Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 26-07-2018, 03:13 PM
Master
Dzogchen And The Heart Sutra...

The Heart Sutra says that the realization of Emptiness is when...

Form = Void and Void = Form

Norbu and the Heart Sutra are saying the same thing, but just describing it coming from different perspectives.

The Dzogchen usage of "essence" is the same as the classic usage of void. The void is empty with no activity at all. Nothing to perceive and nothing to sense. Like a totally dead sea with no motion. This same meaning is found in the first half of the Heart Sutra. The statement of Form = Void means that one breaks down (or perceives past) form until one notices the Void underneath it all. It is similar to when you look at a blackboard you only notice the writing in chalk. But if you erase the board a little, you start to notice that the chalk is really in/on the blackboard.

The Dzogchen usage of "energy" is the same as used in other traditions, the difference just being that in Buddhism, energy practices are started much later in the path which results in smaller swings compared to other tantric traditions. The same point of energy is found in the second half of the Heart Sutra. Void = Form means that energy "emerges" from the void and is a component of the void. In the blackboard analogy, this is the creation or writing on the blackboard.

The Dzogchen usage of "nature" is what is often called "light". It is the pristine clarity of the void. Or in more modern terms, it is the structure or raw building stuff of mind/universal mind. In the Heart Sutra, it is what is "realized" when one integrates and realizes both of the individual components of the Heart Sutra.

Ultimately, void is nothingness, energy is the motion of nothingness, clarity (or light) is the realization of the potential of it all.

http://community.livingunbound.net/i...e-heart-sutra/
Old 27-07-2018, 05:19 AM
Master
I see.

This is pretty clear.

Dzogchen appears quite sound in me.
Old 27-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Master
It has helped me as well.

Thank you.
Old 30-07-2018, 11:57 PM
Master
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
The Heart Sutra says that the realization of Emptiness is when...

Form = Void and Void = Form

Norbu and the Heart Sutra are saying the same thing, but just describing it coming from different perspectives.

The Dzogchen usage of "essence" is the same as the classic usage of void. The void is empty with no activity at all. Nothing to perceive and nothing to sense. Like a totally dead sea with no motion. This same meaning is found in the first half of the Heart Sutra. The statement of Form = Void means that one breaks down (or perceives past) form until one notices the Void underneath it all. It is similar to when you look at a blackboard you only notice the writing in chalk. But if you erase the board a little, you start to notice that the chalk is really in/on the blackboard.

In many ways the recognition of your own emptiness or void, does release you from your human identity. Where you take yourself out the old story of self. Certainly for me it opened in this way. Going into the old patterns continuously to clear and balance, build clarity this way. Reaching the old story and then the ID, this allowed me to enter into the emptiness of self. I notice that beyond this point of emptiness that you adapt to living more through the fullness of your own emptiness, (seeing everything with new eyes and feeling) which in many ways becomes a blank slate. The analogy you used describes "seeing the nature of what is". Seeing your own nature as an interconnected relationship. I suppose in many ways this could be called the inter being state, transcended state? Sometimes I feel like I am walking through life now as a waking transcended meditation. This is where your engaging in life but that internal point of emptiness that you are always consciously aware of as yourself, means it is hard to entertain life with serious eyes anymore. Everything has a lightness about it. Like your own clarity in that light of being, emanates through each experience that your fully connected too. Even the awareness of compassion, loving kindness that you have opened too through the process of clarity and light, moves you deeper to simply become those qualities as your being. Nothing really leads you other than your own lightness of being. In many ways I see this as a completeness/wholeness of being, open and aware in the light of your being.

Quote:
The Dzogchen usage of "energy" is the same as used in other traditions, the difference just being that in Buddhism, energy practices are started much later in the path which results in smaller swings compared to other tantric traditions. The same point of energy is found in the second half of the Heart Sutra. Void = Form means that energy "emerges" from the void and is a component of the void. In the blackboard analogy, this is the creation or writing on the blackboard.

This makes sense why the energy opening I am having currently feels as it does. That my conditioned self is no longer in the way and so the current or flow is much more accessible in ways I am much more conscious of. Tantra practices have only recently come into my awareness. Exploring the nature of this energy is both energising and clearing as one.

Quote:
The Dzogchen usage of "nature" is what is often called "light". It is the pristine clarity of the void. Or in more modern terms, it is the structure or raw building stuff of mind/universal mind. In the Heart Sutra, it is what is "realized" when one integrates and realizes both of the individual components of the Heart Sutra.

Ultimately, void is nothingness, energy is the motion of nothingness, clarity (or light) is the realization of the potential of it all.

Thankyou you have described my own process as it is right now. As an experiencer this is the knowledge that fits my experience.

I keep hearing the song. 'The magical mystery tour' playing over and over in my head. :) It seems I am going on tour into the magic and mystery like never before.
Old 31-07-2018, 04:23 AM
Master
Form is Emptiness

It is indeed a pity that many people, including most Buddhists, are not aware that most of the latest, exciting discoveries in the sciences today are a confirmation of what the Buddha has taught more than 2500 years ago. It is even more amazing to find that the Buddha's teaching is in greater depth and scope than these scientific discoveries.

For example, the famous but little understood quotation of the Heart Sutra, "Form is emptiness, and emptiness is form", represents the latest paradigm of the new physics, which not only has revolutionized the world view of Western societies. but also has provided us with computers, lasers, nuclear power, understanding of the DNA and the science of molecular biology.

https://shaolin.org/general/buddhism01.html