Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 25-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Experiencer

Anxiety Depression

I've heard of taking St. John's Wort, and maybe Valerian root, to help people with anxiety depression.

Anyone reading this take either of these for depression, or, what other natural remedy do you use?

I have been taking cod liver oil every day, ( has Vit D3 in it), and, it does seem to help a little of the anxiety.

My doctor just started me on Sertraline ( Zoloft is a brand name ), for anxiety depression, so, I have to give it a few weeks, but, if that doesn't work, I'm looking to natural remedies.
Old 25-02-2014, 01:49 PM
rijhumal

i can suggest you a technique by which you may get out of anxiety and depression
Old 25-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Ascender
If you're on birth control, don't take St. John's Wort. It counteracts the effects of the BC pill. But both are good for anxiety and depression, however, speak to your Doctor before taking either.
Old 26-02-2014, 05:21 PM
pgrundy

A brisk walk every day for at least half and hour is one the best remedies for depression and anxiety. Of course, if you are depressed you usually don't feel like going for a walk, and if you are anxious you might be afraid to.

I take anti depressant anti anxiety meds and still try to go for a brisk walk daily. I notice the difference if I can't or don't walk.

Good luck!
Old 26-02-2014, 10:50 PM
VisionQuest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
I've heard of taking St. John's Wort, and maybe Valerian root, to help people with anxiety depression.

Anyone reading this take either of these for depression, or, what other natural remedy do you use?

I have been taking cod liver oil every day, ( has Vit D3 in it), and, it does seem to help a little of the anxiety.

My doctor just started me on Sertraline ( Zoloft is a brand name ), for anxiety depression, so, I have to give it a few weeks, but, if that doesn't work, I'm looking to natural remedies.

Prescription drugs treat symptoms , not the underlying causes. That said , they can be of short term benefit, but are almost always long term dangerous. Cocaine use to be prescribed for depression.

Natural remedies include: Lemon Balm, Scullcap, PassionFlower, St. Johns Wort , Rhodiola Root , Fish Oil , Turmeric , and a host of other herbs.

A diet rich in Organic Produce is highly beneficial and aids the root of any physical problems, brain included.

Daily exercise in nature and a week camping out can reset the biological clock, which results in a far better mood.

The Mind issues are deeper and take some practices to get through. Try those outlined in "SuperMind" by Vernon Howard ~
Old 28-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrundy
A brisk walk every day for at least half and hour is one the best remedies for depression and anxiety. Of course, if you are depressed you usually don't feel like going for a walk, and if you are anxious you might be afraid to.

I take anti depressant anti anxiety meds and still try to go for a brisk walk daily. I notice the difference if I can't or don't walk.

Good luck!

Had my first counseling session yesterday. and the counselor to definitely get in the habit of exercising. She also explained to me what sertraline should do for me, so, I feel better about it. I notice no adverse side affects. The first couple of days, I had dry mouth and mild stomach upset, loss of appetite. These symptoms have now pretty much went away, and, starting to get appetite back.

I will give it a chance. When the weather gets a bit better, definitely plan on walking every day. It's something I can do, and I know it can't hurt.
Old 28-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Master
have you tried preserving your essence, i.e. not ejaculating? many men report much greater confidence and emotional balance after about a week and this generally gets more pronounced as time goes on. might sound like a strange natural cure for depression but if you're deficient in sexual power, the base motor for everything else, it will, by degree, affect your mood.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 02-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
have you tried preserving your essence, i.e. not ejaculating? many men report much greater confidence and emotional balance after about a week and this generally gets more pronounced as time goes on. might sound like a strange natural cure for depression but if you're deficient in sexual power, the base motor for everything else, it will, by degree, affect your mood.

There is a lot going on inside the brain than we don't know. Doctors can't even diagnose a person with dementia, as to whether or not the person has Alzheimer's disease or some other problem with the chemical activity in the brain.
Best they can do are subjective tests.

I was told by a neurologist there are no tests to do to see what the problem may be with a person's neurotransmitters, or even other areas. They can test for the adrenal and thyroid, sometimes those cause depression or mood problems.

From my point of view, I feel I have no emotional feelings toward things and events. For example, I would probably feel the same attending a wedding or a funeral.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:06 PM
pens66

You can add crystals - lithium quartz and any green stone help. Just put them in your pocket , works wonders for my anxiety.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Master

Bachs Rescue remedy is something i like for an emergency