Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 20-01-2011, 12:45 AM
NicolaRose3

Is there a certain age at which chakras develope?

This may seem like a stupid question, but I read in a book once (I think it was called the Pyschic Bible, and was just a brief introduction to all the different aspects of pyschic development like divination, guides, energy, chakras and healing) that chakras develope over a peroid of time.

I dont really understand what was meant by that, and I know there are many people and many children that have always had great pyschic abilities, so it seemed a bit strange to me. I think it said that you start of with the first 3 chakras, or that they develop at a very young age, and the rest open up through childhood. The Brow chakra at around 20 and finally the Crown chakra at around 25.

So I was just wondering if this is true (although I know there will possibly be many different opinions), it seems to me that they would always be there, maybe only being used fully at a certain time or when that person is ready. Or was the idea more that everyone will always have the chakras, they might just develope the ability to understand and use them probably at a certain age.
As I am still quite young, the information that was given in that book would suggest I still have a few more years before I am able to use my Crown chakra and to be able to understand my spiritual nature more or comunicate at a higher level.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:19 PM
AngelBreeze

The Ever Spinning Chakras

Hi NicolaRose3! You ask a very interesting question.

Basically, the chakras are the energy centers of the body located in the etheric body. The chakras are what help to animate the physical body with greater energy for locomotion and for many other things on a higher level.

Having said that, I do not believe that it takes incremental periods of time for the chakras to "develop". This is because the chakras are ever-present at birth and throughout our lifetime. What can and does happen is that the chakras can close up at times of great distress and consternation. Conversely, they can open up to a greater degree than normal and generate more energy than needed given a certain set of circumstances and one can feel rather 'spacey'.

Also, blockages can occur in the chakras. There are ways to check for that and I prefer to use my pendulum for that exercise although being clairvoyant, clairaudient, and clairsentient, I can also use those extended areas of human perception to gauge what the chakras are doing. As a Reiki master, I can say that Reiki works beautifully to unblock the chakras and deliver the spiritual energy that will help them back to their normal state.

One more thing to note concerning development, of course people will grow spiritually at different levels. Therefore, it is possible that one may appear to be 'stuck', for example, as it concerns their third chakra which is the power center just above the navel and which vibrates to the color yellow. When a person perceives weakness in themselves, they can be deficient in that particular chakra and spiritual exercises as well as Reiki can help to develop this chakra and bring it up to a level where it should be. Retesting with the pendulum can help one to know more precisely what a chakra is doing at a particular point in time.

Stress, worry, excessive weeping, tenseness, anger, frustration, jealousy, intolerance, excessive alcoholic drinking, smoking, having a bad drug habit, etc., all things negative, does affect the chakras negatively to a great degree. And if one was to photograph the chakras through aura photography, they would see what I mean. One moment, when one is engaged with a happy thought, the chakras can appear well-balanced. The next moment a negative thought can occur that can bring down the chakras to a less than acceptable level and then it is time for a Reiki energy boost or some other modality of choice.

Each chakra can vibrate at a different rate and each has its own color, like the colors of the rainbow, in fact. They can spin rapidly or not so rapidly depending on the person's current state of being as well as their thinking.

In conclusion, I believe it is safe to say that one's train of thought plus their inward and outward actions is what mostly determines the state of their chakras rather than the chakras just becoming stunted or stymied until a certain period of time has elapsed in order to develop.

Old 20-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Erebus

Nicola, the chakras do develop over a period of time corresponding with their purpose. The first chakra is said to develop between 0-2 years, which makes sense as it is the survival chakra and this would be the time in our lives when survival truly is the only base instinct. (0-1 especially). As they develop, they are present but our awareness of them is what is lacking. The more aware you become of yourself, the more in-tune you will be with them and their many facets.

It seems to me that a Kundalini awakening happens at the right moment in life for each specific person (many people in my life are experiencing it around the age of 30, myself included), but I'm sure it ranges depending on personal experience, life changes and I would think it would coicide with a drastic moment in life or some sort of search for a truth beyond what is seen and experienced.

I hope this answers your question. To understand the upper chakras, it is important to be in touch with the lower ones. All 7 (or some would argue there are more) are important to a balanced life.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolaRose3
This may seem like a stupid question, but I read in a book once (I think it was called the Pyschic Bible, and was just a brief introduction to all the different aspects of pyschic development like divination, guides, energy, chakras and healing) that chakras develope over a peroid of time.

I dont really understand what was meant by that, and I know there are many people and many children that have always had great pyschic abilities, so it seemed a bit strange to me. I think it said that you start of with the first 3 chakras, or that they develop at a very young age, and the rest open up through childhood. The Brow chakra at around 20 and finally the Crown chakra at around 25.

So I was just wondering if this is true (although I know there will possibly be many different opinions), it seems to me that they would always be there, maybe only being used fully at a certain time or when that person is ready. Or was the idea more that everyone will always have the chakras, they might just develope the ability to understand and use them probably at a certain age.
As I am still quite young, the information that was given in that book would suggest I still have a few more years before I am able to use my Crown chakra and to be able to understand my spiritual nature more or comunicate at a higher level.

nicolarose...your intelligence to question the book and your humbleness to question whether you ought to question, os wonderful. And perhaps life is for questioning.....and then making your own decision....and then taking resposibility of whether it was the right decision......and then learning from making mistakes....and then having the humbleness to question, decide anf take on the resposibility all over again.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:50 PM
NicolaRose3

Ok, thank you for a very nice explantation! Thats kind of what I was thinking as well, so thats a bit of a strange thing to put in a book then :P, but I suppose another person might have a different opinion about it.

I suppose, that with quite a few people developing and connecting with their chakras or spiritual side may take time.

I did have a reiki treatment a few years ago and before that quite a few of my chakras were blocked. I have been trying to do meditations and clear my chakras or open them up further. I have been feeling alot happier in the last few months so I think that is helping me become more aware of everything and able to open up my spiritual side more.

I tried using a pendulum last night, after a few odd movements at first, it span in clockwise circles above all my chakra points. Would clockwise circles always show an open chakra (ie.moving within the energy of the chakra) or is it more of a general yes or no answer to if they are open or blocked? At some points the pendulum was spining counterclockwise or side to side over my Sacral and Crown chakras, but later changed to spining clockwise again
Old 21-01-2011, 12:03 AM
NicolaRose3

I typed my reply before I saw the other 2 answers.

That was an interesting answer Erebus, but then that is showing that there are different ideas concerning chakras. I total understand the concept of not being aware of them until the right time. I am still inclined to think that they would still be there (as thinking of them as energy, I dont think it would just appear from nothing at once) just laying dormant. I think you might have meant that anyway (maybe......, unless I am reading it wrong)

xXHeatherXx, thank you for the compliment.

I think I need to spend a bit more time trying to understand
Old 21-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Erebus

They do develop over time as they are the building blocks to ourselves.

They come into play one by one as we grow, learn and mature in life. Our brains are too simple at birth to have for example an awareness of our unique voice which comes into play in the 5th chakra. so yes, they do develop and grow with time....and with experience and maturity.

Nicola, yes I did mean they are present once they develop but without knowing they are there, they still play their role but we're just not realizing they do. Until we come to realize what they are, what purpose they play and how much energy is accessible and running through us at every moment in time, then we're not able to access our true powers.
Old 21-01-2011, 04:34 PM
nventr

I have 2 cents to put in here.

Every chakra book, article and person I have ever run into states that the only way chakras develop or open is from the bottom up.

I do not believe this. My experience is that the chakras develop from the top down. Spiritual masters have done great damage to my soul by trying to force up my kundalini or by opening my base chakra first.

It's time to come out of the dark ages and realize that bloodletting is not the answer to every spiritual disease. It is the message of Jesus. Why hasn't anyone listened?
Old 21-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Sira

Also for me it was from top down.
Old 23-01-2011, 03:50 PM
nventr

You're the first person I've met that had experienced this.