Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 03-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Guide

I got to a point where I went au natural with everything. It's been 2-3 months I believe now since I started using shampoo again, I want to explore still more of a natural shampoo bar or something. I did the water only, some times lemon juice, baking soda, other natural substances thing on my hair for 6 years. Heat is good source to take away.

Anyways, Make up.

Ya. I also went without it for a couple of years there as well, & at first I had a hard time with it, not that I wore much anyways - mascara, blush or bronzer, & sometimes the odd eye shadow or eye liner. That's about it. & when I came back to wanting to use it again, for fun, & not see it as shaming myself in any way shape or form or that I was hiding - because I learned that I CAN let my natural beauty shine through, & be okay with it.

I actually quite like to be au natural, & not have that, OH I HAVE TO BE PERFECT to walk out the door. When I first used mascara again, after all that time, ooooH! it stung like a son of a gun! yikes & my eyes welled up.

There are a lot of brands not tested on animals, just look for the lil bun bun ears, & I believe there is a website too to have a look at your fav brands, or check out some new one's!

& than you could also try looking up Megan can't remember her last name but does the natural makeup look using fruits & veg to add a subtle glow on youboob. :)

Again, things like coffee, late nights, & alcohol can really age your skin, & take away from a natural glow. :( I work late nights again. & than eating certain things can give you a nice glow too & with enough water, give you a nice dewiness no matter your age. I always liked that too.

I like girly (swear edit/ SF Staff). It is fun to experiment with both, if one used it to hide behind. I agree, it can be very freeing.

This is totally random: that's jus me,

I've just started at a new place, & this gal walked into the bathroom, a working peer, & I thought, damn she's one of the lucky one's, she's beautiful without & with makeup. (cuz I was thinking down about myself) & than she says to me out of nowhere, I am SUPER Self Conscious about my skin because I have adult acne, & I don't have enough time to put on my concealer. & I was totally blown away. I didn't want to seem like I was BSing her, with my previous thoughts, so I just said, just remember it's all in your head, you're beautiful, & people don't see what YOU see.

I also have to remember this too, as sometimes I don't always feel my best, but I know, people for the most part, don't care.

Except for hairiness. Ladies, &&& especially men, be like (swear edit/SF Staff)?!?! That's not a dude!! LOL.

Last edited by Adrienne : 09-11-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
Conventional western womens makeup must be one of the most obvious masks, I havent worn anynow for 6 months and will never go back ,Ive let my eyebrows go

natural and feel so free and happy ,apart from all the chemicals that these products put into us ,the freeness of just walking out the door with a little coconut oil and

light moisturiser on for dryness is liberating ,all the stuff that comes with it for me I just dont resonate with anymore ,some people say it makes you feel better ,well

maybe gives you confidence but is that the kind of confidence we really need based on our outer appearance ? Ive worn enough of it over my life to know the power and

control it can have over men and the even women ,and the how one can hide behind it in many ways,and stay stuck in old patterns. I say viva natural beauty from

within and let my heart ,soul and divinity shine through as become true to who I Am...

I admire you, Deepsoul. Makeup does function somewhat like a mask. Women in the United States via the media have been conditioned to feel they have to put makeup on to make themselves more beautiful to others, especially to men. I love weekends because I don't bother with the darn stuff. I might drive without it too, but to go into a store I have to drive back home first and put on eye liner and mascara. Sad isn't it? I'd like to just not care what other people think and in all reality I'm sure that no one I encounter or that sees me is really putting all that much thought into my appearance. It's all on me, I know.

I remember walking back to my dorm from swimming in college and had no makeup on. A young man looked at me and said something to the effect that I was ugly. He might have just been kidding, but it obviously has stuck with me.

If one were to break it down and study human behavior and the mating process, it would likely be clear that women are in competition with each other to attract men. The face is the first thing seen, although some would argue it's the body, LOL. At any rate, the cosmetic industry sure does invest a lot of money in facial products, makeup, anti-aging creams, etc. because they know it's very easy to capitalize on women's fears of not being perfect or aging.

Men don't go through this madness. Oh to be so free.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Master
What a beautiful open honest post ,All I can say is Ive never felt better I just dont miss it,I wore enough of the darn stuff over the years ,I especially dont miss all the chemical component as well as the time factor ,Im learning to be proud of who I am from the inside out and truly Ive never felt better ,its funny you seem to be liked by alot more people too as though your not in competition or masquerading,added bonus ,I think we all just need to do whats best for us though ....:)
Old 10-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Master
~Except for hairiness.~

I'm an older fellow (60s flower child) and I have never EVER understood women wearing makeup, different generation maybe. As for hairiness, same opinion: natural is beautiful. I never had anything to do with women who wore makeup, I'm actually quite bigoted in that regard, similar to my views regarding men who drink beer and watch sports, heh.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Men don't go through this madness. Oh to be so free.

Would you like to trade places with us and lose all the hair on your head while you're still in your 30's or 40's?

Old 12-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Would you like to trade places with us and lose all the hair on your head while you're still in your 30's or 40's?

wolfgaze - He he, your post made me chuckle. No I suppose I wouldn't want to go through hair loss myself as I have long thick hair. And I wouldn't think losing hair for men is any different. But I do find men who are losing their hair or are bald to be just as attractive as those with lots of hair. For me it's all in the face and what it expresses. Personality rules. I get your point though. Thanks for keeping it real.
Old 23-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Master
I agree--maybe it's just me being lazy, maybe it's just the fact that I came to realize that I am a physically ugly person and nothing will change that, but I've never had any real reason to wear much makeup. Anytime I tried, I pretty much gave up after a couple of days as I felt it was a waste of time.

Why try to hide what is really me after all? I was given a physically ugly body in this lifetime for a reason--my soul wanted to re-learn the lesson of beauty being only skin deep--by giving her incarnation (me) an ugly physical body, she figured I'd know how it felt and would give ugly people the same amount of attention as I did attractive ones.

It kind of worked and it kind of didn't. I had some lovers that were NOT attractive at all--but I fell in love with them anyway. That said, I me them over the internet first, so I didn't see them right away either. Couldn't make judgments. Sadly in real life, I didn't start willingly talking to ugly people until later on, when I connected with my divine path and such.

Also, I only just realized I was actually really ugly a few months ago--I had been surrounded by deeply empathetic, caring people who saw me for who I was, not what I looked like. And so they led me to believe I was attractive.

I am no prize on the inside either, but better than I am on the outside!

I still shave though, my body's simply far too hairy to go without shaving. I'm also pale as a ghost and my hair is very dark, so it's even more noticeable. My legs look like my dad's legs after a couple months...and there's a good chance I'd be a bearded lady if I didn't--I even get a mustache and chin hair at the ripe old age of 37.