Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27-06-2016, 08:57 AM
fayette fayette is offline
Guide
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 541
  fayette's Avatar
Dust devil

This might seem a strange little story, but it gave me quite a fright at the time,
It all started when I read about how you can make a new year wish list on a new moon, I carried out the instructions wrote down 3 wishes and burned the edges of the list with a white candle then buried it under a tree, like I read
Next morning I looked over to the place where my list was buried, and was
shocked to see a Little whirl wind or dust devil hovering over the spot, it was about 3 feet high, as I approached it came towards me picking up leaves and dust and seem to chase me for a while, I dodged it and it went on its way
And yes my wishes did came true
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Adrienne Adrienne is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: an alternate reality
Posts: 26,016
 
Interesting story, fayette, thanks for sharing ! I wonder what the little dust devil was ? guardian of the wishes ?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-06-2016, 07:34 PM
IAmNemo IAmNemo is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 69
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Interesting story, fayette, thanks for sharing ! I wonder what the little dust devil was ? guardian of the wishes ?
Maybe it was just the wind?
Why does everything have to 'mean something' around here?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-06-2016, 09:59 PM
fayette fayette is offline
Guide
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 541
  fayette's Avatar
Well it did seem strange at the time how it was spinning over the spot where I buried my wishes , and just stationary until I approached
It was like I had released some energy of some kind
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Adrienne Adrienne is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: an alternate reality
Posts: 26,016
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmNemo
Maybe it was just the wind?
Why does everything have to 'mean something' around here?

well, maybe it was just the wind

either way it was a cool story, lighten up a little bit it was just a question

thank you fayette for your reply !
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-06-2016, 05:09 PM
IAmNemo IAmNemo is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 69
 
I don't think I need to "lighten up". Maybe you were joking but it seems that many people around here, and just in general, do try to find 'meaning' in everything. As if the entire universe is one giant cosmic theatre and we are all its unwilling actors. It doesn't need to be seen this way and I was just trying to make this point. I think that is a pretty morbid way to look at things.

I'm sorry if that was too serious a point for you, though. In general I love 'paranormal' topics and discussions. I just don't really see the point in trying to make everything 'mean something'. Sometimes "I don't know" or even general skepticism is really the best answer.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Cyrianne Cyrianne is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 18
 
Doesn't really sound odd. It actually sounds like a dust devil acting like a typical dust devil.

Dust devils do stay stationary you know when there's no wind to move the actual funnel.


Ps. The dust devil likely wasn't "chasing" you the fact that you ran away made a small vacuum of air that caused it to move. Same as if you ran away from a floating feather, the feather would "chase" you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-07-2016, 09:11 AM
fayette fayette is offline
Guide
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 541
  fayette's Avatar
Thankyou Cyrianne, I have seldom seen them, but what you said makes sense, I think now its presence was probably just a coincidence
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2016, 02:18 AM
Reincar-Nation Reincar-Nation is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 253
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayette
Thankyou Cyrianne, I have seldom seen them, but what you said makes sense, I think now its presence was probably just a coincidence

Ahh but there is no such thing as coincidence....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-2016, 05:32 AM
life.love.regret.
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmNemo
I don't think I need to "lighten up". Maybe you were joking but it seems that many people around here, and just in general, do try to find 'meaning' in everything. As if the entire universe is one giant cosmic theatre and we are all its unwilling actors. It doesn't need to be seen this way and I was just trying to make this point. I think that is a pretty morbid way to look at things.

I'm sorry if that was too serious a point for you, though. In general I love 'paranormal' topics and discussions. I just don't really see the point in trying to make everything 'mean something'. Sometimes "I don't know" or even general skepticism is really the best answer.

I think you do need to lighten up.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums