Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 09-11-2018, 04:59 AM
Newbie ;)

How can I believe?

I was raised by a catholic family in a catholic school,but I grew apart of that with time,though I never felt comfortable in labeling me as anything(Atheist,agnostic,etc). Long story short,today two of my friends,started talking about spirits,angels,visions,auras,etc,I knew they are catholic but I thought they were being ironic,after a while I figured they were 100% serious. Both of them said all of their families could also see all of it,communicate with relatives by dreams,power of the voice,etc. They said I really need to believe to do this,I want to believe,but how?
Old 09-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Pathfinder

You need spiritual practice. Many people on this forum are involved in different spiritual practices. Others have their gifts by birth.

Anyway, beware of opening up spiritually too fast to entities from other realms. Your friends may not always communicate with their relatives...
Old 09-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjuca2
I was raised by a catholic family in a catholic school,but I grew apart of that with time,though I never felt comfortable in labeling me as anything(Atheist,agnostic,etc). Long story short,today two of my friends,started talking about spirits,angels,visions,auras,etc,I knew they are catholic but I thought they were being ironic,after a while I figured they were 100% serious.
Both of them said all of their families could also see all of it,communicate with relatives by dreams,power of the voice,etc. They said I really need to believe to do this,I want to believe,but how?
Well, let's see how to believe more...Being Catholic...what about reading some Catholic Mystics.

There's Sister (Saint now) Faustina, of course, we have Saint Teresa of Ávila,
Padre (Saint now) Pio...
Angels, spiritual visions or revelations, auras, Divine Visitations...all part of Catholic history...all are 'there' for the seeing.
And if you are asking for God's grace and protection, no problem ...spirits are just 'us' on the Other Side!

Don't even think about bad, or mischievous spirits, don't open to the possibility...be pure in heart.
Be clear and strong and confident in your utter protection.
Jesus said have no fear, so don't. Paul said, Be anxious for nothing.

And sometimes certain people can't 'see' things on the Other Side....or simple auras. So what. If you are meant to you will, right?

This is my take.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Knower

Belief is "an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists". Abraham, channeled by Esther Hicks, says a belief is just a thought you keep thinking.

So I say, whether you want to believe or not, you are where you are. Can it be enough for you to be curious? When people have faith in something, they have determined within, whether conscious or unsconsciously, that their thought is the truth. Many times, this is because of upbringing but often this is due to being curious and open to experiences. I know for myself, my entire belief system is built 100% on what I have experienced for myself.

Be curious. Be inquisitive. Try out different practices or techniques or read different things, if you like. See how they feel.

It is my belief that, in existential matters, no one is right and everyone is right - it is determined by where you stand in the universe.

So find your own place to stand and look around :)
Old 09-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Seeker
Read more; absorb ALL you can. Some will resonate, some wont. For that which doesn't, you just take it in as wisdom/knowledge. For that which does allow yourself to have flexibility in your faith base. Just because you learn something doesn't mean you have to cash in all your chips & convert to anything! I consider myself an omnist.

Image Removed SF Admin

Last edited by Lynn : 11-11-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Omnist? Oh boy ...another word to learn...I guess I'm an Omnist Universalist, Sikh, Hindu, menapausal woman.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-11-2018, 05:34 PM
Master

In regards to angels you might read Lorna Byrne's books. She is catholic too! And I read somewhere the catholic diocese now recognizes her. I've read several of her books and love them. Some are sad, like Angels in My Hair, but also uplifting.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:18 AM
Knower

Plasma Metaphysics

A good place to start may be the various books written by plasma metaphysicist Jay Alfred beginning in 2006. These can be called up online.

He states that there is a scientifically proven counterpart dark matter Earth, composed of low density plasma, which co-rotates with our visible Earth but is immensely larger.

In this respect I found his work dealing with "Dark Plasma and the Origin of Angels, Aliens, Deities and Ghosts" very instructive and helpful, and now as regards religious teachings I can see things much more clearly.