Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 20-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Badger1777

I am extremely sceptical about this.

Some very clever people have been trying for a lot of years to prove or disprove the paranormal with the aid of electronics.

And now a bunch of programmers have cracked it on a standard piece of every day phone kit? Hmmm.

I'm a programmer. Its been my paid job for 20 years, and my hobby for 30 years. I think I'm pretty good at it. Yet I can't achieve anything like this, simply because I know that the hardware has nothing in it that would facilitate this. The phone itself will have a number of sensors. A mic and camera, motion sensor, accelerometer, and sometimes a few others depending on the phone but nothing special. The CPU in the phone will be a fairly run of the mill CPU, probably with some limited digital signal processing capability built in. And the code that runs on the phone will boil down to plain old cold logic.

If these apps worked, it would be the mainstream news event of a lifetime. It would be bigger than confirmation of multiple dimensions and alien life put together. A spirit communicating through something as tangible, predictable, repeatable and logical as an mass produced mainstream electronic device.

Of course what IS possible on the hardware of a common low cost mobile phone, is a bit of speech recognition, a bit of speech synthesis, some very limited artificial intelligence, some spooky digital audio effects, and some code to tie it all together that follows the similar logic to the standard charlatan, saying vague things that statistically are likely to mean something to the end user, and responding to their reactions. Add in the fact that most people grant access to these apps without even checking what they're granting access to, and you've suddenly got their facebook friend list and all their timeline, their browsing habits, the names of all their contacts etc, and suddenly you've got a pretty clever piece of code that might convince the average school kid that they're talking to great auntie Mable. All while the app is profiling you and raising revenue for its producers by targeting ads at you or selling profile data to a list broker. Sorry, just my opinion. It is always possible that I might be wrong.
Old 20-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Pathfinder
When it comes to phone apps, be aware of a few things.

First, phones are limited in the types of information they can gather from the environment. The screens are heat sensitive, so they can sense temperature based contact. They can also pick up audio and visual, but that's about it. You're phone may experience electrical interference (as any other device might) such as your battery being drained. Any app that claims to measure anything else (like the one that says it measures "quantum flux") is blowing smoke.

Second, most ghost hunting apps work by being sent randomly generated messages from the host server. Like an automated voicemail message or horse_ebooks on twitter, it's just a computer somewhere sending out randomized information. I've also seen ghost photo apps that are supposed to be extra sensitive to paranormal activity, but what it does is slap a random filter on your photo with some sort of "activity," like orbs, streaks of light, or partial apparitions

Third, if you are ghost hunting, having your smartphone on can actually give you a lot of false positive readings. Smartphones are constantly sending and receiving data so, unless it's on airplane mode, every minute or two your equipment will pick up a spike as your phone connects to transfer data.

I've seen a lot of ghost hunting phone apps, and never one that couldn't be debunked by nothing more than reading the terms of service. If you want to use your phone for ghost hunting, you'd do best by just switching it to airplane mode and using it as a voice recorder and camera.
Old 22-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Knower
I uninstalled the TI app. I tried several times and nothing of any real note happened.
Old 30-11-2014, 04:43 PM
ReneLynne

I personally don't care for the apps...they have never worked for me. I have an actual spirit box...it's a P-SB7. I set it to AM and have it sweep forward. I get great results. I do have to wear earbuds when doing my sessions because I would miss a lot if I didn't. I used to record them and go back and listen but then I couldn't keep a "real time" conversation going. They answer my questions, I have one that teases me (in a nice way) and I hear THEM chatting to each other which is really cool!!
Old 20-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Knower
I have tried multiple apps, and have got some good responses from them. Especially the one I have that was created using the Unity Engine. As far as advice goes, don't move the device too fast and let it run for a little bit so it can get use to the environment.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."