Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 14-02-2018, 02:08 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtobe
At first, I saw from the pictures that this topic was going the wrong way, then I saw the cave and decided maybe not. I think I just want to reconnect and be one with nature very strongly, as many others share the same yearning.

Hanging out in places with lots of trees and nature an stuff is awesome, rivers, oceans, mountains, forests ect.. yea go spend time in those places, maybe thats what you are looking for, you can even get a job that involves you being in those places all the time too, an idea.

Quote:
Anyways, I hope someone can speak to how you get this whole thing started, other than buying land. Buying land takes money. And money remains as part of the market. The struggle is in how to transition without using the society's means.

I posted a lot on here so ill prob leave this thread alone after this post an let others share, if you want to set something good up u'd need some money, once you get it all set up you might not need as much of it, depends on how you do it or what your going to do you know, you could find others who are already doing something similar an join them maybe, there was also a thing i heard about on a radio show a while back called the ubuntu movement, maybe check that out if you want.

Theres also a man called Daniel suelo who lives without money you can look him up on youtube an listen to some interviews of him theres also a book about him, which he did not take any money from.. he lives in caves and stuff in the desert and travels around america camping, there is even a member on this website who hang out with him in real life for a bit. Ok all the best.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Master
That's a great dream.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I hate to say it but I think you're about 150 years too late to do what you are wanting to do.

I see no way to go off the grid without purchasing land....and not just land but land with resources.....water , game....etc.

150 years ago there was still unclaimed wilderness to be found...these days, every single acre worldwide is owned by somebody.

I suppose you could go out into the wilderness of some national park and live out there till the rangers catch up with you for trespass on public lands.

Do you even know the skills needed to survive this way??? I've done it in a limited short term way and it's a lot harder than you imagine.

My advice....make some money and buy some rural property to enjoy on the weekends.

But it will be expensive.....here in Texas where I'm at, ranch land is running $1500 to $3000 per acre...and that's with no improvements.

I'm glad I bought my place 25 years ago before the prices got crazy......I own 15 sections Southwest of San Antonio and paid $95 an acre back in the 1980's

I couldn't afford what it would cost to buy such a property now.

These are exactly the challenges I mean. It's pretty much impossible what I'm wanting to do. Maybe these are leftover urges from a past life? Idk.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
I hate to say it but I think you're about 150 years too late to do what you are wanting to do.

I see no way to go off the grid without purchasing land....and not just land but land with resources.....water , game....etc.

150 years ago there was still unclaimed wilderness to be found...these days, every single acre worldwide is owned by somebody.

I suppose you could go out into the wilderness of some national park and live out there till the rangers catch up with you for trespass on public lands.

Do you even know the skills needed to survive this way??? I've done it in a limited short term way and it's a lot harder than you imagine.

My advice....make some money and buy some rural property to enjoy on the weekends.

But it will be expensive.....here in Texas where I'm at, ranch land is running $1500 to $3000 per acre...and that's with no improvements.

I'm glad I bought my place 25 years ago before the prices got crazy......I own 15 sections Southwest of San Antonio and paid $95 an acre back in the 1980's

I couldn't afford what it would cost to buy such a property now.

These are exactly the challenges I mean. It's pretty much impossible what I'm wanting to do. Maybe these are leftover urges from a past life? Idk.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:37 AM
Master
Quote:
I have urges like that all the time, when I was younger 18,19. I was homeless by choice one could say. Living that lifestyle was the ultimate freedom. But as we all know nothing is free. Since "I got my stuff together" I have missed that time in my life.
Old 15-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Suspended
Check out the house this kid made for $1500 bucks, pritty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b84OCzriXag
Old 16-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Newbie ;)

My fiance and I are attempting to do a version of this. We just bought a van that we are in the process of renovating to live out of full time. I too would ideally love to "go off the grid" but as another poster mentioned, the world is just so darn crowded now and all the land is owned by someone. We still expect to pay "rent" at RV parks and campsites, but our living costs should decrease drastically and at least we'll have the freedom to go wherever we want whenever we want, along with detaching from some of our precious stuff. We made this decision after determining that when we were camping out in the wilderness we were just so much happier. I too wish it were as simple as living in a teepee on a shore somewhere with a pleasant group of like minded people but I think we're a little ways away from that possibility.
Old 21-04-2018, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator
I lived off-grid for a while in the 1980s. It was a beautiful experience.
I lived in a grain store offered to me for no rent. When I went there with my meagre belongings it was a spidery, dusty stone walled barn half way up a mountain. It was not a "converted barn" or any such luxury. Just a stone wall building with a thick Oak door and huge stone lintel and supports which lent the place a rather Neolithic appearance, but luckily it already had a pot-bellied stove installed....
I cleaned the place in 1 day and made it lovely.
....And that was it.
Water was pumped up from a spring under the earth. The water had to be boiled. In order to boil it, one had to cut wood, bring it home, chop it up, light the stove.

The bathroom was a Victorian bowl and jug, and a spotted mirror.

The toilet was a latrine dug in the mountainside with a plank strategically placed over it, and filled in with earth each time of use.

There was an option of bathing in the stream, but I didn't want to lace the drinking water for sheep with lavender soap, so always washed in the barn, and disposed of that "grey" water elsewhere.

No refigerator, but the walls were 2ft thick so it was never too hot in there. Certain foods nevertheless wouldn't keep. It was there that I gave up meat, and milk for practical reasons, though ate canned fish.

But oh yes it was a lovely place to live. It was magical. I'd light it with a lot of candles, and it was like a shrine. I'd get the wood stove going on those bleak rainy windy days and cook up some hot food. Wonderful dinners were cooked on that stove.
And at night I'd listen to the cows underneath me as they settled for rest. I could see them and smell them through cracks in the floor-boards.
In the early morning I'd wake up and walk outside naked and look down on swathes of mist following the river in the valley below.

My currency was candles and firewood.

It's all about mind-set. And about adaptation to current circumstances, and the magic you can discover in it.
Old 26-06-2018, 08:36 PM
Master
I saw a link to this on drudgereport.com and found it so intriguing that I just had to post the link....

It's the story of a Japanese man who is now 82 years old....but in 1989...29 years ago he chose life as a hermit on a deserted island and has lived there ever since.

Not long after he moved there a storm blew his clothes away so he's lived his life naked ever since.....

Now however the Japanese authorities found him in poor condition and have forced him to move back to civilization...and he's not happy about that!

The video interview with him I thought was quite profound....One of the things he said that I thought was rather profound was his belief that a person should be able to choose where they will die and that the two things ruining the world was money and religion

Anyway...here's the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ned-Japan.html

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 27-06-2018, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
I saw a link to this on drudgereport.com and found it so intriguing that I just had to post the link....

It's the story of a Japanese man who is now 82 years old....but in 1989...29 years ago he chose life as a hermit on a deserted island and has lived there ever since.

Not long after he moved there a storm blew his clothes away so he's lived his life naked ever since.....

Now however the Japanese authorities found him in poor condition and have forced him to move back to civilization...and he's not happy about that!

The video interview with him I thought was quite profound....One of the things he said that I thought was rather profound was his belief that a person should be able to choose where they will die and that the two things ruining the world was money and religion

Anyway...here's the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ned-Japan.html

Oh dear. Poor guy, Not even allowed to choose his own way of living or the way he would prefer to be left alone until he passes !

"Forced him to move back to civilisation"? Yikes. I can understand care for him and concern, but forcing him to fit in with what appears convenient for everybody?

Kind thoughts to this man. He was doing okay for 29 years naked on his own.