Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 11-06-2015, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
I just wanted to pop in and suggest having a salt bath to clear yourself of all that negative energy being thrown at you right now

Crystalsong - The lighter and lighter fluid metaphor was perfect. It's exactly what I went through as well. I always thought of it as I was Alice and he was the White Rabbit. He disappeared down the rabbit hole and I chased him only to discover an entirely new world. But he was the one who led me on that path.

Yes Awakened Queen! LOL
Alice and the White Rabbit and the Rabbit Hole!
I had that metaphor too for a while. It's a whole 'nother world when you go into the Labyrinths of the Rabbit Hole. And once in we don't come out again, and that's Just Fine! LOL

Barnacle, you've lost nothing in hurting so much over this, no damage is done on the most important levels, it's all just giving you a jump start on clawing through the Egoic Persona.

It's a great time to study your mind, watch how it squirms and withers in despair, believing it has lost something, always turning the attention back to the lighter and telling its self "Poor Me' stories.
You can do this, actually watch your mind as an Observer and just note what it does and how it is inflicting pain upon itself.

It's fascinating to watch and fascinating to discover that there is something in you which can watch this, which is not the Thinker, but the Observer of the passing thoughts.
When that sinks in, that if you WERE the thinking mind you wouldn't be able to watch it because you would be the one thinking the thoughts, then you'll be ready for more revelations about the nature of what you really are, because you have made room for it by discovering you aren't the personality and mental thinking that you had always thought you were.

Fun times ahead for you! Welcome to the Rabbit Hole - there's a fine steak feast waiting for you!
Old 12-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Experiencer

I notice that I only seem to catch it in retrospect, like a half a second after it thinks the thought. If I think of the lighter, this sadness comes up faster than I can spot it, when I do spot it, it dissolves but I'm not quick enough to watch it AS it happens. The lighter is still helping me immensely, if I think about her, this pain in my heart comes up and it strips me from any attachment to anything other than awakening now. I'm also crying tears of gratitude when I think about what the lighter has done for me, I could have never got here without that help. The temporary enlightenment was so profound, theres no turning back, now I KNOW whats on the other side. What the ego tries to obscure. I just don't know how to overcome it yet. What I mean is I don't yet know how to maintain a complete detachment from any desire to remain identified with the ego. Yesterday was good, my best day so far, I detached a lot and a great peace came over me, but when I woke up this morning, I was feeling nervous but the pressure to disidentify from it all wasn't as strong. I'll keep praying. I've had preparation for this, synchronicity and spiritual experiences over the years, I've been shown so much about the ego, I hope this gives me a head start because I can't exist in this egoic state anymore, there is nothing left but to reestablish my connection to God.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Experiencer

In addition to meditation, are there any things I can do to accelerate this? Some invisible forces have been preparing me for many years now, there has been synchronicity everywhere since I met this girl a couple of months ago. The numbers 33 and 333 everywhere, which is what I saw during my first sleep deprivation induced psychotic episode in which all kinds of mechanisms of the ego were revealed to me. I can't bare to exist like this anymore, I can't attach myself to the illusion of time in a futile attempt to escape this. Today I was crying tears of gratitude for about an hour today because I was getting this feeling like I am finally coming through, the tiny glimpses of unity I was getting flooded me with tears. Thats a good sign I take it, but my state of consciousness lowered again as the ego crept back in. Should I make it a 24/7 practice to just keep observing the mind? I'm not sure if I've attained the awareness that my consciousness is separate from the mind yet. So far, I've only been able to notice the thoughts right after they start, not actually watch them happen automatically by themselves.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Master
It does take time and practice Barnacle, I was surprised at how hard it was also. But the pain itself became my motivator because I so very much wanted to stop feeling the pain. In a way now the pain may become your teacher by teaching you how to deal with it.

There was a book I read call Dune by Frank Herbert which had a lot of useful saying in it by a spiritual tradition called the Bene Gessit. Which was a powerful order of women Priestesses. They used the Litany Against Fear to calm their mind and re-center themselves.
I memories this as a teenager and chanting it as a litany helped me during the awakening when waves of loss and mourning would crash over me.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

There is another technique I was taught by a Bodhi which helped me to stay in the Present moment and not stray as much into the woes of the thinking mind. It has 3 parts - all 3 must be done.
He called it Noticing. And I had to do this every minute during the worst of what I went through, I still do it to this day to shift from the Thinker to Observer mode.
While it was hard to get going on it initially as it was alien to me, much like the Bene Gessit Litany against Fear I now find it a highly useful technique for changing my reaction to an environment situation that I can not change.

1: Stop and Notice.
Say to your self I notice ... (name something around you or inside you) ie, I notice that the birds are singing and it's beautiful. Or I notice my brains is trying to eat itself again with it's many fears. Or I notice I have tension in my jaw, or I notice that truck going by and it has a leaking muffler and the timing is off or I notice the sun sparking on those leaves is very pleasing".

2:Then Notice that you've noticed it.
"I notice that I have noticed the birds singing (or whatever)."

3: Congratulate yourself of Noticing.
"Well done Self! You've arrived back in the moment of Now!"

You've now just spent roughly 5-6 second into he moment of Now.
Seems simple enough yes? But it might be a little tough to keep doing it because the thinking mind doesn't like the moment of Now.
It likes to think in the future or the past or about things which never happened or never will happen. The thinking mind or ego actually live in a made up world, a world it designs which has little relation to actual reality.

As you study your mind you will notice this, it tears off on tangents of imagination which will most likely never actually happen, are a changed version of something that did happen and so on. It's almost impossible for the thinking mind to be in this exact moment of Now.

This Noticing exercise begins to re-train the brain that it's thinking can be stopped at any given time and the Observer can take over.
Sort of like a dog who just wants to run around and chew on things and bark and resists training initially, so it is likely your brain will resist being trained and do everything it can to stop you.
Notice thoughts like "This is stupid, I'm getting nothing out of this" Caught them "I notice what you did there brain"
"And I Notice that I noticed it.
"Good job Barnacle! You just brought this whole inner discourse back to the moment of Now."

I remember this one morning after practicing this technique for hours every day when I woke up and my brain started to make some comment like "Oh slept well" and just suddenly stopped in the middle of the word 'slept' and seemed to look around for permission to speak!
I totally cracked up laughing! It was a pivotal moment for me when it sank in that it was working and for the first time the brain was actually starting to realize it wasn't running the show and something else was in charge.

To this day when it tries to dive into negative thoughts and perseverating I'll just start Noticing again and after 10 minutes of this it gives up and changes gears to a more pleasant subject. Sometimes just the thought of doing Noticing will make it change gears. lol
Sort of like telling a dog who's begging that if it keeps it up your going to point to its bed and tell it to go lay down, knowing what's going to happen it decides on its own to stop doing the offending behavior.

The Noticing will also help you to quickly establish the Observer and give you more space between objectively seeing the thoughts and then being pulled into the illusion of being the one thinking the thoughts and all the associated emotions and thoughts of the egoic mind and its pain and suffering.

The Observer once firmly established becomes a Gateway state between you and your Higher Self and is the begging of some pretty amazing stuff which can unfold. It's like a switch from corporal world to the multi-dimensions and with practice and training you can use this gateway state to launch your consciousness out of your body and into those other worlds which exist super-imposed over this dimension and separated from us only by frequency. In time you'll learn how to raise and adjust your frequency to access these realms.
So not only will this Noticing (and do it 10000 times a day if you need too) spare you from some of the more morbid flights of fancy from the egoic mind but ultimately it is something which will open the gates of wonder for you.

Awakening Consciousness could be said to be tuning into the Subtle World. It is becoming aware of the subtle energies, the subtle frequency's and vibration, the subtle chemical shifts inside the body, being able to discern between your own thoughts and those of others interacting inside your field, being able to sense the subtle Higher Self, the Angels and Guides surrounding you energetically, being able to notice the Little People and Fairy Realms which exist with us but unseen until one learns how to see them, noticing the Chakras and what those energies move to you into he way of information and so on. There's a whole `nother level of life and existence which the thinking mind can not see/feel/sense or penetrate that will begin to unfold to you over time as you learn to control the very mind stopping you from perceiving what else is here and always has been.

It's not an over night Journey to be arrived at, it's going to take time and training just like learning to play a musical instrument, but with hours of daily practice and dedication You Will Achieve it

Be patient with yourself, give your self the time it takes, do not judge yourself or get impatient - it's a loving journey - love and nurture and encourage yourself there.
Your brain has been programmed over your entire lifetime, you won't be able to unprogram it in a mere few weeks or maybe even months.
Be Patient and diligent.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
LOL Sure. For You anything

PM me a specific question or line of inquiry though as Barnacle has.
Oh, a question?
I don't have any!!!
I really don't. Love you, sis.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Master
LOL Oh you are a Brat Dear Miss H

Would you believe I knew that? (that you didn't have a question)

You all ready know where to find the answer if you did by chance ever developed a question. lol I amused myself for a moment with trying to think up a question that you didn't already know how to get the answer for - it was a dry well.
Old 13-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Experiencer

You're giving me hope CrystalSong, I can't thank you enough for this. I'm feeling the pain so intensely right now. It gives me faith that you say this is all part of the awakening process. A Reiki master I saw the other day said the message she got from me (my higher self?) was "there is strength in calmness, believe". A wave of extreme calmness came over me when she put her hands over my crown chakra. The rest I had to find myself by detaching. I'll start those techniques you mentioned.
Old 14-06-2015, 12:55 AM
Master
This is excellent to hear Barnacle!
Glad I could be of service to you.
I suspect you're going to master that inner calm sooner than you think :)
Old 16-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Knower

A few months back a friend of mine was feeling really down, like the way your feeling,she described it like she has no feeling dumb no emotion didn't care about anything or anyone basically when she was at her worse she didn't want to be here.in the end I made her go the doctor he gave her pills which after a while she felt a little better" sometimes"but not much she went back to the doctor an he did a blood test and she was really really low in vitamin B12 which I didn't know but can cause a lot of symptoms of what she had,she now has injection's every few months of vitamin B12 plus her pills which the dosage has been reduced and she is her old self again. You might not need a psychic it could be something completely different and simple like my friend