Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 01-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Experiencer
Question Working with the throat chakra

Any ideas how to do it?

Another question:
what has it to do with feelings? I thought thats the heart chakra.

Thanks

Flora

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 01-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Master
THROAT chakra has to do with speaking your truth and not being afraid to do so. It is bright blue. It is more speaking your truth whereas heart chakra is about love.
Spiritlite
Old 01-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Master
Speaking from the heart?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Master
I'd say feelings are very much to do with the throat chakra (as well as the heart chakra). If the throat is shut down and you feel unworthy to say what you'd like to, or you feel it doesn't matter, etc - that affects a person in a big way. The same goes for the opposite - if it's too open a person could go around all the time blah blah blah speaking when it's not appropriate and revealing too much of themselves.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Experiencer
Ok, I know its about communication and speaking your mind but when there is a problem in this area you cant...

HOW can I "learn" it, how do I work on it?

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 01-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Master

I just read about this today!

The throat chakra has a connection w/ the sacral chakra and sacral chakra is about... feelings! I'm cracking open the book again to give you a summation. The second chakra is related to the control of emotions which ties into the digestive system and the thyroid gland. People who feel emotionally empty will eat and often a sluggish thyroid gland will result in becoming overweight.

Huh, that was all I could find. I thought the book had more to say about it. The book is "Amethyst Light" by Djwhal Khul channeled through Violet Starre.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:18 PM
DulcePoetica

I'm no expert, but I have had good luck with visualizing my own energy as a vertical column of light, creating the colors of the chakras in progression.

During meditation, I imagine this light-energy travels with, and is directed by my breath.

When I inhale, the light comes into me at infinite speed, and turns bright white as it races through my entire body, intensifying.

When I exhale, I think of the area I want to work on, contemplate the purpose of the chakra as it relates to my life.

I breathe into the area and envision my energy slowing down as it passes through the chakra and glowing warm and brightly the associated color.

This, in my experience, creates a warming that opens the chakra and encourages balance.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Any ideas how to do it?

Another question:
what has it to do with feelings? I thought thats the heart chakra.

Thanks

Flora

Throat chakra related to your feelings when you are unable to speak your feelings. When your needs are put off because you are afraid to speak up, and end up just going along with the group. This then caused your feelings to go unchecked and unresolved which then correlated with your solar plexus. Your place of feeling your emotions. Your feelings themselves I would say originate in your sacral/solar plexus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Ok, I know its about communication and speaking your mind but when there is a problem in this area you cant...

HOW can I "learn" it, how do I work on it

When one is unable to speak their mind there is usually a reason for it. Such as either being shy, or not feeling they are worthy or good enough to speak. So they shut themselves down. A lot of the time it's becuase they were shut down from an outside source. As calling them stupid, or making them feel bad in some way or form. Most times this shutting down comes from loved ones.. or something that happened when they were young. In school or around friends.

The best exercise to combat that is practicing self love. Being strong in your own self, and in your own voice. And knowing that you deserve to be heard, and your words/opinion are as valid as the next person.

Then from there you can start small with talking to a friend, or co worker about something that you are feeling. And then branch it out from there.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:56 PM
MYFIGO

Speaking your truth ...

There were some very good answers posted here. For my own experience ... speaking my truth was easy to recognize. It was that thought that kept popping into my mind when it was all over. It was that "I wish I would have said." thing.

It may take awhile for you to be able to speak that thought out loud, but the fact that you are intent on doing so will enable it to happen. It's not an argument, in fact, I usually state it very quietly. The response has been amazing. People have shown more respect for me and I noticed an immediate change in my throat chakra.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Experiencer
Thank you, you're great :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
I just read about this today!
That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
This, in my experience, creates a warming that opens the chakra and encourages balance.
Sounds really nice, I'll try it.

@innerlight:
You mention shyness. I always thought that it's the result of something and not really the reason why you behave the way you do.

I realize that there are a lot of reasons I sometimes just don't like to talk to someone and sometimes I just cant find the right words to say something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Then from there you can start small with talking to a friend, or co worker about something that you are feeling. And then branch it out from there.
I as good as never do things like that. Its hard to explain but most of the time I dont like to share what I think or what I do REALLY think. It's easy to talk about common things that don't touch you in any way but talking about the things that really matter is difficult. There are just a few people I can talk to about these, and sometimes I don't even want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
There were some very good answers posted here. For my own experience ... speaking my truth was easy to recognize. It was that thought that kept popping into my mind when it was all over. It was that "I wish I would have said." thing.

It may take awhile for you to be able to speak that thought out loud, but the fact that you are intent on doing so will enable it to happen. It's not an argument, in fact, I usually state it very quietly. The response has been amazing. People have shown more respect for me and I noticed an immediate change in my throat chakra.
Youre right but its very hard to change when you're used not to speak your mind most of the time.

Flora

-

E. A. Poe​