Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2017, 01:06 AM
Master
Another disclaimer, feel maybe I've been somewhat irresponsible in posting a lot of links to videos, articles or whatever else in a sort of willy-nilly, reckless fashion as I've explored different avenues of my own interests in the area.

I've leaned on certain authors and researchers more than others, but that doesn't mean they are for everyone. There's some link I've decided against linking b/c I feel like the concepts, ideas or words within them were too dangerous.

Yes, dangerous. Words have power, you wouldn't post instructions on home made bombs indiscriminately online (or at all, one would hope) but ideas expressed with words can also influence a person's concept of the world, their life, reality. It is not my intention to sway people to believe one thing or another, in a sense I think it was just an attempt to present such a vast variety of perspectives so as to imply there are many ways to come at the UFO/alien subject. Why? To show that there is nearly as many explanations as there are people giving them.

My own experience with UFOs compared to most I'd say is probably rather trivial, it is my borderline obsessive curiosity of them that fuels my personal online investigations, but for those that have their own experiences I realize it may mean something else to them entirely.

I would not recommend everyone read or watch everything is this thread. Posting things on here like a madman may be getting carried away and beyond what some people would or should be invested in. I cannot say, but it's worth considering.

We choose what we expose ourselves to. There are all sorts of things on the internet to avoid at all costs, imo. None in this thread, per se, but i think it's nevertheless important to be mindful of our intellectual diet. Challenging reading is sometimes good, but for instance there are books I've read, metaphysical type material especially that have left too long of a lingering taste in my psychological mouth so to speak, that on second thought I'd maybe have been served better to do without entirely.

Not to say such books are not without their merits, but perhaps just they are not for everyone at their particular stage on the journey. Open mindedness is good, but so is open mindedness about open mindedness. Choose your sources with discretion. Go for the most nourishing and replenishing words, authors, media. Don't let anything stick if you find it induces too much negativity in you.

On the other hand, sometimes there is something to be said for seeking out the truth, at all costs. I just don't think, personally speaking, anyone should ever get comfortable thinking they have discovered this truth, once and for all. Beware of people who have all the answers. I heard someone say recently that truth is something people can embody, from time to time, but it is not a destination which can be reached. There's a lot of dark matter & dark energy out there very much unaccounted for, it would be arrogant and presumptuous to assume, imo, that you know what these unknowns, in either a physical or spiritual sense, constitute or in essence are composed of.

Never lose the wonder and mystery of life. It is that pure spirit of discovery which retains a vital energy towards life, and allows further progress on both the personal level and in the macro sense, overall progress of human civilization. Science, in the real sense. But equally crucial to Spiritual concerns as well, imo.

Don't know it that captures what I wanted to say or not, translated from brain to screen often comes out not quite as clearly as desired.

When you expose yourself to anything, whether book, person, video, etc. you yield a certain power to it over you. Sometimes whether you consciously agree with it or not. It contributes to coloring you perception of reality, may i suggest to try and keep some light and brightness in there, if you can. Not everything needs to be a shade of grey. Maybe a sparkle of gold is what is called for on the psychological color spectrum.

This is too long to edit, tbh, basically I just mean tread lightly in this area, spirituality in general, if at all. Ask yourself if it serves you well or is worth the time or trouble. What's it to you, you may say. Anything you come across, imo be willing to throw it all away and start all over again from the beginning. If there's a direction you are invested in, feed enthusiasm into your explorations, rather than fear, but be cognizant and sensitive as you are able to of signs, instincts, intuitions. Pay due attention, basically, before giving yourself or even your attentions over to any outside influence. Be honest with the reasons for why you make such decisions. The easy, most immediate & agreeable answer may not always the right one.

I've spent too long on this, who can say whether the effort as it stands is worth much, but i like to think i mean well by posting it, at least.