Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-09-2018, 06:10 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I wouldn't count Rammstein as heavy metal, they are rather Industrial metal. I like them a little bit but I prefer their earliest albums. Even though it's only for show and they don't take themselves quite seriously, I don't really like that whipping and uncanny stuff they do on stage neither, but I guess it's just their sense of humor. I personally prefer more uplifting bands and true heavy metal such as Hammerfall but I don't think you know them, lol.

I suppose it's time for you to seek different places and people without bad energy? Not everyone who's drunk has bad energy, it just depends on which place and people you're with. I generally try to ignore and avoid people and places that make me feel terrible and it works pretty well. I hope you'll succeed as well.

I'm always looking for new music, thanks. Never heard of Hammerfall before.

I really don't go out and I am happy with that. It's just that I really wanted to go and see this artist. It's bucket list stuff.
Old 14-09-2018, 06:19 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
An addendum: Recently on YouTube I have watched some videos of flash mob performances of Ode to Joy by Beethoven. IMO far and away an example of good energy in a setting of crowd presence.

Yes, I do think that a crowd is capable of generating good energy when good intentions are involved. But when you have a bunch of people intent on being drunk and scoring easy sex etc, the energy changes. Add to that loud music with said people screaming and shouting then it's almost like a trance situation to me. I'm not sure that I am strong enough to protect myself in a situation like that. At least not yet. And even if I could, I'm not sure if I want to be around such energy.
Old 14-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
Yes, I do think that a crowd is capable of generating good energy when good intentions are involved. But when you have a bunch of people intent on being drunk and scoring easy sex etc, the energy changes. Add to that loud music with said people screaming and shouting then it's almost like a trance situation to me. I'm not sure that I am strong enough to protect myself in a situation like that. At least not yet. And even if I could, I'm not sure if I want to be around such energy.
There is no such things as 'good' or 'bad' energy, there's just energy. 'Good' and 'bad' are judgement, nothing more and no amount of protection and shielding can protect you from your own perceptions. You decide what's 'good' or 'bad' energy.

I spent a couple of years as a live events organiser and organised all kinds of events, from putting on small, local bands to major city centre events. Obviously the energies were very different but they were just energies, and the people attending the events were enjoying them in the way they saw fit. That's what people do and yes, even getting drunk and scoring easy sex but to some that's all a part of the culture. It's been around since Woodstock and it's not going away any time soon.

When you learn to deal with your own perceptions and judgement your perceptions of the energies change, when you perceive their getting drunk as their way of enjoying the show then there are no more 'bad' energies. No protection needed. People can also become 'caught up' in the loud music, often it can set up vibrations in the stomach and flowing with the rhythms can be quite enjoyable.

From a very Spiritual perspective, this is the reality that you are co-creating so what's next? Because this particular ball is definitely in your court.
Old 14-09-2018, 10:23 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
There is no such things as 'good' or 'bad' energy, there's just energy. 'Good' and 'bad' are judgement, nothing more and no amount of protection and shielding can protect you from your own perceptions. You decide what's 'good' or 'bad' energy.

I spent a couple of years as a live events organiser and organised all kinds of events, from putting on small, local bands to major city centre events. Obviously the energies were very different but they were just energies, and the people attending the events were enjoying them in the way they saw fit. That's what people do and yes, even getting drunk and scoring easy sex but to some that's all a part of the culture. It's been around since Woodstock and it's not going away any time soon.

When you learn to deal with your own perceptions and judgement your perceptions of the energies change, when you perceive their getting drunk as their way of enjoying the show then there are no more 'bad' energies. No protection needed. People can also become 'caught up' in the loud music, often it can set up vibrations in the stomach and flowing with the rhythms can be quite enjoyable.

From a very Spiritual perspective, this is the reality that you are co-creating so what's next? Because this particular ball is definitely in your court.

I will have to disagree with you on this one. Totally. I am very much aware when something feels "off" energetically and when something feels calm, soothing, comfortable - even healing. I find water very calming so going to a waterfall and relaxing in such an environment is a much more preferable energy for me to be around than the energy generated by a crowd where loud music and yes, drugs and alcohol are involved. I've done my fair share of drugs and alcohol, trust me and I've never come across a situation that this combination generates good energy. Yes, I am judging it as such (good and bad) because I want to be aware if the kind of environment I'm getting myself into.

I'm not so much worried about the artist and the music but rather the crowd.

My spiritual reality has been that not discerning between such energies has led to things like entity attachments so I don't want to go back there again.
Old 14-09-2018, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
I will have to disagree with you on this one. Totally. I am very much aware when something feels "off" energetically and when something feels calm, soothing, comfortable - even healing.
Instead of just strongly and totally disagreeing, perhaps it might be of benefit to contemplate and examine what some of us are trying to communicate.

"Healing energy" is not a thing that exists in and of itself. Rather, you personally have an affinity towards situations and interactions that appeal to you; that feel good to you, and which you then term "healing." And which you identify as calm, soothing, and comfortable.

Likewise, what you term "bad energy" are situations and interactions which do not appeal to you; that do not make you "feel" calm, soothed and comfortable.

All of the above, and how we react and respond, are the result of human feelings. In this case, they are reflective of your personal feelings. You choose how you feel about all this. And that is one aspect of human free will: we get to choose how we feel towards this or that particular thing and/or situation.

Energy itself does not feel or have feelings. It just is. And it is the human being who then labels it good or bad, depending on her/his personal feelings towards it. This is a projection of the mind in other words -- the idea of something being inherently good or bad -- and not a spiritual truth. And personally, I mostly blame religious inculcation for that.

Much of new-age/spirtual thinking and expression is still bound by the same limited and archaeic forms of conceptualizing that religious belief has hammered into our collective human psyche for centuries. This whole "good vs bad" argument in fact is about as apropos an example as one could come up with: God good, Satan bad; heaven good, hell bad. See what I mean? As our consciousness evolves, we need to evolve the manner in which we conceptualize and think about these things.

This new age we are in is all about self-examination. It is all about taking personal responsibility for the way we feel and respond towards that which comes to us via our experiences and interactions. We have evolved to a state of consciousness where we can now see and understand that the thing itself is neither good nor bad. And it is through self-examination and self-understanding that we discover what it is in ourself that makes us "feel" one way or the other; why we have this or that positive or negative reaction.
Old 14-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
I've done my fair share of drugs and alcohol, trust me and I've never come across a situation that this combination generates good energy. Yes, I am judging it as such (good and bad) because I want to be aware if the kind of environment I'm getting myself into.
I rest my case.

So is the question "What are you really trying to find the answer to here?" Is the environment itself that's in question or your own feelings about your past?
Old 14-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
Just recently I was given by my friend who is starting a crystal shop a labradorite palm stone and I truly have felt significant affects from carrying it. I feel it really balanced me and calmed me with any anxiety that comes with the days events. I know this particular stone seems to be working for me. You need to hold some to see what resonates with you and if you feel anything from them. Just follow your intuition when you see them.

I have been considering the use of crystals for some time now and you just convinced me to give them a try. Thanks.
Old 14-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Instead of just strongly and totally disagreeing, perhaps it might be of benefit to contemplate and examine what some of us are trying to communicate.

"Healing energy" is not a thing that exists in and of itself. Rather, you personally have an affinity towards situations and interactions that appeal to you; that feel good to you, and which you then term "healing." And which you identify as calm, soothing, and comfortable.

Likewise, what you term "bad energy" are situations and interactions which do not appeal to you; that do not make you "feel" calm, soothed and comfortable.

All of the above, and how we react and respond, are the result of human feelings. In this case, they are reflective of your personal feelings. You choose how you feel about all this. And that is one aspect of human free will: we get to choose how we feel towards this or that particular thing and/or situation.

Energy itself does not feel or have feelings. It just is. And it is the human being who then labels it good or bad, depending on her/his personal feelings towards it. This is a projection of the mind in other words -- the idea of something being inherently good or bad -- and not a spiritual truth. And personally, I mostly blame religious inculcation for that.

Much of new-age/spirtual thinking and expression is still bound by the same limited and archaeic forms of conceptualizing that religious belief has hammered into our collective human psyche for centuries. This whole "good vs bad" argument in fact is about as apropos an example as one could come up with: God good, Satan bad; heaven good, hell bad. See what I mean? As our consciousness evolves, we need to evolve the manner in which we conceptualize and think about these things.

This new age we are in is all about self-examination. It is all about taking personal responsibility for the way we feel and respond towards that which comes to us via our experiences and interactions. We have evolved to a state of consciousness where we can now see and understand that the thing itself is neither good nor bad. And it is through self-examination and self-understanding that we discover what it is in ourself that makes us "feel" one way or the other; why we have this or that positive or negative reaction.

Thanks for your considered response. If I had to take your advice then I wouldn't go to the concert because I have "labelled" the whole situation as being "bad" for the reasons you mentioned, the main one being my own feelings.

You however, make the assumption that I'm a new age follower, which I'm not or even a Christian (God is good, Satan is bad), which I'm not either. I follow a completely different path to those ideologies and so having said all the above, your deductions don't really quite resonate with me. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts. Much appreciated.
Old 14-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I rest my case.

So is the question "What are you really trying to find the answer to here?" Is the environment itself that's in question or your own feelings about your past?

I am asking about the environment. I just had a little chuckle about your response.

Not even sure how to respond to you anymore. Thanks anyway.
Old 14-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
I am asking about the environment. I just had a little chuckle about your response.

Not even sure how to respond to you anymore. Thanks anyway.
Well I guess you know best, which made me chuckle a little too -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyu7v7nWzfo

By all means stay at home and miss the concert, perhaps knowing you know best will serve as a consolation prize.