Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Master
Dealing with Masculine Inferiority

A few hours ago, I was reading some threads and stumbled across one that talked about gender equality in the workforce and that they felt unhappy because the work they were submitted too was hard for them and these jobs for be for males exclusively, since apparently we are just inherently stronger and more physically capable than women ... which I honestly don't think is completely true.

My father and mother have metabolic issue, though strangely they are on both opposites scales in terms of what they do. My father's metabolism is so fast that it makes it very difficult for him to maintain weight, exclusively muscle and fat-while my mother has difficulty maintaining muscle because it often gets chemically reformed into fat.

For myself, this means that not only does my body have issues with gaining weight, but any fat I have is almost instantly used to create energy instead of muscle and as such gaining weight is a huge struggle for me.

At first I didn't let this bother me too much, I trained in various martial arts, and met men and women capable of lifting and performing much more than I can in terms of strength due to their muscle mass being greater.

No I didn't start having issue until I started working. Constantly I was turned down from more intellectual jobs because they feel that women are more able to excel in these positions like accounting and much more, I have certifications in these fields that I trained for, but even still they refuse me. And, then I am pushed into jobs that function on hard labor, and its a constant battle. Due to my weight class and my inability to gain weight, I'm a liability to many of them. They know I can't lift heavy things and all around me are these huge men who are buffer than steel and seem to look down on me for it. Funny thing is I can beat many of them in a fight, but that doesn't really matter-not when the point is putting bread on the plate.

I can't make enough money to even buy a lot of food needed to keep a male figure like that, and my metabolism simply won't let up- and it probably won't for a while as my father is in his sixties and he just seems to be getting skinnier.

This has left me quite depressed, I can't understand what I'm supposed to do in a world that feels so gender-centric about its opportunities. At heart I'm an artist, but well, only a few in the realm art get to make it in terms of making money off it. Especially in this country.