Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 28-08-2012, 03:58 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninoushka
Meanwhile... the original poster vanished

Heehee I noticed that... this happens a lot among forums in general.. I've been playing in forums for the better part of 20 years and see this disappearing act as a normal part of the online experience. :^)

As to your reply in general.. I understand the point that you're making... indeed it's a good one... but what's blown me away this last couple of years of deep research into how our body is put together and operates is to the degree that the medical community has gotten off on a tangent. They've become all about a style of problem solving that's quite isolated to specifics, at the expense of our overall self. Take the term "side effects" for instance. There are no such thing as a "side effects"... it's only termed that way in order to draw our attention away from the damage being done by the way they're treating an issue. So instead of addressing the whole person, they're focused on "symptoms" and "specifics", cause that's where the monies to be made...

And they've gotten us in the habit of doing the same... we've been conditioned to view things in an isolated fashion in such a way that distracts from the overall context. To the point where a "side effect" is perceived as a nuisance, instead of the marker of the real damage that is currently being inflicted on our overall health...

By the time we're focused on the symptoms and the germs themselves, then we're personally already deep down the rabbit hole of a bodily system that's holistically out of tune...
Old 02-09-2012, 12:16 AM
kitsunewindchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
By the time we're focused on the symptoms and the germs themselves, then we're personally already deep down the rabbit hole of a bodily system that's holistically out of tune...

So true!

Sorry folks! This week has included a job change and a change of address...I'm a little out of sorts.

There is SO much good advice on this thread, I'm going to be busy looking up all these things, thank you so much for the input! :)

So, new job, moving, and relationship problems....is it possible that it could have happened out of sheer stress??
Old 02-09-2012, 06:57 AM
sesheta

So, new job, moving, and relationship problems....is it possible that it could have happened out of sheer stress??

Our body manifests stress in many physical ways...so yes, it's probably entirely possible!
Maybe once things calm down again - you've settled into your new job, your new place, and your relationship problems get solved (hopefully!) you may find the infection will clear up on its own....