Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Newbie ;)

I am lost

I guess you could say I was Christian , tried going to churches a few times but never felt like I belonged.
started reading about paganism and how the christians tried to wipe them off the earth for not going their direction and what not and realized how awful and crooked they were.
I never knew for so many years of my life.
I've always been in love with dragons so one day while searching things on the internet about Wicca and witchcraft thinking maybe I could start a new life I stumbled across something called draconic magick.
I bought Dancing with dragons book and really started feeling like this was my thing! Till I got to all the robe wearing and colored things , sashes and stuff, some people said they were involved in a draconic cult.
Not sure if I feel all that wearing stuff and things.
Started wondering if I'd be wasting time on this with there not being a whole lot of information for it , maybe it's not even real. Idk
Now I'm just sitting around lost with nothing, wishing I could dream ,feel or hear a god or goddess or deity, or dragon to show me the way I need to go.
Now I'm reading The good witchs Guide.
Has anyone heard of dragon magic ? And is it made up? I do believe there very well could have been dragons.
Old 26-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Master

Dragons appear in many cultures, both Eastern and Western.

I find it is most useful to consider dragons as symbolic of energy, in particular kundalini energy. Thus dragons are similar to serpents.

There is a common idea in mythology of a dragon sleeping on a pile of gold and other treasures. Again, we see the connection to kundalini. The kundalini energy lies coiled in the base chakra, sleeping. When this serpent energy is aroused it begins the journey up the central etheric spinal channel, through the chakras, and the hidden treasures which lie within us are revealed.

I am not familiar with dragon magic, but the use of ritual and costume serves a purpose for those who are naturally inclined to such ceremonies (in esoteric terms, those people who are strongly influenced by the 7th ray of ceremonial magic). The use of ritual helps the mind to focus and aligns the astral (emotional) body towards the achievement of some magical purpose.

You sound like you are drawn to magic. You could try reading the works of Dion Fortune, W.E. Butler and David Conway. They might give you some signposts. Rituals are just one aspect of magic - the real purpose of magic is the development of our mental faculties.

Peace.
Old 27-08-2017, 04:19 AM
Master
Depends on what a person defines as dragons. Like astral dragons? Spirutual entities or disembodies spirits? etc? or do they mean real dragons?

I definitely don't believe in real dragons. I don't believe in anything supernatural in the form of ghosts, ghouls, vampires, dragons, werewolves, etc.

Also before you condemn Christianity you should just look at what it has done to the world. In the ancient times before Christianity, the world was being ready to be conquered. If Christianity had not surfaced when it did and influenced Mankind like it did (to be more people and spiritually focused, instead of war/conquest focused) then we would basically be living in hitlers Germany to this day. There would basically be a dictatorship going right now and mostly wars, constant wars. Peace would be a very small percent of the world, or at least a small minority.

If Christianity didn't spread when it did we would be living in an entirely different world than we currently are in. For that reason alone I fully endorse it.

it has a dark past. Many a dark men have used it, abused it, corrupted their churches. However it's legacy is not one of corruption or abuse. Such themes are temporary. A couple hundred years at at worst. And even in those dark times there are champions of light.

I'm not trying to promote Christianity here. I'm not entirely Christian myself. I don't practice paganism or polytheism (hinduism, which Shiva is the God of consciousness in) but I don't deny their existence either. I say maybe, maybe not. I say what is their practical value in my life? What improvement do I see in my life when I use them? How can I use them properly? What happens when I use them improperly? What does it mean to use them improperly? etc. I ask good questions. Then i solve them, I seek to solve them. And I find what I seek. It takes longer than I'd like but I've found that I generally tend to find whatever I seek, be it good or bad lol.

Some things that I do that are Christian forbidden is Tarot card reading. Tarot card reading is a form of divination, which is seeing the future. I also hear that divination is "revealing hidden knowledge". When I use tarot card reading I'm using it to bring light to the things I am experiencing but not aware of. I am revealing hidden knowledge, although I don't attempt to see the future (often. I sometimes do it for fun/curiosity, but it doesn't really work so I don't do it for important issues. for important issues I don't use tarot, I use meditation or inner seeing).

In my opinion it's how the tarot cards are used that make them forbidden or not. also I feel like it's more of a guideline than a deadly sin. I'm fine with it, even though I understand all the pain that comes from doing it.

The real magic that I know of doesn't require spells or rituals. The most magical things I've come to experience in life all take place within the mind.

rituals and other things can help us get a feel for the experience of our self within our mind, however it's not necessary. I'm not a ritual or spell person, however I can do things others would describe as deeply magical/super magical. I've had visions before. I meet other people in their dreams all the time. I meet people in spirit/on the astral plane all the time. And I don't even try to do these things. As I progress in my spiritual growth and understanding these things just happen spontaneously, usually during mediation.

When I was young I really wanted to experience real magic.

Now that I'm older I have experienced so much of what others would call real magic. However to me it is nothing special, it is not magical at all.

As I grow in age and understanding, what I experience changes, what I call magic also changes and always remains out of reach. For now, to be one with God is magic to me. A magic I'm always trying to experience. To the point that I even resort to practices (experiencing God is so difficult, it's like why not try everything? There is no room for dogma to hold a person back when they are trying for the ultimate goal!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericnlexi
I guess you could say I was Christian , tried going to churches a few times but never felt like I belonged.
started reading about paganism and how the christians tried to wipe them off the earth for not going their direction and what not and realized how awful and crooked they were.
I've always been in love with dragons so one day while searching things on the internet about Wicca and witchcraft thinking maybe I could start a new life I stumbled across something called draconic magick.
I bought Dancing with dragons book and really started feeling like this was my thing! Till I got to all the robe wearing and colored things , sashes and stuff, some people said they were involved in a draconic cult.
Started wondering if I'd be wasting time on this with there not being a whole lot of information for it , maybe it's not even real. Idk
Now I'm just sitting around lost with nothing, wishing I could dream ,feel or hear a god or goddess or deity, or dragon to show me the way I need to go.
Has anyone heard of dragon magic ? And is it made up? I do believe there very well could have been dragons.
Old 27-08-2017, 05:13 AM
Master
Quote:

If you're into dragons, then there's a book that can help. It's called Druid Power and written by Amber Wolfe. There's a chapter on crafting your own dragon which relies on work you've done in the previous chapters as there are meditative exercises to do which build on top of each other. I think that's dragon magic at its best. There are no rituals or ceremonies involved at all for all of the exercises. That book is the only thing I found about making dragons.

Even if you don't do any of the exercises, it's still a good read.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 31-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
started reading about paganism and how the christians tried to wipe them off the earth

Churches can be a little "clicky" as we call it in England - it happens with any group whereby there are things that the people expect of you. The pagans were ousted by the so called Christians but were they acting for all Christians or did they hide under its banner like ISIS do with Islam now?

The message of a religion is important, not the way in which ignorant people choose to interpret the words. Jesus is the best thing about the Bible - I have never seen anything negative quoting him directly.

My experience is that a lot of witchcraft/ paganism is theatrics, the people mean well but they take huge leaps. Pagan or Druids & Celts were in England way before Christianity so there is something there but for me the basic stuff is probably the nice middle ground for most.

Cassandra Eason's book: witchcraft and magic spells had a nice feel to it.
Michael Tsarion is amazing too.

Perhaps keep the image of the dragon close to you if you feel a fondness for it. Statues, pictures anything that gives you strength, people often do the same with wolves.

The native Americans had skin walkers and/or those who drew strength from animal totems & if you think of Kung-Fu they have entire disciplines based on the Tiger or Praying mantis.

There is so much interesting stuff out there that you shouldn't be lost for long - if anything you'll need the power to freeze time just to absorb it all.

The last thing is a place called Gobekli Tepe - a temple buried until recently that shows that Neolithic people in Turkey somehow new of animals in different countries - it's amazing.

http://gobeklitepe.info/who_how_why.html

It's a reminder that even the established ideas can be blown out of the water overnight.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 31-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:

I have read a lot of books and source a lot of what i know from many many different places.

80% of what i read or learn i usually don't follow along with or agree with all of it. I can tell by feeling what is for me and what isn't

I can usually tell by just holding a book whether or not its for me.

As far as dreaming.. start reading on dreaming. learn all the foods and drugs that hinder dreaming. learn techniques to help you remember your dreams. Like starting a dream log and consciously think prior to bed that you will remember your dream and have stuff to write in your dream log. them more you do this the bigger the entries will be.

Also pick up books on learning how to better connect with your higher self. guided meditation. crystals and group meditations. using circular mantras to evoke a place to no thought or wanting and total relaxation. start paying attention to your feeling centers, the more attention you give them the better you will get at figuring out what your guides are trying to tell you.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

I find it is most useful to consider dragons as symbolic of energy, in particular kundalini energy. Thus dragons are similar to serpents.

There is a common idea in mythology of a dragon sleeping on a pile of gold and other treasures. Again, we see the connection to kundalini. The kundalini energy lies coiled in the base chakra, sleeping. When this serpent energy is aroused it begins the journey up the central etheric spinal channel, through the chakras, and the hidden treasures which lie within us are revealed.

I really love this analogy to kundalini rising IAMTHAT, I haven`t heard of it being described like this before, but can see its symbolism, love it, thanks for posting.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

To be fair a great majority (although not all) of European dragons are evil and often represent chaos. The kundalini metaphor could still apply as it can have a negative effect on people who are not considered to be masters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon...reek_mythology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 01-09-2017, 11:56 PM
Master

I agree with the above, but maybe European dragons have just had a bad press.

For anyone interested, Esoteric Astrology by Alice Bailey has this to say:

The relation of the fifth Hierarchy to a certain constellation has also a bearing upon this mystery. This is hidden in the karma of the solar Logos, and concerns His relationship to another solar Logos, and the interplay of force between Them in a great mahakalpa. This is the true "secret of the Dragon," and it was the dragon-influence or the "serpent energy" which caused the influx of manasic or mind energy into the solar system. Entangled closely with the karma of these two cosmic Entities, was that of the lesser cosmic Entity Who is the Life of our planet, the planetary Logos.

It was this triple karma which brought in the "serpent religion" and the "Serpents or Dragons of Wisdom," in Lemurian days. It had to do with solar and planetary Kundalini, or Serpent fire. A hint lies in the fact that the constellation of the Dragon has the same relation to the ONE greater than our Logos as the centre at the base of the spine has to a human being. It concerns stimulation, and vitalisation with a consequent co-ordination of the manifesting fires.

I appreciate that the terminology and language of Alice Bailey can be very difficult for those not used to it - it took me 20 years to really feel comfortable with these writings.

Peace.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I really love this analogy to kundalini rising IAMTHAT, I haven`t heard of it being described like this before, but can see its symbolism, love it, thanks for posting.

Thanks, peteyzen. It wasn't something I had previously considered - the symbolism just came to me while typing the reply.

Peace.