Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Knower
What's it Like?

If you experience non-duality, you experience unity. Perhaps even infinite unity. It must be blissful.

I have felt expansive bliss coming out of my crown chakra. But I didn't feel one with everything.

Is being one with everything the next step beyond expansive bliss?

Is enlightenment a few steps beyond unity?
Old 05-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Master

Unity by definition is infinite. If unity were finite then it would not be unity, because there would be something else present besides unity. So we can consider the state of unity as one thing everywhere.

The state of unity is therefore a very simple state of Being. The infinite nature of unity arises from the removal of any limitations on Being. Being has no boundaries. It is perceived as present everywhere, and all things exist in Being but nothing interrupts Being.

Is this blissful? Knowing that nothing limits our Being is a state of freedom, and this freedom may be considered as blissful. But it is not the bliss that may descend into the mind and emotions and even the body, which can be overwhelming and prevent us from functioning.

The word enlightenment is problematic because different people have different ideas about what enlightenment means. So the question of whether enlightenment is a few steps beyond unity cannot really be answered. What is meant by enlightenment? And some consider enlightenment as the final destination, the end of the journey, while others consider enlightenment as the end of one stage of the journey, but the journey continues.

Peace.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
If you experience non-duality, you experience unity. Perhaps even infinite unity. It must be blissful.

I have felt expansive bliss coming out of my crown chakra. But I didn't feel one with everything.

While what iamthat has said is no doubt accurate, in terms of an actual flowing cognitive sense of being, the experiential as well as the sequential may vary from person to person, each journey being unique.

The Oneness experience, in my view, cannot be willed to occur. It is like falling in love ... we being in love, the outpouring love, not the seeking type, invite the divine energy to entwine with us for the sake of love alone ... to be together. Our orientation being of childlike innocence is the magnetism that tends to bring about the unification. As such, we cannot just snap our fingers and bring about the merger since love is voluntary and by free will.

About the crown chakra, I’d say yes that it is a connector between our in-form consciousness and formless Oneness boundless awareness ... duality ... which becomes a singularity when the merger occurs. We may call the merged state as non-duality or singularity as we prefer in as a lived sense of being or becoming, beyond its translation into words. In this state of being there is no difference between the Absolute and ourself ... yes, ourself (!) for in as ordained in the merged state of so being, we are dissolved as one with the That Oneness and yet distinct.

What is bliss? When back to in-form consciousness, the Oneness connection, which always was and is but veiled, now begins to manifest within form like a divine nectar percolating osmotically into every pore of our being, in a manner cognisable to us. All lifetron nodes within become enlivened and vibrate with joy in resonation with the pulsations of the source Itself. We lose sense of separate identity as we ourselves had previously associated our attention with. Our fulcrum shifts. We are not the same ... our way of looking at creation becomes more in sync with the Oneness experience.

Call this bliss, call it being centred within ourselves. We are joyous simply because that is how we are. The state of so being is not impacted by the external. Or we may say, we live internally.

Enlightenment ... every micro-ascension is enlightenment, is it not? If etched within, in permanence. It is an unending process since stagnation is death and there is no such thing as death.

Old 18-05-2019, 04:00 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

Non-duality is the first moment. It is profound, wonderful, and beautiful, and not the full thing. It's like having your feett on the ground.

Rooted in the source. We always are, but the first moment is a flip, and feeling that way. From there there are countless states of boundlessness and bliss. Culminating in a final experience of bliss, consciousness, and beauty.

But the first moment is of total peace. It's as though all bubbles burst. Pain did not exist. All bubbles burst and one feels the earth.

After this, karma peels away like an orange. One is new, a thousand times again.

Then all the states of boundlessness and bliss. By the very end, ideally one gently returns to 'normal' consciousness, as softly as a flower floating to the ground.
Old 18-05-2019, 01:04 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

The realisation of no-separation (nonduality) is not the end of phenomenal limitation. It's the felt-sense realisation that (put simply) there is only THIS - as it is - however it appears. With this comes the certainty that there is nothing that needs to be done, to be discovered, to be resolved in order for completeness to be the case*. No striving for the divine - the divine is right here (rightly seen.) Whatever you do, however you do it is already the perfect expression of existence. The energy and strain that goes into the task of attaining wholeness or perfection dissolves, present actuality becomes energised and an underlying sense of well-being results.

That which seems to constitute ‘enlightenment’ (in my experience and observation) is this core realisation (no-separation/oneness) PLUS interpretation, cultural/philosophical bias, projection, embellishment and credulity.

* There may be plenty to do regarding our phenomenal/functional expression. We may want to improve or develop ourselves for personal, social and ethical reasons.
Old 20-05-2019, 06:22 AM
Suspended

I would say, in my experience, it is mostly like being at peace. Like at peace with Everything. Because indeed you are everything. But, confined in a separate earthly vehicle for a certain amount of time. You are That, experiencing itself, in one, out of an infinite number of possible ways.
Old 20-05-2019, 06:35 AM
Experiencer

I think there are many ways and experiences that come into enlightenment, and it's something that you 'feel'. When you are enlightened you are enveloped in unconditional love. Just as you are in unity, you are enveloped in unconditional love.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Master
Quote:

Hi Indi

I see it more so that 'unity' to the degree that there is only what you are as everything is not experienced via the mind-body.

The mind-body construct is not designed to operate and function and fully encompass and experience the union of all that is.

This energy-awareness for use of a better word is Self realization .. the actual being of what you are beyond the mind-body experience.

Of course there are many experiences of oneness that is of the mind that an individual can experience but there still remains individuality at the same time.

It can be a very complex topic concerning individuality while knowing that the tree for example is what you are ..

My thoughts on that experience still relates to self identity as what you are in reflection of the tree, so there is not oneness had in the same vein as Self realization because in Self realization there is no self or the tree .

Non duality can refer to oneness compared to separation but it can also refer to the mind and objects compared to none .

Let me put it this way, in order to experience non duality while being of the mind-body construct there would be such a lack of self awareness one would not be able to identify the tree as a tree .

x daz x
Old 22-05-2019, 04:32 AM
janielee

Many good experiences. I concur with iamthat for one.

Other than that, an experience here or there does not constitute enlightenment; it constitutes a one time experience, otherwise known as an invitation to submit to the practices and paths of the Fully Awakened Ones.
Old 30-05-2019, 08:44 PM
Experiencer

hhmmm

It's never being alone yet still lonely.