Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Master
We tend to identify with either God or I but not both.

Everyone seems to identify with something. Most people identify with their body or their mind or the world around them.

Spiritual people tend to identify with deeper things. I have noticed that the members here at SF tend to identify with either the God or the I. But not both.

I tend to identify with God. I am puzzled by members who identify with the I. People who identify with the I tend to be puzzled by those who identify with God.

It is funny in a way.

The ultimate reality may be the same for all. But people still tend to identify with different things.

Spiritual people like us all have our different names for ultimate reality with which we IDENTIFY with.

We identify with God, or I AM, or The Goddess, or The Spirit, or The Christ, or The Universe, or The Cosmos, or The Light and so on.

We all have a different NAME for ultimate reality which we identify with.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Nebulous

As I said on the other, similar post... I prefer both.

I identify with both simultaneously. I'm usually aware of both at the same time and think on two different levels with a thin divide between. In ascending to the higher level, that 'God' self you might say, I never wished to sacrifice the full experience of being human, being me, feeling all that I feel and experiencing life in this frail shell. So I am BOTH. I am God wrapped in fragile human skin, living a life that has been largely tragic with beauty between. I am God writing the story of my life, and Self living the story as it unfolds.

Most times I will react as myself - me, with all my experiences, with all my opinions and viewpoints thereby gained, with all my fallibility and all my emotion. Then once in a while something far different becomes evident, with seemingly no warning. It becomes evident who, within me, is really running the show. The Writer of my story, a greater part of me, a self-contained "God" if you will. All the while between, I am aware of both existing harmoniously, two streams of consciousness that meet somewhere in the middle.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Royalite

This is very black and white thinking as I "identify" with both.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinie
This is very black and white thinking as I "identify" with both.

I have found that it is very rare for anyone to be able to identify with both. I'm not saying anyone has to identify with only one of those; it just seems that is the case.

Personally I would love to be able to identify with both. It makes a stronger person if one can. But the issue and subject is so big that most people can usually only identify with one or the other.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Master
Yes I identify with both, my true Self and my mind body organism.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:09 AM
PiscesGirl

I can't seperate I from God or God from I - whichever way I start it always goes around to the other and they are one in the same for me.

I think this is why I am yet to find a religion I get.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Master
There are only imaginary ways of representing a duality.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:09 PM
SoulSparkles

I identify with anything that resonates with me.... I have no fixed religion, I can take aspects from all different religions, but to me religion is man made, I address The Universe, Ascended Masters, God, Godesses, Angels, Good Spirits of the Light..... Its a real mouthful!!! :-)

It works for me :-)

SoulSparkles
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Everyone seems to identify with something. Most people identify with their body or their mind or the world around them.

Spiritual people tend to identify with deeper things. I have noticed that the members here at SF tend to identify with either the God or the I. But not both.

I tend to identify with God. I am puzzled by members who identify with the I. People who identify with the I tend to be puzzled by those who identify with God.

It is funny in a way.

The ultimate reality may be the same for all. But people still tend to identify with different things.

Spiritual people like us all have our different names for ultimate reality with which we IDENTIFY with.

We identify with God, or I AM, or The Goddess, or The Spirit, or The Christ, or The Universe, or The Cosmos, or The Light and so on.

We all have a different NAME for ultimate reality which we identify with.

Honza,

I see your view as valid on the level of either/or thinking. It is actually related to a very fundamental concept at the root of all mystical pursuits (which I won't get into here - but you can read about in my link). Essentially, when you use language like "we identify with" the idea of separation or duality is already inherent in it.

Ego or "I" consciousness is Consciousness in limitation. It is as though Consciousness needed to put on a pair of glasses to view itself, and this pair of glasses is the "I".

Every human cell in the body has a simple, insect-like intelligence. Every cell takes orders from its DNA and electro-chemical signals through which mind (soul) connects with physical body (brain). The "I" can say, "I am not this" or "I am this" or "I am both". In entering the body, actually three bodies, Consciousness assumes multiple "I am's" identifying with any number of human and spiritual aspects: I am the mind, I am my memories, I am cosmic mind etc...

But getting back to the human cell... Take a heart cell for instance. Scientists filmed the formation of a heart. First individual heart cells were created. Each one beat to its own rhythm. But they were called or pulled to join together and in figuring out how to work together in harmony they fit like a puzzle and started to beat as one. We can look at this and say, each individual heart cell lost its individual "I" to merge with a collective "I" and identify with the whole not the part.

When a soul leaves a human body in "death" (what is that really) there is no powerful karmic intention to hold these cells together and the body in decaying begins to return to the elements as individual cells.

There is a great teaching in all of this, the teaching of Mother Nature, in the process of evolution. So too with soul evolution...the extent to which we can oscillate between an identification with collectivity and with oneness determines our power as spiritual beings (or beingness) within an experience of embodiment, which is an experience of limitation.

If any "I" were to ascend to the level of losing it's "I" completely - to merge into the Void, it would also lose the capacity to know itself, to feel feelings, or to experience interaction with others. It would be like a deep sleep - blissful yes, but without an "I" to enjoy that bliss.

I'm glad you brought up this topic as you got me thinking about things...it is therefore a message to me also.

God bless
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM
n2mec

For me, the "I" tends to suit me just fine in a basic converstaion anything else gets lengthy, my God wanted me to say that.