Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 02-08-2014, 05:20 PM
AnnaP

how to start liking excsersize

does anyone have tips to help me to like excersize?
Old 02-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator
Do you like Nature? Going for walks (not necessarily alone but with a partner or friends) out in a woods, or in fields? If it feels safe, why not even walk alone?
What is there NOT to like? The smell of the earth, the dappled light under the trees, bird song......comfortable shoes on and just WALK! Even an hour a day will make such a difference to your well-being generally.
If it's hot where you live or a built-up area, why not drive out somewhere to a natural environment? Somewhere there's shade. Even busy cities usually have parks, or with a short drive you are out of town.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaP
does anyone have tips to help me to like excersize?

To have asked the question must mean that you have some goals (the Why part of your saying that you see a need for exercising).

Maybe make a pros & cons list?

Old 04-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Suspended
Pick something that you think is fun & make a hobby out of it.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Experiencer

Experiment until you find something you like, if you want an active workout then gym classes are a good place to start - there are plenty of different workouts to try. If you're drawn to lower impact exercise try swimming, yoga or pilates. For a sociable and varied workout look for a local bootcamp or circuit class. Cycling and walking are good options too! Do weights interest you? Get into a bodypump or kettlebell class. Think about what you enjoy or benefit from day-to-day and work from there, think about what kind of body you want to achieve.
Old 15-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Lorelyen

Do you like yourself? Do you think you have some level of sensuous energy?

....DANCE!

It isn't just exercise, it's sensual self-expression!
Old 17-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Master
if you don't enjoy the exercise; feel revived by it, not worn out and needing recovery, then don't do it. i think your problem is that you probably have a tired body and are doing some kind of explosive aerobic exercise to whip into shape. aerobic type exercise, though necessary in some degree, doesn't necessarily return intelligence to your body...an intelligent body feels great. tai chi will leave you feeling better afterwards...as exercise should. for explosive exercise have veg patch and/or walk up hills where theres a view and fresh air...sorted.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 17-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
for explosive exercise have veg patch and/or walk up hills where theres a view and fresh air...sorted.

I couldn't agree more. I hear people going on about going to the gym. Why? They boast about how much weight they can lift on the bench press, but they push that weight up, then put it down again. Absolutely nothing achieved except tiredness.

You do the garden or walk in the woods, and it doesn't even feel like effort because you're enjoying yourself and doing what the body is built to do. It would be sad to think that millions of years of evolution has led us to some indoor mechanical apparatus. It would be nice to think that after millions of years of evolution, we can still appreciate nature and enjoy the things we were built to enjoy.
Old 18-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Find something you enjoy. Don't over do it but be consistent. Perhaps if you still don't like it with persistence you will. Even going for a walk is wonderful exercise. If you want to hit your lungs hard a short run. No need for a gym unless your trying to develop major muscle mass.

Parking far away works wonders IMO. Five minutes of jump rope. What ever it is being consistent is what matters. If you enjoy pushing yourself do it. If not don't.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 18-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Wise advice from everyone! Enjoy yourself outside.

But for goodness sake don't shift logs that are too big. I just hurt my back....BAD! LOL!