Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 04-10-2010, 08:48 PM
TzuJanLi

Taiji (Tai Chi)

Greetings..

I am asked sometimes, "what is Taiji"?.. i understand it as a 'process', a process of learning to live in harmony with 'Life'.. It was originally a martial art, from which other wisdoms naturally flowed: meditation, QiGong, philosoply, healing, and self-realization.. Taiji is generally considered by its different styles to be an 'Internal Martial Art', meaning its effective components are based on the 'Internal' structure and energies of the practitioner.. i am past 20 years on this 'path', and it gets better every day..

Be well..
Old 06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Master
Hi Tzu
I was checking out your Tai Chi excercise videos (which are excellent by the way )The one in which you use a ball ... is that a regular medicine ball? I did some research on the net and there are a few different leads. I am having spinal surgery in November and I want to get into some gentle excercise which will strengthen my spine afterwards. I will still do the physio however I want to incorporate some Tai Chi at home and the ball (and plate) excercises look suitable and gentle enough. I attended a few classes a few years ago in the UK but apart from that I am new to it ... I am determined to heal completely and regain full mobility ... I will be doing backflips down the corridor in 8 weeks
Old 07-10-2010, 03:31 PM
zannierose

I am lucky to have a tai chi class quite close to where I live and can go every Friday morning. the teacher says we should do it daily to get benefit from it. I must confess I do not, but hope that once a week is better than no times a week!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:14 PM
taoistscholar

Tai chi is the ultimate "force" that governs the way things are. From emptiness comes the great cycle of duality, and the potential difference of the great duality is tai chi AKA the Grand, Ultimate, Supreme, etc. Force.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:53 PM
starfish

stand still be fit

here is a link to interesting exercises which were on tv here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y07FauHYlmg

Old 10-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Master
Well I have purchased myself a 1kg medicine ball and look forward to its arrival lol
I watched a little of the video on the link you provided starfish ty ... there is a wealth of info out there to go ahead with :)
Old 11-10-2010, 12:55 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Hi Sound: The ball used in the video is a 5.2 pound solid wooden ball.. i recommend beginning with a soccer ball if there are any health issues that concern you. I also recommend finding a reputable teacher to help, unfortunately 'reputable' teachers are not plentiful.. I had C5-6 and C6-7 fused this past April and am better than before the surgery.. now, i am teaching full-on Taiji classes including Tui Shou, Shui Jiao, Qin Na, and judging and refereeing at tournaments.. full recovery is very possible, the ball exercises (adjusting weight as needed) are excellent, as are the plate exercises.. i wish you well in your surgery and recovery, your beautiful spirit and delightful personality (as your posts reveal) should benefit you greatly..

Be well..
Old 11-10-2010, 01:04 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoistscholar
Tai chi is the ultimate "force" that governs the way things are. From emptiness comes the great cycle of duality, and the potential difference of the great duality is tai chi AKA the Grand, Ultimate, Supreme, etc. Force.
Hi taoistscholar: Thanks for sharing your understandings of Tai Chi, they are consistent with many of the popular interpretations.. i understand the 'force' to be 'Qi' (Chi), and Taiji (Tai Chi) to be a system of discipline, philosophy, training, forms, and study that reveals the 'principles' that govern the appropriate application of the 'force' in a healthy and peaceful Life..

Be well..
Old 11-10-2010, 01:09 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish
here is a link to interesting exercises which were on tv here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y07FauHYlmg

Hi Starfish: Zhan Zhuang is one of the forms/training i mentioned to taoistscholar.. i practice 20-40 minutes twice a day.. well, at least once a day, twice maybe 50% of the time.. brilliant in its simplicity..

Be well..
Old 11-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Master
Ahhh so it is a wooden ball you are using Tzu ... it looks wooden and I couldnt see any stitiching but I thought 'no way' lol oh well 1kg is probably enough for me to start with and if I drop it on my foot the cursing (and the bruising) wont be quite as heavy as a 5 LBer

I looked into the Tai Chi institute in the city where I live however the classes clash with my work roster ... I do understand the importance of sound instruction though and eventually I may be blessed with the opportunity to attend.
I am so inspired knowing you have had a similiar surgery and have healed so well ... that is my intention too .. thank you for your kind words and encouragment

Much gratitude x