Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Master

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Thanks for sharing! Falling
Why do you have such a resentment about giving?
What in this physical life is so precious that you can not let go of?
Unless you are giving your life to it?? hmm.

If this is love that you feel giving and one sided?,, in my opinion, truly unconditional love and spirituality do not involve any expectation..

When expectation is placed, then the self imposed missery occurs because those two are never about receiving.

But I feel ya...

I don't feel resentful for giving in fact I'd rather. But rather until recently any time I've tried it has resulted in sure and immediate rejection. And it hurts. Badly. When that happens. So I am inclined to hold back so I don't get slapped around?

I don't feel like talking about expectation right now. Sigh. Just as well since I just read your second post... everyone with the insults sigh. I'm doing just fine thank you... despite your current desire to think otherwise.
Old 17-09-2018, 10:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I don't feel resentful for giving in fact I'd rather. But rather until recently any time I've tried it has resulted in sure and immediate rejection. And it hurts. Badly. When that happens. So I am inclined to hold back so I don't get slapped around?

I don't feel like talking about expectation right now. Sigh. Just as well since I just read your second post... everyone with the insults sigh. I'm doing just fine thank you... despite your current desire to think otherwise.
Oh... I am sorry Falling... It was not intended as an insult.... Just trying to help...
You need a hug. So I am hugging you.
I am glad that you are doing just fine and not needing anythiing.. I am relieved.
Old 18-09-2018, 10:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Oh... I am sorry Falling... It was not intended as an insult.... Just trying to help...
You need a hug. So I am hugging you.
I am glad that you are doing just fine and not needing anythiing.. I am relieved.

thank you for the hug! it means a lot
Old 18-09-2018, 11:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
thank you for the hug! it means a lot

I will hug you anytime when you need it. Just ask for it if you need it.
Old 24-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Master
Quote:
it is easy to say not to be influenced by others, much harder to live it. No man is an island? Even those of us on islands, don't really live alone.

One of my earliest observations was, if you try to utilize methods used by others to get somewhere you also end up utilizing all their attitudes about what to do once there. So for example you couldn't rise through the political ranks and become a career politician, if you didn't learn to espouse the same values as the people who are currently there already have? At least it would be beyond most people to even want to try, let alone succeed at such an endeavor because of the loneliness involved.

Same goes for enlightenment. Or really any endeavor. If I followed other peoples ideas on how to get there I'd also pick up their attitudes about what to do once I am there???

If you were going to make a change at the end you would have to build the whole thing for yourself, from scratch. So that you would learn along the way not to think either the ideas of how to get there or the ideas of what to do once there were desirable just because others value them.

Noone wants to be that lonely though.
I have been learning along the way like you mentioned,not really setting out to find enlightenment but grabbing it as it comes. Totally unplanned or forced. A few days ago I had a positive experience that changed my way of thinking. I think all the right things came together at the perfect time and there it was, one big step closer. It all happened in a matter of a few hours.
Old 24-09-2018, 10:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I have been learning along the way like you mentioned,not really setting out to find enlightenment but grabbing it as it comes. Totally unplanned or forced. A few days ago I had a positive experience that changed my way of thinking. I think all the right things came together at the perfect time and there it was, one big step closer. It all happened in a matter of a few hours.

yeah it is really nice to give yourself that breathing room, to just discover it on your own terms.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Master
In my view, we should probably not look at enlightenment as a fixed coordinate we need to get to, firstly because if do not know what it is, setting it as a ‘goal’ is pointless and secondly because our evolution is marked by almost imperceptible grades of seamless ascension, which we may observe, if we look within.

Each micro ascension is an enlightenment in itself. Mostly, it has to do with detoxifying our consciousness ... reducing negativity.

What is negativity? Anything that contracts our consciousness and blocks a sense of unity with the Universe.

Enlightenment ... we engage in meditation or prayer ... we feel the divine connect within. Our consciousness expands and we partially imbibe the divine love attribute. For those who have not experienced, even this peripheral entwining is enlightenment. For those who have experienced, they go deeper as a non-doer.

The ascension happens automatically. All we need to do is to allow it.

Enlightenment ... each peak is a new trough from where new peaks appear. Enjoy!