Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 16-08-2011, 04:57 PM
iolite

Anxietin is homeopathic based and Rescue Remedy is flower essence based. Both are "vibrational" remedies. Both flower essences and homeopathic remedies have good track records. The issue is to get the right remedy for the condition.

I don't have any experience with Anxietin, but I've used Rescue Remedy successfully on my daughter for her thunder phobia. She no longer gets hysterical during storms.
Old 17-08-2011, 04:10 AM
autumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
What worked for this person who had very serious anxiety was L ‘Theanine, SAM-E, PharmaGABA, & 5-HTP & a therapist skilled at treating PTSD w/ EMDR. These all do different things. These supplements shouldn’t be used w/ prescriptions neurotransmitter meds w/o carefully checking drug/supplement interaction.

The L ‘Theanine is very good for blunting anxiety & is taken only when anxiety or acute stress arises.
This isn’t medical advice.

SAME-e raises adrenaline levels and can increase anxiety.
Old 17-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Medium_Laura

I'm still taking notes on the thread :) Thanks for all the input :)
Old 17-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Neville

Hello Laura,

Have you ever given thoughts to Mindfulness based cognitive therapy. it is gaining much popularity amongst health based professionals, I have tried it myself.

It takes a little practice at first but once you begin to notice anxiety you take remedial action to stop it dead in it's tracks by centering your thoughts on an aspect of now. by that your breathing or getting lost in a crystal.

I figure that it is worth a try when battling debilitating anxiety and it's also now being used as a therapy for depression too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindful...nitive_therapy
Old 17-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Medium_Laura

Me and a friend next door have it. I have been able to do "self talk" most of the time, but recently with peri-menopause, none of the old ways work. It's hormonal and I can't mentally over ride the sensations (rapid heart beat, tingles, dizziness) All related to peri-menopause but also able to freak you out enough to create anxiety.

I have been taking Red Clover which is helping me, but my neighbor is too young for what I'm going through. She also hasn't been able to "self talk".

Thanks for the advice and I am compiling a list for her of things to try.

Old 17-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Neville

With regard to menopause, at length , and if predisposing factors like DVT(Deep vein thrombosis) have been ruled out you may well find yourself better off going down the chemical route of HRT in these circumstances,

My wife is 51 years of age and is currently enduring, sweats, panic attacks,palpitatations irregular menstruation in all respects.

So I really do sympathise with where you are.

I wish you a very swift transition and hope that this temporary nightmare is soon passed.
Old 17-08-2011, 06:50 PM
iolite

Laura...

I'm doing pregnenolone -- completely got rid of the hot flashes. I take Life Extension. I also found Gentle Pharmacy online. They have a otc estriol & progesterone drops. I must admit, I'm not really consistent with it, but when I am, it helps with stress incontinence, dryness and tissue thinning.
Old 28-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Twinflamefound

[quote=in progress]I tried a Bach flower formulation for anxiety, I don't recall the name of it. It set my stomach on fire and left me feeling nauseous! I didn't touch it again. [\QUOTE]

I found putting the drops in water helped me with this.