Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Shiny

Om mani padme hum

I want to share an experience I had last summer. But I don't know where to put this.

Mountains surround my town and I really like to go for a walk with the nature.
Suddenly I started chanting Om mani padme hum and I did it over and over again. I felt how my stomach became more relaxed and opened up. I felt very good and I was so calm. I kept on walking and chanting. Sometimes I just stopped and looked at the river stream down the mountain. Everything just feels so in place. Everything seems so right.

But then I don't know how..I feel crazy when I say this. I suddenly heard voices in the atmosphere singing. They were singin Om mani padme hum. And I just knew somewhere else in the world other people where singing Om mani padme hum too. I felt so good. I felt like I wasn't alone and I was aligned with the universe. And then I felt this white energy surrounding me. It was like a protective shield. And I could feel energy around my forehead. I was so open and at peace.

Few months later I came upon an article about tibetans. The article said the tibetans chant Om mani padme hum everyday. I thought it make sense somehow.

I have always questioned this experience since then. At the same time I just try to accept it as an experience and nothing else. I'm just really curious.

If someone has experienced the same thing please tell me. Because sometimes when I think back I feel like a crazy person haha. But then again it felt so real and normal for me.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:59 PM
MMM

it immediately relaxes me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_lNuNUVd4

this is a better version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDUdT...eature=related
Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Master
There are no limits to what I can expereince and that is something beautiful that I have found...but then I tend to make something out of them and the beauty most surely quickly fades.

Your expereince was beautiful...........thank you for sharing it. I have a love for that particular chant..........maybe because I can actually pronounce it correctly....lol

Blessings, James
Old 11-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Humm

What a wonderful experience Shiny. Thank you for sharing!

What a wonderful transcendent experience through unitive consciousness. It definitely sounds like you were able to open spiritually, and your description fits perfectly the opening of the chakras including the key third eye chakra, which is your spiritual awareness. It all fits.

Namaste.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Experiencer

Om mani padme hum
is a very old "mantra" from Indian religeons of long ago.
The last time I was chanting it, I got a very strong instruction to not do it any more. The same with just "OM", I used to put it in my meditation practice, but was told not to.
It's too old. and seemingly inappropriate for this age.
My opinion is that you 'tuned' into an old thought form from someone else and vicariously felt their reaction., hence the good feelings, Nothing wrong with good feelings, just offering an example of my own experience.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Master
So, seeker. Did you replace it with a 'modern' chant or something? Did you 'ask' about something updated?