Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 07-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Pathfinder

Hey there!

I was reading through this a bit and have some general health related ideas that might help a little bit. As you are working on the spiritual side of it already.
No miracles, just a little bit of support for the body to heal.
I have not suffered from addiction, but my mother has, and I do have troubles myself with stress and depression sometimes.
We both feel that the following things have helped us, so maybe it helps you too! Its worth a try, they are all pretty save things.

When you are suffering from addiction, or have suffered from addiction, the changes are high that your body is strained and tired.
Often the body is depleted from essential vitamins, minerals, which can cause anxiety, stress, lack of focus, tiredness, depression etc.
The chemistry of the body has to be in balance if you want to feel strong.

I do not know enough about the bodies chemistry to know exactly what you will need but things that can help anyone with a drained body are:

- Omega 3 fatty acids
People that do not get enough of this, can actually suffer from depression and anxiety because of it. These fatty acids are known for being good for the heart, but actually they are equally as important for the brains health.
For me personally it helps a lot, I can easily notice a difference in how I emotionally feel, when I take them.
Do not take omega 6 by the way, we already have enough of this in our diet, and taking more only causes dis-balance. So only Omega 3.

- Amino acids
Amino acids are important for loads of body processes and lots of them are very related to how you feel emotionally.
Tyrosine for example is used by the body to make dopamine, dopamine is needed for feeling motivated, focused etc. A lack of it can make life difficult. Drugs can cause a depletion of dopamine, so would think that supplementing the body with Tytosine might help.
Tryptophan is used by the body to make serotonin, serotonin is something that depressed people often lack. Having enough of it means you feel naturally relaxed and taking it in the evenings might make you sleep better. (taking it in the evenings is best I think)
Lycine is said to help with reducing anxiety. (little side note, its also very help-full when you have cold sores sometimes)

You can buy amino acids everywhere. They are just supplements. There are much more of them, but I only know these two enough to talk about it. These two are awesome for me, so I hope it helps for others as well.

One thing to know though is that Tryptophan should not be taken together with anti depressants. Anti depressants already fiddle with you serotonine levels. Too much serotonin is not good for you. It could still be ok to take a supplement of tryptophan, but first ask you doctor to know for sure.
If you do not take any anti-depressants it is ok to just take the supplements.

- Magnesium
Magnesium can help with reducing stress
Often you can buy it in tablets in which they also put zinc and calcium. Which is very good, they compliment each other.
Zinc is very good also for your immune system. And calcium is obvious.

- Vitamin D
Is so incredibly important to feel well. A lack of it can make people lose motivation, can make them down, tired etc. The best type is the one that comes from direct sunlight, it works fast.
But supplements are fine as well, especially on dark days.

- Green tea
It sounds weird, but really. Green tea can reduce depression in people. There have been loads of studies about it and they show it is true. I am not sure why, but it can definitely help.
To make the effect of green tea even stronger, put a little bit of lemon juice in it. If you do not like the sourness, just use honey to make it tasty.

---------
If there is anyone that has suffered from alcohol addiction, then its very advisable to take B vitamins. All of them are good, a lack of specific ones (a lack often caused by alcoholism) serious inability to concentrate, and a decrease in awareness. When its really bad it can cause Korsakoff syndrome, which is something that no-one wants to go through.
My mother was addicted to alcohol for a long time and vitamine B is so important for her, some B vitamins can also reduce the cravings for alcohol.
-----------

Big hugs and good luck wishes! I really believe that the things above can help, so I hope you will be able to give it a try. And then give the body time to heal, its thrown out of balance quite bad so that needs to restore itself.
The good news is that when given the right building blocks, the body is awesome and strong, and able to heal itself. Just have faith in that and give the body what it needs to work on it.
Old 17-12-2015, 04:43 AM
Ljdunham

Its you who is in control...

Hello new here and found something I can relate to. Not sure if your still seeking advice or perspective for your issue but like to share my thoughts. I have been deeply influenced by drug addiction as the bad that surrounds it. My own healing began of realization of the situation and aspects what causes it. Feeling the bad also on a spiritual level gives the process of healing an extra dimension which can be used together with the physical for good. At the very first your surrounding, where you live who you meet and how you feel in these will effect your way of thinking of things. Second your own actions, intentions and will power are very important. Think it this way, if you accept your good in you as a part of your life and truely believe in it, you start acting like it. Third nutrition and physical health. These things make you potentially more positive and energic to overcome any drawbacks and enpower your will to do so. These things all together will put you in advantage of any dark, bad energies, spirits and entities, that will be fed from bad surroundings, negative thoughts and feelings. Physical health means treating your spirits, (higher self) vessel with honor the balance in these will guide you to the right path.

I can say that nowadays I feel joy in overcomming the addiction as I truely feel and think about it very differently and that is my power. Also it has become so strong that I feel no negativeness can affect me to the point I would start feeling it myself. Wish you all the best on your journey with the ups and downs to get you where you want to be.
Old 19-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Ascender
I've seen reports of ayahuasca, psilocybin mushrooms curing drug addiction.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Guide
so I know about something that has been extremely helpful in helping addicts who are ready to quite. Take some time to research "ibogaine". This is a medicine taken from a root of an African plant. It is similar to ayahuasca and other psycoactive plants, except this one has been used to successfully treat about 90% of addicts who wanted to quit. There are many testimonials online. It is usually administered by a doctor that oversees the process. It is supposed to be a very intense ride (multiple days). Apparently it brings out the deepest pains and actually rewires (resets) the brain channels where the addiction lies. I have been fairly successful in beating my addictions, and would definitely give this a try if I fell back into it.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 13-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsouth1111
I hope this is the right forum. But I want to come clean, esp as I progress through this spirituality I feel a need to COME clean and get this over with. 20 years ago I was a major drug addict--=which is how I died. I never knew I was an empath or anything about that. All I knew was I was extreme high anxiety ALL the time and could complete nothing due to it and was too embarassed (I was raised it as a sign of weakness) to admit it. So I missed a lot of great opportunities and was prescribed benzos (worst thing) that really helped me function. Only I fell too in love. I find now that is also a sign of a sensitive. I did go through a rehab program, cleaned up for 10 years, and things went downhill again. I'm not as bad as before, but I still get my benzos which I try to sparingly use, but once an addict always an addict. I'm hoping self reiki and reki from others will help. any other suggestions. I know this is holding me back from all I can be=---and I also know that the evil spirits who have taunted and wrecked my life are putting these thoughts in my head. I just can't live in this contant anxieity and I meditated for a long time, which helped. I need new ways to cope. I will be on Effexor for the rest of my life due to anxiety/panic disorder and borderline bipolar he says. but I know the meds are not good for my body.

Please if anyone can relate or give advice, I am open to receiving. This has been my skeleton I'm tired of living with and want to get rid of once and for all. (and interestingly enough it started back when I joined a paranormal group--of which now I've been warned to stay away bc I am like a beacon for spirits.

All comments honest, harsh, commpassionate are welcome! Thankyou in advance, this was hard to admit but it needed to be.
People use drugs to abuse themselves, to escape all the emotional baggage inside of themselves. The use of some drugs and awareness techniques can be very transforming. You must know the art of being there with whatever tension or pain you have in your body. If you know this art and you are using it with certain drugs, then it won't take long before you are afraid to take the drugs again. Because you'll be transforming your mind at a very fast rate. And your mind will be very afraid of what is happening. If you know any yoga the same as possible.
Needless to say in no way am I encouraging you to do this, as it is bad for your health and it is against the law.