Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 31-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Question how to prevent/block others?

Long story short:

I'm obsessive-compulsive in the form of "pure o" -- very intrusive thoughts
I'm a "broadcaster", i can project thoughts and feelings.

Lately, these things have mixed together so badly that i ended up "bonding" with someone i had no desire to in anyway. The worse the thoughts become, the realer they feel, the stronger the bond gets.

HOW DO I STOP THIS, PLEASE?!? IT'S KILLING ME.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by inallmydreamsidrown
Long story short:

I'm obsessive-compulsive in the form of "pure o" -- very intrusive thoughts
I'm a "broadcaster", i can project thoughts and feelings.

Lately, these things have mixed together so badly that i ended up "bonding" with someone i had no desire to in anyway. The worse the thoughts become, the realer they feel, the stronger the bond gets.

HOW DO I STOP THIS, PLEASE?!? IT'S KILLING ME.
What is the nature of the communication between the other person and you? Is the other person a man? Do you feel this person annoys you? How does that happen? Do you hear his (or her) "voice"? Do you feel harassed? Do you feel an impression of hostility? Do you hear unpleasant noises? Is the other person close, or far (hundred of miles) away? It is very difficult (as far as I know) to block telepathy.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Newbie ;)

(Thanks for replying!)

They're a relative; yes, he's male...I live in the same house. We've had a very strained relationship prior to this year, but it was easy to ignore and move on from. To be honest though, yeah, they annoy the heck out of me. Lol.

To describe the situation further: basically, i'd have spikes (triggered thoughts). And they'd come about usually in the midst of an unrelated thought. But the fact that it happened would unsettle me, which (as a huge proponent of pure-o) compelled me to "ruminate" increasingly anxiously as to why. Combine that with my other obsessive fear (of people hearing my thoughts concerning them) and you get even more anxiety on my part.

Then, believing that the more attention and energy i gave to these things would probably only realize them and make it all ten times worse, i'd obsess over trying not to, etc etc....

It's the snowball effect at it's best.

Anyway, he's been acting strangely, lately. No, i can't hear his voice, but i've become empathic to him. And when i get spikes, i believe i get responses from him. Especially at my chakra points. Conclusion: i've made my fears real. Yay me.

I'm beginning to feel very sick inside because of it -- it's bad enough I'm dealing with ocd. I don't think i can handle this very long without help (would a therapist believe me? The last one i went to seemed a bit too "practical" for the metaphysics involved here...)
Old 02-06-2014, 02:02 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
(Thanks for replying!)

They're a relative; yes, he's male...I live in the same house. We've had a very strained relationship prior to this year, but it was easy to ignore and move on from. To be honest though, yeah, they annoy the heck out of me. Lol.

To describe the situation further: basically, i'd have spikes (triggered thoughts). And they'd come about usually in the midst of an unrelated thought. But the fact that it happened would unsettle me, which (as a huge proponent of pure-o) compelled me to "ruminate" increasingly anxiously as to why. Combine that with my other obsessive fear (of people hearing my thoughts concerning them) and you get even more anxiety on my part.

Then, believing that the more attention and energy i gave to these things would probably only realize them and make it all ten times worse, i'd obsess over trying not to, etc etc....

Anyway, he's been acting strangely, lately. No, i can't hear his voice, but i've become empathic to him. And when i get spikes, i believe i get responses from him. Especially at my chakra points. Conclusion: i've made my fears real. Yay me.

I'm beginning to feel very sick inside because of it -- it's bad enough I'm dealing with ocd. I don't think i can handle this very long without help (would a therapist believe me? The last one i went to seemed a bit too "practical" for the metaphysics involved here...)
Thank you for your reaction, I am interested in your case because I feel I am a victim of a "telepathic persecution" myself, so I was wondering if there was any similarity. You say your annoyer is a male relative, who lives in the same house, a brother perhaps? You should perhaps try to have a little discussion with him about what's going on, possible thought transference, even if your relationship is not exactly great. You might consider doing some telepathy testing, perhaps with Zener cards for example, in order to try to clarify. I wonder what these "spikes" you're talking about are, is this something nervous, emotional, a pain? But you say it's thoughts. It would perhaps help if you could explain the nature of these unwanted "triggered thoughts" a little bit, but if it's something embarrassing, you'll probably prefer to talk about that with your therapist. If you are empathic to him, then the situation is maybe not too bad.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
(Thanks for replying!)

It sounds like the core problem is actually your anxiety. I mean that's the part giving you the suffering. Snowballing thoughts and feelings, rumination...can be extremely draining and emotionally damaging, because the more you do it the more you will do it, and unless you find something to break the cycle while it's happening it will just continue. I would hope its possible to find a therapist somehow who is open to these types of things, and I wish I knew how so I could tell you. If you can't find a therapist, at least telling someone, anyone who will willingly listen without judgement is very important. If someone can provide you with perhaps a walk through of thoughts to replace your anxious thoughts with, you will be provided with an outside voice you can then play in your head when you need it.

Try brainstorming what your triggers are, then come up with words or thoughts that could break in and stop your anxious thoughts that generally follow. I think if you had like someone else to read them to you out loud even, that might help. Better yet, make a recording of it, then you can perhaps put some headphones on and play it.

I don't know, just throwing out some ideas for you. I know what anxiety can do to your thoughts and really you need to reprogram those thoughts with much better thoughts. Eventually you can stop the feelings of "making things worse" and just deal with the triggers face on without any what ifs or worst case scenarios following them up. But you may not be able to do it on your own, and it may take lots of therapy.

Once you've taken that step then and only then would I recommend looking deeper into your empathic abilities.

I would also try various grounding techniques and chakra balancing meditations in the meantime.

If you are feeling some weird stuff going on at your chakras, you could pick up a cute little pouch of chakra stones (I have one that just fits in my pocket) and kinda play with the stones in your pocket when it happens. This can both help bring your chakras to balance by having the stones on your person as well as act as a therapeutic tactile sort of thing, also sort of grounding.

I'm really no expert, and I'm just throwing out some ideas, but I hope something in here may help.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Experiencer

Oh, and if this anxiety has only been triggered by your family member ... Could be HIS anxiety your feeling, or even an accumulation of both of yours. Maybe you want to ask him what's up and if he needs to talk about anything.

If you guys have trouble speaking or really aren't close enough, I would even pick up like an anxiety self help book and maybe let it be like a coffee table staple or bathroom reader. You never know, could peak his interest and get him to talk or simply open up the book.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Knower
I feel you. I just usually learn how to relax and try not to think about broadcasting my thoughts. keeping yourself busy helps as well as not thinking about the person. Send him a thought to get out of your head but people tend to do that too, get in your head. I usually tell people to get out of my head when I "feel" another presence in my head. And when people get in my head, I get an anxiety type of feeling, a nervousness, you can say. Try meditation and just learn how to relax. Worrying about people knowing what you think is just gonna make it worse.

I've been aware of broadcasting my thoughts for 3 years now, and I'm glad I'm not the only one because back in 2012, I thought I was the only one who was broadcasting my thoughts. I isolated myself from everyone and even stopped talking to my family at home and close friends. I'm still affected to this day because it has caused me to be depressed because my thoughts should be private. I've learned to control it every now and then. exercise is crucial.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Pathfinder

does alcohol act as a block?
Old 02-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgallagher
does alcohol act as a block?

i don't think so, what I've always heard is drugs make you susceptible to entities influencing or even possessing you. could make your sensitivities heightened but make your abilities dulled.

BTW, sorry to see you're still having such difficulties, Tom. there might be some of us on heere who could offer some advice on finding healers and helpers if you'd like to PM for more info.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:01 AM
elsousa

Look up and practice mindfulness meditation. It will take a few weeks of practice to get results. In a nutshell, it is "accepting things in the present moment exactly as they are".
I too suffer from (sub clinical) OCD and it just makes the thought broadcasting so much worse. If you can learn to just accept reality you will return to the person you used to be before realizing you are a broadcaster. It is not easy, it took me about 2 years so be prepared for the long haul.
Always remember, you are safe and sane. No matter what you experience out in the world.