Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 22-02-2015, 01:52 AM
CarryingEagle

Knights Templar

An Order of Knights (richer than kings) disappears from history with all their riches. Some say they fled to Scotland to fight in the revolution. Some say they came to America (pre Columbus). Some they they carried secret knowledge some say the carried the holy grail. What do u think the Templars found while excavating under Solomon's Temple? And what do u think happend to them?
Old 14-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Experiencer
Good evening CarryingEagle.

The descendants, or at least the Welsh side of the Templar family, still live in Wales. Ten or fifteen years ago, a group of them tried to reclaim an old Templar church that belonged to the local council. I think they were going to try the courts if their request failed.

I'm sure that many Templars' survived the disbandment of their order, especially in the more remote parts of Europe, like Scotland. If they were Scottish, and followed The Bruce, they'd probably have fought against the English.
Old 16-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Master

Well, disappeared and disappeared. The Knight Templars certainly were a rich and powerful order and for that reason the pope destroyed them, by arresting and burning the leaders alive on false charges of heresy and confiscating all their riches. The lower ranks ran off in a number of directions, either out of pope-controlled territories or joining other orders. This is what the history books say. Probably some of them managed to bring some riches with them, probably some small bands fought together under other flags for a while. It is entirely possible that some remnant of the orders lived on in secret cells for a generation or four, seeking to regain power and certainly to hide the survivors from the prying eyes of the pope's men. They would definitely have sought to hide any papers, scrolls or holy items still in their possession.
Old 20-04-2015, 11:14 PM
Experiencer

As far as I know The Knights Templar were disbanded and a new order was formed the 'Knights Hospitalier' which lasted until the 16th century..

A few miles from me is Cressing Temple Barns... A gift to the Knights Templar order by Queen Matilda in 1137. It was the largest estate in England given to the Knights. It is about 15 miles from me and is really quite a sight to see as it has the oldest, largest beautiful timbered barms and grain store in the world... It is also very active Spiritually.
Old 21-04-2015, 05:13 AM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
As far as I know The Knights Templar were disbanded and a new order was formed the 'Knights Hospitalier' which lasted until the 16th century...
The Knights Hospitaller (also known as the Order of the Knights of Saint John) were founded around 1020 to look after sick and poor pilgrims to the Holy Land, as their name implies.

The Knights Templar were founded 100 years later in 1120 and took their name from their headquarters on the Temple Mount.

Both orders were in existence at the same time.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Ascender
I helped move on a spirit who was once a knight from the era of the crusades.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Deactivated Account

The Knights Templar were not so noble. They were the commandos of the Church plundering the East and slaughtered thousands of the Islamic faith to acquire wealth and valuable artifacts and to expand Christendom. They are probably one reason there remains so much conflict and hatred between Islam and Christianity.
One need not be religious to be Spiritual. A Wizard commands power to influence probabilities, stands between worlds with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens, is in tune with the Infinite, knows truth and is at peace with self and the Universe.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Experiencer
Good afternoon Shekinah.

You are quiet right, of course. The Knights Templar were a blood-thirsty lot who probably did their fair share of murdering, raping and pillaging. I can say for sure that their modern brethren aren't quite as bad, though I did see a bunch of them involved in fight outside a pub in Swansea a few years ago.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiBach
Good afternoon Shekinah.

You are quiet right, of course. The Knights Templar were a blood-thirsty lot who probably did their fair share of murdering, raping and pillaging. I can say for sure that their modern brethren aren't quite as bad, though I did see a bunch of them involved in fight outside a pub in Swansea a few years ago.
Tis a good thing they be getting nicer. I suspect though that many current followers haven't been apprised of the total history. History as we read it has usually been adulterated. Namaste Sir DaiBach
One need not be religious to be Spiritual. A Wizard commands power to influence probabilities, stands between worlds with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens, is in tune with the Infinite, knows truth and is at peace with self and the Universe.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:50 PM
merlinonline

The KT went underground, literally!

Royston Cave is reputed to have been used by the KT, the Cave which is actually a Bell cavern, originally a bell shaped holy well built under the towns high street, has lots of religious carvings including one of St Catherine of Alexandria with her wheel. The Cave also has has a lot of Freemason artwork and the cave reputed to have been used for Freemason rituals, over time it was sealed up and forgotten about. Someone renovating their cellar found the entranced, cleared the rubble and rubbish and discovered the cave!

Two of the most important ley lines in the British Isles cross here.

Also down the road there is talk about two further as yet undiscovered bell shaped caverns, which may just be wells but may be just as important.

Today the KT is listed within the Masonic Hierarchy