Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Neville

Magnetic therapy.

For at least 4000 years magnetically charged metals have been used in healing applications.

Magnetic jewellery is often purchased by sufferers of arthritis or rheumatism to combat inflammation and pain but how do they work ?

How do they effect and interact with our human biology?

Here are just some of the benefits that have been attributed to the wearing of magnets.

As cells become damaged over time, the use of magnets is thought refresh the ion's in the cell structure to restore and refresh the health of the cell, and augment the body's overall ability to neutralise free radicals.

The Iron proportion in blood is agitated by magnets and increase circulation thus encouraging oxygenation of the blood. Increased bloodflow increases toxin flushing which are then naturally expelled through the processes of filtering and purification performed by the liver and kidneys.
Another advantage of increased circulation is the even distribution of nutrients.

Magnets effect the small electrical impulses that our nervous system is operated with by encouraging the release of endorphin hormones that produce in turn natural pain relief. A Magnetic fields effect on the nerve endings at the skin surface have been shown to not only significantly reduce inflammation, but to repair it by providing the flow of oxygen and nutrient rich blood to the area of inflammation.

Our dependency on magnets is already well established as our Earth is protected by a Megnetosphere a protective sheath of magnetic energy that protects us from the effects of space storms generated by solar winds. the Earth itself is subject to the effects of magnetic pole movements.

With all this information in mind, magnets are clearly a great alternative or complementary therapy.

Edit to add..It really should go without saying that anyone using electrical health aids should avoid using magnets. e.g pace makers and hearing aids as the magnets will effect these.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Master
I may have mentioned this before but my ex is a Practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and there is a twist on acupuncture which uses small magnets attached to acupoints using adhesive plaster. I think she uses this for treating things like travel sickness and stopping smoking, etc.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Magnets effect the small electrical impulses that our nervous system is operated with by encouraging the release of endorphin hormones that produce in turn natural pain relief. A Magnetic fields effect on the nerve endings at the skin surface have been shown to not only significantly reduce inflammation, but to repair it by providing the flow of oxygen and nutrient rich blood to the area of inflammation.

hi Neville,

I was just wondering .... on this inflammation idea, do you think will this work by wearing a magnetic bracelet ? How does the magnetic field know where the inflammation is ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I may have mentioned this before but my ex is a Practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and there is a twist on acupuncture which uses small magnets attached to acupoints using adhesive plaster. I think she uses this for treating things like travel sickness and stopping smoking, etc.

This is actually a common practice these days for travel or motion sickness. The person seeking relief wears a bracelet that has magnets in it. Don't know how well it works.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Master
Have a magnet underlay on the bed and attach small magnets directly over pain areas. They do work.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Deactivated Account

what is a magnetic overlay ? like a magnetic sheet ?

so putting the magnet on the inflamed area, it goes thru your body, to the magnetic overlay ? Kind of like a magnetic sandwich ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 11-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
what is a magnetic overlay ? like a magnetic sheet ?

so putting the magnet on the inflamed area, it goes thru your body, to the magnetic overlay ? Kind of like a magnetic sandwich ?

I wasn't very clear was I? Two separate things DA. The underlay is a cover for the mattress with magnets sewn into it.

The small magnets are patches one can place on a painful area on the body and it directly targets the pain. They work well for pain relief.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you NS for the explanation.

Expect Miracles !

Old 11-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Thank you NS for the explanation.

You're most welcome and the pleasure is all mine.
Cheers DA