Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 30-05-2018, 11:45 PM
Guide

Question Eating Less After Months of Reiki

I’ve been a practitioner of Reiki for several months, but recently I noticed a change. I sense that it really had to do with the Reiki, and well, is it possible to be filled with so much more Reiki that I eat less?

I’ve been eating only breakfast for the past few days, and since I haven’t admitted to anyone in real life about my spiritual beliefs, it’s been rather hard to explain to friends and family why I eat less.

They’re worried, but I can’t seem to figure out what to say. I just feel full of energy and strength even without as much food.
Old 31-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
I’ve been a practitioner of Reiki for several months, but recently I noticed a change. I sense that it really had to do with the Reiki, and well, is it possible to be filled with so much more Reiki that I eat less?

I’ve been eating only breakfast for the past few days, and since I haven’t admitted to anyone in real life about my spiritual beliefs, it’s been rather hard to explain to friends and family why I eat less.

They’re worried, but I can’t seem to figure out what to say. I just feel full of energy and strength even without as much food.

There are a few people who can survive on prana, or universal energy alone. Given this started after you were attuned to Reiki, I think it is very possible.

Very cool if that is indeed, the case.

Other option is the possibility that the types of food you eat now provide more nutrients, therefore you need less food to sustain yourself with.

What kind of food do you have for breakfast? I have heard multiple sources that say Reiki is best channeled on a vegan diet.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:30 AM
Guide

It’s surprising to hear that it’s rare. I don’t really talk to other living human beings about Reiki much — nearly all advice is from spirit guides — so I guess I have much to learn.

I have been eating more healthy recently, but not a vegan diet. You see, I have some health problems that require me to eat animal products, and so changing my diet so drastically there would be really difficult for me.

I don’t have much in particularly unique with my diet — mostly different Asian food since I grew up with it myself, and a strange ability to intuitively sense what food works for me.

Can anyone point to some online resources where I can read about a similar situation to this? I’m curious.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:19 AM
Knower

Just to add a different perspective, I have been a Reiki Master/Teacher for over 20 years (just calculated... 24 years, wow, amazing how time passes!) and that long ago, there was very little introduction of anything but a relationship with the energy. Therefore, my eating has never followed a particular diet, except when I choose to eat a particular way, and there has never been an increase or decrease in the Reiki flow.

Reiki adjusts to the needs of the recipient. Even though we are a channel to this energy, what is required for a person will be there, regardless of what we have eaten, what we believe, how our day is going. The introduction of different rituals is just variation of practice and benefits our comfort.

The energy is Absolute.

In relation to your diet, one of the things that Reiki does is heals you, first, before you share it in the world. If you and yours (i.e. your spirit, your body) was going to experience benefit by the change of your eating, the reiki energy creates that healing naturally. Scientifically, there are many, many studies regarding intermittent fasting (specifically over 16 hours, i.e. one meal a day) that shows that it can be extremely beneficial to health.

Look into intermittent fasting, if you want some language that you can explain to others.

Last edited by Empowers : 10-07-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 30-07-2018, 05:23 PM
Seeker

When I was learning reiki, I was also on a plant based diet and drinking a lot more water. People didn't really understand that I was eating differently to feel cleaner inside. I looked thinner and weaker but felt better. It was hard to describe in the material world.