Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 15-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Note: this is what I take - each person has to do their own research.

I'm also withdrawing from the agnus castus and avena - just going with what I feel. The black cohosh, I take "as and when".

Each person should find their own way, there is lots of advice and support out there, so look for what resonates.
Belle, thank you, I really like your posts. I don’t like to go the medical route, I don’t like hormones. I prefer to listen to my body, so your post resonates with me and I will do some more research on herbal remedies. Thanks again!
Old 15-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Experiencer

Where can I find stinging nettles?
Old 18-11-2015, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator
Oh Elvislover....don't they grow near you? Actually if you live in an urban area it may be best not to pick them as they will have lots of pollution on them. It depends where you live....if you live in the Nevada desert, they might not be there, etc. There are literally millions of them here (SW UK)

You may be able to order them online from a herbal store. Dried, they are still very good to make into teas and alcohol tinctures, but won't be so good to use as a vegetable, though you can of course, add a couple of spoonfuls to a soup or casserole (pot roast) etc which you cook.
Old 18-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Oh Elvislover....don't they grow near you? Actually if you live in an urban area it may be best not to pick them as they will have lots of pollution on them. It depends where you live....if you live in the Nevada desert, they might not be there, etc. There are literally millions of them here (SW UK)

You may be able to order them online from a herbal store. Dried, they are still very good to make into teas and alcohol tinctures, but won't be so good to use as a vegetable, though you can of course, add a couple of spoonfuls to a soup or casserole (pot roast) etc which you cook.
I live in louisiana,but i dont know what i would be looking for
Old 18-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi

I live in louisiana
Old 19-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
This is an excellent picture of Stinging Nettles:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...yJkokMCM&itg=1

But I have no idea what grows or doesn't grow in Louisiana, and they may not grow there. By far the safest way if you're not sure, is to buy them from a herbal store online, dried, most probably. Or you may be able to find tinctures made from Nettles?
Old 22-12-2015, 05:00 AM
Experiencer
Some women feel much better as far as hot flashes are concerned by taking Lugol's Iodine (Rising Sun's Nutritional make a good one). Just one drop a day.
I do not use iodized salt, because I prefer pink salt, so I use it once a week or so. It is also great to calm down sore throat.