Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 15-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Guide
The lesson taught by the story is true. Even if it's a fable, the lesson is true. It is truth in the metaphorical sense. Whether or not there was a physical Adam and Eve, the lesson of the story is true. Sometimes people get lost in the physicality of things and miss the deeper meaning.

The truth of the story can vary amongst others through individual perception. Only the individual can know if the message is true, as truth is felt inside. Not understanding that truth is individual and metaphorical, leads to arguments and wars.

Metaphorical truth being completely independent of a physical fact.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 15-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Adam23

If two people see a different truth, with one contradicting the other, how can they both be right?
Old 15-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Guide
Your thinking in terms of physical fact. Truth (metaphorically) is different then fact. Give me an example and I'll explain.

Metaphorical truths are base on the individual so it's possible for someone to believe (believe is the driving force of truth) that Jesus is the son of God while someone else doesn't believe that. So it's a truth in Christianity that Jesus is the son of God, while it is not a truth in Judaism. It can not be fact whether or not Jesus is son of God, because it can not be proven fact in the physical scientific fact. Belief is the driving force of truths, and belief is within and has nothing to do with another person (unless thy share that truth). Belief has nothing to do with the physical sciences either (I think people run into conflict when they take religion as a physical science). After all, if it is a physical sense (ex. Gravity, kinetics, chemistry, thermodynamics, the world as we see it with our physical eyes), belief plays no role as these are facts. But if it relates to good and evil, emotions, spirituality, God, etc, it's all based on belief and belief gives rise to personal truths. Religion is nothing but beliefs to increase the spiritual sense, and anything that increases spiritual sense is a truth. I belief I can become more in contact with my spirit through certain practices which increases my spiritual sense so it is true to me that it works. Someone else may not beleive in the same approach and find the spiritual power in other ways, so my system is not true to them.

Have you ever listened to a song that makes sense deep within(maybe due to a past personal experience), and it kinda resonates deep down. That is also a truth.

Stay true to thy self, because only thy self knows

Side note: this idea is based on my personal spiritual belief and need not be true to someone else.
The child is grown
The dream is gone

Old 15-04-2015, 04:08 PM
madera23

Back seat,
I have one question for you.
Do you meditate?
And which one do you do?
You seem to see exactly as I.
madera
Old 15-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Guide
Yes. Lately not as much as I would like too. Did it daily when I first got into to it two years ago and truely changed my outlook on life. I do breathing meditation as it is the foundation, along with meditating on the chakras and my energy. I like to do eyes open meditation too, as well as closed. I like to get real deeply relaxed with a soft gaze and stare at a tree or something with intricate patterns and watch the patterns morph into images.
The child is grown
The dream is gone

Old 15-04-2015, 06:37 PM
madera23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
Yes. Lately not as much as I would like too. Did it daily when I first got into to it two years ago and truely changed my outlook on life. I do breathing meditation as it is the foundation, along with meditating on the chakras and my energy. I like to do eyes open meditation too, as well as closed. I like to get real deeply relaxed with a soft gaze and stare at a tree or something with intricate patterns and watch the patterns morph into images.

Hi
Although we see things alike we our practices differ.
.I do a Judeo Christian meditation .
It is in scripture, in psalms "be still and know that I am God"..
I know nothing about chakras or a third eye, Nothing I am attracted to. .
Madera

PS
I see our differences, you are looking for an outcome being staring at what is peaceful to the ego.
I simply love the truth, painful sometimes, but, it cleanses the soul of any darkness that may not be seen that eventually has an affect on the body and soul. They say the truth hurts so to them avoiding the truth to feel good is their answer. That is peace apart from God.
Old 15-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by madera23
Hi
Although we see things alike we our practices differ.
.I do a Judeo Christian meditation .
It is in scripture, in psalms "be still and know that I am God"..
I know nothing about chakras or a third eye, Nothing I am attracted to. .
Madera

PS
I see our differences, you are looking for an outcome being staring at what is peaceful to the ego.
I simply love the truth, painful sometimes, but, it cleanses the soul of any darkness that may not be seen that eventually has an affect on the body and soul. They say the truth hurts so to them avoiding the truth to feel good is their answer. That is peace apart from God.

Not so much of looking for an outcome, as it is more of a letting go. It's very peaceful in a completely relaxed state with a relaxed body/mind which makes connection to God more powerful.. Like scripture says "be still and know that I am God", which couldn't be more of a truth to me. Stress is the anti connection to God. My vision tends to alter when I reach a certain relaxation with open eyes (or closed eyes) which is why enjoy observing it (more of a entertainment side of meditation), but the main purpose is feeling the connectedness in the meditative state.

How do you do you're meditation?
The child is grown
The dream is gone

Old 15-04-2015, 09:15 PM
madera23

Quote:
Not so much of looking for an outcome, as it is more of a letting go. It's very peaceful in a completely relaxed state with a relaxed body/mind which makes connection to God more powerful.. Like scripture says "be still and know that I am God", which couldn't be more of a truth to me. Stress is the anti connection to God. My vision tends to alter when I reach a certain relaxation with open eyes (or closed eyes) which is why enjoy observing it (more of a entertainment side of meditation), but the main purpose is feeling the connectedness in the meditative state.

How do you do you're meditation?

this is the true meditation of be still and know.
it is used by soldiers coming back with stress and anxiety and ocd.
the veteran association is interested in it also.
go to Antidoteforall.com
it will lead you to all truth, especially about our failings and heal them.

it is a 7 minuet meditation and it is free.
If you have a hunger for truth,it will work for you, if all you desire is
something to feed the ego, it will not.

I know where you are coming from, please give it a try.
Old 15-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Suspended

Quote:
If two people see a different truth, with one contradicting the other, how can they both be right?

They both have part of the Truth, but it's not the Full Truth. So, they're both partially right. lt's like two blind men describing an elephant by one touching it's leg and one touching it's trunk. They both think that the part they touch is the whole Truth, but in reality, it's just two pieces of the jigsaw..
Old 16-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Adam23

Quote:
Your thinking in terms of physical fact. Truth (metaphorically) is different then fact. Give me an example and I'll explain.

Metaphorical truths are base on the individual so it's possible for someone to believe (believe is the driving force of truth) that Jesus is the son of God while someone else doesn't believe that. So it's a truth in Christianity that Jesus is the son of God, while it is not a truth in Judaism. It can not be fact whether or not Jesus is son of God, because it can not be proven fact in the physical scientific fact. Belief is the driving force of truths, and belief is within and has nothing to do with another person (unless thy share that truth). Belief has nothing to do with the physical sciences either (I think people run into conflict when they take religion as a physical science). After all, if it is a physical sense (ex. Gravity, kinetics, chemistry, thermodynamics, the world as we see it with our physical eyes), belief plays no role as these are facts. But if it relates to good and evil, emotions, spirituality, God, etc, it's all based on belief and belief gives rise to personal truths. Religion is nothing but beliefs to increase the spiritual sense, and anything that increases spiritual sense is a truth. I belief I can become more in contact with my spirit through certain practices which increases my spiritual sense so it is true to me that it works. Someone else may not beleive in the same approach and find the spiritual power in other ways, so my system is not true to them.

Have you ever listened to a song that makes sense deep within(maybe due to a past personal experience), and it kinda resonates deep down. That is also a truth.

Stay true to thy self, because only thy self knows

Side note: this idea is based on my personal spiritual belief and need not be true to someone else.

I very much like the idea of truth =/= fact. It makes sense on so many ways. Thank you for that.

One thing I wonder tough, do you consider God/Higher Power/Creator to be a fact, just not yet proven, or a truth?