Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 26-05-2017, 03:23 PM
awareness awareness is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 390
  awareness's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
hey if you're being honest then i love you all the more for it

I truly am loving this interaction, disconnected.

I actually agree with some of what you related to Baile. There is indeed quite a bit of dishonesty in the marketing of such things, and your bringing this to attention is something that many people in this community who may read this thread might want to consider, if they aren't very aware of this.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 26-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,631
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
unfortunately the facade is exploited for tyranny and absolutely atrocious behaviour by many preaching the whole "conscious exploration of loving action"... i'm not pointing the finger at you.
Yet here you are, preaching all this cynical and snide "Let me guess you believe in the law of attraction too ?? an affirmation is a man made invention... not truth !!" rhetoric.

You really had no other "loving" action to take part in at SF, other than starting a discredit-thread in a sub-forum so as to invalidate the particular belief? This is your idea of positive, productive participation and action?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 26-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Lumin Lumin is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 85
  Lumin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
i guess it depends on what sort of help they're looking for

search and ye shall not always find
That concept would apply more to you, taking into consideration the meaning of your username 'disconnected'.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 26-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,631
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminarium
That concept would apply more to you, taking into consideration the meaning of your username 'disconnected'.
I was pretty cynical and disconnected from life in my 30s. I know life doesn't give answers exactly when someone could use them and/or is desperate for them. So that is a reality. Incidentally I've been drug-free since then. And I am going to suggest that the real reasons for the things being discussed here haven't even been touched upon.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 26-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Lumin Lumin is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 85
  Lumin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I was pretty cynical and disconnected from life in my 30s. I know life doesn't give answers exactly when someone could use them and/or is desperate for them. So that is a reality. Incidentally I've been drug-free since then. And I am going to suggest that the real reasons for the things being discussed here haven't even been touched upon.
I was referring to the user ‘disconnected’, and how they’re choosing to act. As if it’s benefitting them in any way.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 26-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,631
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminarium
I was referring to the user ‘disconnected’, and how they’re choosing to act. As if it’s benefitting them in an."y way.
Right, I understand. But if this were years ago and the way I used to feel, I would have named myself "Miserable In Life" or "Black Hole." So I see it not so much about benefiting anything, but just expressing how one is feeling. I get what you're saying: create it, and that's what you will experience. But when I was experiencing life as a black hole, there was nothing that could convince me life was happy in any way. I was unhappy, and that's all I saw and all I could muster.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 26-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Lumin Lumin is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 85
  Lumin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Right, I understand. But if this were years ago and the way I used to feel, I would have named myself "Miserable In Life" or "Black Hole." So I see it not so much about benefiting anything, but just expressing how one is feeling. I get what you're saying: create it, and that's what you will experience. But when I was experiencing life as a black hole, there was nothing that could convince me life was happy in any way. I was unhappy, and that's all I saw and all I could muster.
I understand that, at the times that is how you’re feeling it is hard to cope with it cause of how it leaves you feeling. When one doesn’t want to accept that, hard to see that feeling of it changing - very hard.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 26-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Silver Silver is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,167
  Silver's Avatar
To a degree, I think the op is right mainly because humans are quite suggestible and if that counts and is important for all our personal reasons we want them to work, so believing has the potential to make it happen for us.
Affirmations are a pipe dream of sorts - but it doesn't hurt or harm - or does it?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 26-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,631
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminarium
I understand that, at the times that is how you’re feeling it is hard to cope with it cause of how it leaves you feeling. When one doesn’t want to accept that, hard to see that feeling of it changing - very hard.
And also, impossible to convince them otherwise, even something as simple to understand as "Believing a thing to be pointless, is what makes it pointless." It's not even about affirmations; this is an essential understanding regarding basic spiritual self-development work. Even quantum physics is coming to this understanding: the outcome is dependent on the observer.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 26-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,631
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
To a degree, I think the op is right mainly because humans are quite suggestible and if that counts and is important for all our personal reasons we want them to work
let me guess you believe in the law of attraction too ??
an affirmation is a man made invention... not truth !!


You're being kind and generous, very generous.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums