Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 02-08-2011, 09:10 PM
moke64916

Kava Kava and Valerian Root mixed together.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Medium_Laura

I agree with Distortedsoundz. Hypnotherapy to find the root! :)
Old 09-08-2011, 02:11 PM
moke64916

Kava Kava mixed with Valerian Root. Or dee a psychiatrist and get prescribed to a Benzodiazepine. I would only say benzos if your anxiety is severe.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:27 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I'm on klonopin too and am trying to wean off very slowly. However it has helped me to b more functional as before I had severe anxiety and would try every natural remedy in the book to no avail. For me it helps. I wish I couldn't have to take it but at this point I have no choice. Blahhhhh
Yeah for me, the only real anxiety relief comes with a benzodiazepine such as Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, and I wouldnt say Valium. That stuff is weak. I take Xanax Extended Release. The potent anxiety reliever. Those natural remedies
Don't work for me. Or you could drink a beer or two. Just one or two. That would help. Xanax and alcohol work on the same GABA receptors in the brain. Anything that works on the GABA receptors will help the most. Unfortonately the only natural remedy that works on the GABA receptors is weak and doesn't activate the neurotransmitters like benzodiazepines or beer.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:37 PM
moke64916

Yeah for me, the only real anxiety relief comes with a benzodiazepine such as Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, and I wouldnt say Valium. That stuff is weak. I take Xanax Extended Release. The potent anxiety reliever. Those natural remedies
Don't work for me. Or you could drink a beer or two. Just one or two. That would help. Xanax and alcohol work on the same GABA receptors in the brain. Anything that works on the GABA receptors will help the most. Unfortonately the only natural remedy that works on the GABA receptors is weak and doesn't activate the neurotransmitters like benzodiazepines or beer.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Medium_Laura

When I had severe anxiety anything that made me feel foggy made it worse. Alcohol especially. I never took medication for it simply used self talk and had a buddy system. My friend knew my episodes and would help me talk myself down to a normal level. I found that most of my anxiety was hormonal.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Master
Ask your doc about lorazepam...I think others have mentioned it by another name starts with A, can't recall, but it was given me for anxiety and help sleep, and amazed that it removed what I thought was a permanent scar on my leg, it was huge pink area and it disappeared overnight after about a week on lorazepam. I even asked my doc can that medicine do that, and he said yes! I was so happy. In the meantime, while you're on something to get you started relaxing, learn more about deep breathing/meditation, and a little wine or beer, can't hurt, unless you prefer not to drink alcoholic beverages. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Neville

There is a really effective drug free treatment that is being ever increasingly embraced by our Naional Health Service called Mindfullness based cognitive therapy (MBCT).

MBCT prioritizes learning how to pay attention or concentrate with purpose, in each moment and most importantly, without judgment. Through mindfulness. This could be by simply concentrating on your breathing, or studying a simple object.

The object is to remove your worry , by giving yourself something else , something less harmful to focus your mind on.
Old 16-08-2011, 06:48 AM
autumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
I know someone w/ extreme anxiety that used this, PharmaGABA (increases alpha levels), SAM-E (general balance), & 5-HTP (increases seratonin) to get off Paxil. After a year he was able to transit off of the supplements.

SAM-e raises norepinephrine, as well as, dopamine and serotonin. Therefore, SAM-e can increase anxiety. Some people use GABA instead of benzodiazepine drugs. Benzodiazepine drugs work on GABA receptors.

You could also try kava or valerian root. Valerian root is interesting - in most people, it calms them down and may make them tired, however,in a small percentage of people it makes them feel energized. A lot of people have luck with kava. But, be aware that kava has a reverse tolerance effect - meaning that the longer you take it, the less you need. Most people don't feel the effects of kava, until it's built up in their system. But, once it's built up, kava is great for anxiety.

Magnesium is also excellent for anxiety and a deficiency can cause anxiety. The liquid form - Magnesium Chloride works really well.
Old 25-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Kristin050585

My boyfriend has very bad anxiety for any kind of medical problem that pops up. He has tried many traditional and nontraditional things and not much has helped. This is the third time this has popped up and won"t go away. He also has other conditions with his thyroid, ibs, and other problems. Trying to get off ativan now and has some withdrawl. I wish I could help him more. I can only do so much, especially when he lives a couple states away.