Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 18-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer
... but, I knew it was real.

Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-07-2011, 06:47 PM
angel6m2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
This also sounds a lot like what some people see when they are astral traveling. Some travel through "starry tunnels". It seems to me when people are sick they are more likely to have conscious astral travels or OBE's.

This "starry tunnel" happens to me before I go to sleep sometimes. I love when it happens because when it does I always sleep well and have good dreams. I haven't astral projected before (I think), but it's pretty awesome when it happens.

When this happens to me I usually don't feel pulled into it though, more like pulled away and into the universe, like I'm backing out of this world and out of the galaxy and out of the universe to where I can just see everything swirling and all the lights and stars shining so colorful. It's beautiful. Then I pass out completely and start dreaming.
Old 19-07-2011, 12:50 AM
GregoryScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer
I've seen that tunnel, GregoryScott. I woke up in it with my conscious self moving at an incredible speed toward a pinpoint of light that grew in size the closer I got to it. The tunnel was huge and seemed to be horizontal with "stuff" whirling around the inside perimeter of it. I felt free and elated while racing along until someone put the thought in my mind, "If you go into the light, you will not return". With that, I was instantly back in my body, back in my room as if nothing had happend. I had no idea what I had just experienced but, I knew it was real.

A few years after, when I was watching a talk show, a doctor named Elizabeth Kubler Ross was talking about her book on death and dying and "tunnels" and that's when I found out what the tunnel was. I remember gulping a little as I listened.

Oh .. and it only got scary after the thought was put into my mind about entering the light.

I also remember feeling the fear if I reached the destination of this light that it would put an end to this life. I had NO idea as to what was happening; one minute I was standing in my bathroom, somewhat conscious and the next thing I know I look into the mirror and this tunnel appears out of nowhere. I can still see the entire scene as if it just happened; this tunnel seemed alive, like a living entity. I’m curious, when you experienced this occurrence, did you get the impression the outer part of the tunnel was heaving in and out, like it was breathing? That’s what in meant when I said it seemed alive to me. And what looked like lightning pulsating and firing around the outer walls of the tunnel made if feel even more so. One thing I’ll never forget, the light at the end of the tunnel was one of the most beautiful things I’d ever witnessed; there are no words.

Thank you for shearing this; something in me knew this was a real experience.

Greg
Old 21-07-2011, 07:05 PM
OldTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryScott
I also remember feeling the fear if I reached the destination of this light that it would put an end to this life. I had NO idea as to what was happening; one minute I was standing in my bathroom, somewhat conscious and the next thing I know I look into the mirror and this tunnel appears out of nowhere. I can still see the entire scene as if it just happened; this tunnel seemed alive, like a living entity. I’m curious, when you experienced this occurrence, did you get the impression the outer part of the tunnel was heaving in and out, like it was breathing? That’s what in meant when I said it seemed alive to me. And what looked like lightning pulsating and firing around the outer walls of the tunnel made if feel even more so. One thing I’ll never forget, the light at the end of the tunnel was one of the most beautiful things I’d ever witnessed; there are no words.

Thank you for shearing this; something in me knew this was a real experience.

Greg
I was inside the tunnel and could not see the outer part of it. As I traveled through what seemed the center of it, the inner-wall was whirling so fast I couldn't make out what the "stuff" was that was in this inner wall. I felt as if the stuff was other travelers ?? The light was .... I don't have the words for that. It was a heavenly, living light and these words aren't enough to explain it. The light was the stuff of all life. I could have bathed in it.
Yes. You had a real experience
Old 21-07-2011, 08:42 PM
OldTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Miss Hepburn
The Knowing...
Old 18-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Seeker

That's an amazing experience
Old 18-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Scottmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryScott
I’m not sure if this is the correct forum to post this. I’m still not sure what it was…

When I was 17 I had tonsillitis, strep throat and the flu all at the same time. I remember getting up from the couch about 2 or 3 in the morning. Went to the restroom and after I was finished I turned to look in the mirror to see how bad I looked; but the mirror wasn’t there. A tunnel opened up directly in front of me; pulsating, alive. It looked like lightning or a kind of white energy interwoven around the outer edges of a black tunnel. In the center of this thing was a pinpoint of white light; which became extremely dominate within a fraction of a second. Then I felt a rushing sensation as if I was being forced through the tunnel at a great speed. I was scared out of my mind and all I could do was close my eyes and shake my head to try and get rid of it. But when I close my eyes it was still there. I fell up against the china cabinet we kept our towels in; still shaking my head. Finally the image faded and I made my way back to the couch not able to see a thing. I sat there for I know a good 20 minutes until my eyesight returned.

You know, I never really thought about it for many years, I just blew it off as a hallucination. But now I’m not so sure. I can still see the image as if it just happened.

Any input would be appreciated.
Greg
It was a hallucination. It was also physically inside your head. You can tell that because you closed your eyes and it was still there.

Non of this means you are crazy, just that you saw something that did not use your bodies eyes. You might even find it was connected to the illness you had. As soon as the illness goes away, so too does the hallucination or vice versa.

Many people can not tell the difference between the body and themselves. So when something like this happens, they think it has something to do with the brain, no not at all. You just simply stopped using the body to see and projected your own image of something that was troubling you. Should you ever see that again, you will probably get sick again or already be sick. The harder and more real it looks, the sicker you will become.
Old 18-09-2011, 07:57 AM
mattie

Dimensional Experience

It is understandable that a spontaneous experience such as this would be startling. Heck, it is often startling even when we are trying to have them. I bet it was frightening while you were waiting for your eyesight to normalize.

I don’t think it was a hallucination. It was likely a dimensional conduit or portal. You probably accessed it because you had been asleep awakening when you were still in a theta state. You were fully in the moment focusing on your self more than you usually would given your illnesses so these 2 things probably meshed to give you access to something you normally don’t access. Theta is like a very advanced meditation state. We access it twice when sleeping & can connect w/ other Ds very easily when in it.

When I was in a big energy growth period I told my spiritual team that it was OK to push my experiences a bit past my comfort level so long as they were safe for my physical & nonphysical body as I was eager to proceed w/ these. One night I recalled the experience of returning back to Earth through a tunnel very similar to what you describe. What I saw was a semi-opaque white flexible ‘tube’ that I perceived as being light, but w/ a definite structure to it that was some sort of portal. I didn’t see the pinpoint of white light in the center, but I probably wouldn’t have as I was not in a position to do so. I was laying down on my back, legs together, w/ my hands folded on my stomach hurdling through this tube that wasn’t much bigger than me feet first at an extremely high speed. It was comfortable. I could see through the white light tube to multiple pretty galaxies in the distance as I zoomed by. I perceived that it was some sort of dimensional travel. I remember thinking, WOW, that was REALLY zippy!

Theta images can have the ability to remain w/ us long after even the most vivid dream image or transitory hallucination would have likely faded as they are real experiences.
Old 18-09-2011, 09:11 AM
GregoryScott

Thank you to everyone who responding to this post.

I’m going to be honest. After it happened I just explained it away as a hallucination; end of story. It all changed at the age 21 when I started meditating. Truthfully when I began my meditation practice, it was for health reasons alone. Yes, I had read about some of the spiritual experiences that can occur during this practice; but my rational mind never really believed them. But I’ll tell you what, the first time you’re standing there and you see your body lying on the bed knowing you are 100 percent conscious; it really forces you to change your mind; and I mean quick!

And Mattie, it did; it scared me like you wouldn’t believe. I understand what you’re saying about being in a Theta state; and have had many experiences to understand that’s probably how it happened. And as Scottmana said, my sickness must have triggered this experience to occur. But why; I still don’t know…

I gotta say Mattie, you’re much braver than I am. During my experiences I’ve always stayed close to home, or as you said, I had always stayed within my comfort zones. Of course I regret this now.

WOW is right! This tunnel you saw; well, what do you think it was? Do you think you were at a vast distance from Earth; or perhaps a portal to another dimension? That’s curious… Is it possible the soul itself has to travel this way to reach a far off destination??? I sort of understand the transition for the soul as if severs ties with the physical body, and how it has to travel from this dimension to the next via tunnel/portal. Okay, maybe I don’t understand it completely, but have read enough about it to know that this is what occurs; just curious what you think.

Greg
Old 18-09-2011, 10:37 AM
mattie

Natural Fear About Unknown Experience

It would have scared me too to the max if I lost my vision for 20 minutes. This loss of vision would scare me seriously right now even if it was connected w/ another energetic experience that I wasn’t fearful of, so don’t criticize your self for this throwing you. I would have also thought it was a hallucination & wondered what the #@%~ had just happened.

LOL about the seeing your self w/ an OBE. Yep, that can really change your view about that. You KNOW it is a real experience. Nothing like that first hand been there, done that!!! I had a distinct spontaneous OBE when I was a teenager, seeing myself & the other person in the room as if I was right at the ceiling watching it all, but not seeing any body that was seeing it. As it was in the context of, umm, doing very some late 1960s type of partying, I thought the OBE was just a random effect of that. Years later I learned about OBEs & APing!

I used to worry about all sorts of stuff APing like it being problematic coming down into a power line or trees. LOL. Not a concern.

I wouldn’t say I was/am particularly brave. More like just curious. Any perceived bravery is just my belief that during such an adventure I can’t be hurt. Whether this is correct or not I don’t know, but this belief allows me to have an experience like this w/o fear. I’m very visually oriented, so the visual aspect of it is fascinating & appreciated as great eye candy. I would have been willing to have spent all night zooming around looking at the galaxies through that tube.

Don’t beat your self up about coudda, shoudda, etc. Anything that you didn’t experience is still a door ready to be opened. We should only proceed w/ what is our comfort level.

I really don’t know what the tunnel was. It seemed like some sort of energetic portal or wormhole. I got the impression it was some sort of dimensional travel, but I’m not sure. It could have been a visit to another galaxy or something. I did get the impression that it was a vast distance from Earth whatever kind of travel it was as it seemed that I saw several distant galaxies through the tube. I was more curious about where I had been than the journey back though! LOL. Of course, the lesson in that experience could have been the journey, not the destination. I really don’t spend allot of time thinking about it other than having a fond partial memory of a fun little excursion.

As we expand our awareness we have all types of abilities unfold. One of these is remembering our nocturnal journeys. I have, as do many others, snippets of these come through in conscious recollection. We will progressively remember more of them. As I’m visually oriented what comes through as a gateway ability for me is often the visual stuff. For those who are oriented to be telepathic, their gateway is probably more telepathic.

We are just beginning to scratch the surface about Universal energies & how they operate. It is likely that our scientists will learn, if they haven’t already done so that there are energetic portals that can be utilized. They may have already passed this threshold, but the information is still classified. There are various ancient legends where they talk about energy portals where people came & went. I think I recall one such legend being in the US SW.