Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 25-08-2011, 03:57 PM
autumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin050585
My boyfriend has very bad anxiety for any kind of medical problem that pops up. He has tried many traditional and nontraditional things and not much has helped. This is the third time this has popped up and won"t go away. He also has other conditions with his thyroid, ibs, and other problems. Trying to get off ativan now and has some withdrawl. I wish I could help him more. I can only do so much, especially when he lives a couple states away.

Has he ever had food allergy testing, or done an elimination diet? For example, many people with IBS and anxiety find a lot of relief from going gluten free.
Old 26-08-2011, 03:56 AM
Kristin050585

He is already restricted in his foods. He can not have oil, butter, lots of sugar, dairy. He eats really healthy on top of this. I could never eat the same foods he does, but he has been dealing with the food thing for about 10 years now. He basically eats gluten free for the most part. Whole wheat everything and fat free and sugar free.
Old 27-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Twinflamefound

I got severe anxiety around 6 years ago, and it's now under control. There are many methods that can help, and this is what worked for me.

Firstly understand that it's baby steps...I was so impatient and wanted it gone there and then which didn't help with the anxiety.
It used to kick in, and I would instinctively start panicking. DONT RUN FROM IT.
Focus on the feeling, and breathe slow and deep.acknowledge that you are feeling it, and tell yourself that it will be okay.
Avoid processed foods. A lot contain preservatives that I now know kick in nausea, panicky feelings, headaches, and increase my anxiety. Eat as clean as possible.
Avoid late nights. I'm an avid night owl and would go to sleep well past midnight for a few nights in row, and by the end of the week I would be feel mentally unstable.
Don't avoid situations, but take small steps in facing your fears.
This is a bit extreme but I had major claustrophobia and fear of not being able to escape if in a crowd. I decided to do the mosh pit at a P!nk concert. I was having hot and cold sweats, major nausea and total exhaustion...and she hadn't even come on yet! Lol
By the second time she came back (I've done four mosh pits of hers) I was in a place where the fear was conquered much more than before and I could enjoy it.
If you've done something that would normally give you anxiety, give yourself a pat on the back and praise yourself for doing well! Well done for getting through it!
Say no when you need to. Spend time pampering yourself and taking time out to focus on yourself.
Look for natural remedies...like they've stated here, Bach flower does take the edge of it.
Meditating on a regular basis as well as spiritual cleansing helps too.

But most of all keep breathing and KNOW it will get better! I've been there and this will be you before you know it! x
Old 27-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Twinflamefound

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn
Has he ever had food allergy testing, or done an elimination diet? For example, many people with IBS and anxiety find a lot of relief from going gluten free.

I did a detox and felt fabulous after going off dairy and any white refined foods (white sugar, flour, white rice) my anxiety was at nil during this. And yes, I have IBS too