine your intelligence. That can be how people are.

I want to say I agree with compendium when they say- if you truly are ill mentally- medication will greatly help your focus- the right medicine, not any medicine.

Meaning you will experience like as an individual diagnosed perhaps what I experienced. Which was- the delusional voices that were not true died down, but my gifts psychically actually improved- as I could focus, and concentrate better- as well as differentiate better what is real and what is simply not.

Truth be told. You don't need medicine for this, and if truly you are not mentally ill, you should not be taking medicine for mental illness, or anything it isn't prescribed for.

Those are the hard facts of the matter.

As well you may wish to consider- these medications actually do have very real physical side effects as well, sometimes even the physical effects from taking such medications, can be so unhealthy- it is simply better to live with the illness.

That is no joke.

That said, I know of no medication that will let you block your gifts, my suggestion would be to relax, not to let the negative entities get to you, to learn protections, including house blessings, preparing sacred space.

As for the mediumship aspect and hearing and sensing other entities whether they be ghost, different entities, nature spirits- whatever- Listen. Do not fear.

We are given our gifts for a reason. It is not wise to wish them away, block them, or block any part of our inner selves in any such way.

You too may not be able to block it, and you may have to live with it, and learn to cope, as we all have. And it may be worth considering well what if I can't block it? What then? Then you live, you deal, you learn, and you cope friend.

All my best to you.
Old 29-06-2018, 11:07 PM
Experiencer

I have to agree with Saturnine i am on a host of psychological medications currently and I speak from experiance when I say my liver has been destroyed, my cholesterol is high, I have permanent digestion issues that require even more pills. I actually have to take pills to manage the side effects from the other pills. My anxiety drug alone put me in the hospital due to side effects. This same drug gaveme chronic pain and put me on My back for 6mo before my husband figured out the problem because the doctors couldnt figure it out. This is just this round of meds. In the past I have been on things that made it impossible to sleep for days on end, others that messed up my short-term memory and more.

As I work with my doctor to get off the meds which is going to take a year to safely taper them I get to suffer the withdrawals if I dont safely taper, well these are meds that if you just throw them away they can cause seizures and death.