Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-07-2018, 08:14 AM
Master

The Divinisation of Power

Every Church, Temple, Mosque, Shrine, Ashram, Synagogue was made for you and you alone, every hymn, Invocation, chant and prayer sings about you and only you. By you I mean you ! The human being, John Smith, the mere mortal encased in human form. This thought entered my mind one day as i sat in a Hare Krsna temple singing the names of Krsna. A blasphemous thought ? I wonder. I hoped never for that thought to be broken and to stay in the divine reverie forever more. Alas there is always someone to call you out on your blasphemous mistaken thoughts, someone to put you back in your earthly box, someone who can quickly point out your seperation from God, someone to show you how far from the Lord you really are. The Churches that have been built, the hymns that have been written, the tears that have been cried alas are all in vain because they were built for you and were built for no one else. And now they stand in cold calculation, the deity of reason and hard facts loosened upon the world. I bow to an unknown man on a cross, wave incense to a blue goat herding boy from India or kneel to a Desert Wind hoping for them to intervene. I pay homage to an idea and i sing no more to myself.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 23-07-2018, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Every Church, Temple, Mosque, Shrine, Ashram, Synagogue was made for you and you alone, every hymn, Invocation, chant and prayer sings about you and only you.
Just imagine what's going on in a would-be 'suitor' who wants to 'win' the 'heart' of someone deciding to 'romantically' address that someone by saying: every breathe I take, every thought I have, every feeling I experience, etc. is about you and you alone!

Oh, wait, you don't have to imagine it - just listen to the song at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs
to 'get' what I am pointing to.

Lyrics:

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you
Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you
Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take
Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you
Since you've gone I been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby, please
Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take
Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you
Every…
Old 23-07-2018, 09:48 PM
Master
Oh, and then imagine how 'great' a person who was 'romanced' (or imagined he/she was being 'romanced') in such fashion would feel.

Ahhh ... the 'frailties' of 'i'solated 'ego' ... quite 'seduced' , I imagine.
Old 23-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Every Church, Temple, Mosque, Shrine, Ashram, Synagogue was made for you and you alone, every hymn, Invocation, chant and prayer sings about you and only you. By you I mean you ! The human being, John Smith, the mere mortal encased in human form. This thought entered my mind one day as i sat in a Hare Krsna temple singing the names of Krsna. A blasphemous thought ? I wonder. I hoped never for that thought to be broken and to stay in the divine reverie forever more. Alas there is always someone to call you out on your blasphemous mistaken thoughts, someone to put you back in your earthly box, someone who can quickly point out your seperation from God, someone to show you how far from the Lord you really are. The Churches that have been built, the hymns that have been written, the tears that have been cried alas are all in vain because they were built for you and were built for no one else. And now they stand in cold calculation, the deity of reason and hard facts loosened upon the world. I bow to an unknown man on a cross, wave incense to a blue goat herding boy from India or kneel to a Desert Wind hoping for them to intervene. I pay homage to an idea and i sing no more to myself.

there is just to many cry babies in the industry. dont let them hold you back. beyond the ideas of cry babies god is in everything thing and everybody. everybody is in it whether they think they are or not. reguardlesd of their thoughts, ideas, and everything else. there is only one cause thats all there is. lol

when the realization comes to fruition. the body and mind becomes light up in its ectsasy. the idea of god, which has been used against the people for the sake of control, or simply out of sheer ignorance. the laughter of such ridiculousness may never cease. lol

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 24-07-2018, 01:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Well, for one thing, Krsna herded cows, not goats.

However, it is all perceptual and if you want Krsna to herd goats instead of cows, then Krsna will herd goats for you.

When we go somewhere, we take the car, train, bus etc but the means of arrival is not the destination - although, after the fact we see if there was no 'way to get there' ...'there' would not exist either.

It was said in one Upanishad (forget which one now) the idea/concept of "God" is very useful to attain enlightenment, but it is also not needed - so it depends on the person and their 'level of awareness'.

It also depends upon the one who believes their idea of God is just a 'concept' and not actually God, him/herself. I worship a yogi with the moon in his hair and snakes around his blue neck and the ones who worship the blue cow-herding boy do not like this...they call Him a 'demigod' or a 'Rakshas' (devil) and place Lord Shiva way "below" the status of Lord Narayana...but the ones who worship Shiva don't care and they don't play that game...and thus the 'status of Shiva' has always been 'below' Vishnu....but the ones who worship Shiva know what they know...which isn't the same thing as the ones who worship Vishnu know.

Many people will say that I 'worship a concept' but only in their minds is it just a 'concept' and they try and project their conceptualisation of concepts into my mind, but my mind has a filter for this.

It is best to focus on whatever can reach the heart and stir it with love...and as John Lennon once said "whatever gets you through the night...it's alright".

Suffice to say that last night, the Maha Mantra came on the internet radio and I started chanting it, even though I am a Shiva Bhakta...the Gayatri Mantra came on after that and I chanted that too...the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra came on...chanted that and all the while I was concentrating on Lord Shiva and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.
Old 24-07-2018, 01:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

However, it is all perceptual and if you want Krsna to herd goats instead of cows, then Krsna will herd goats for you.

When we go somewhere, we take the car, train, bus etc but the means of arrival is not the destination - although, after the fact we see if there was no 'way to get there' ...'there' would not exist either.

It was said in one Upanishad (forget which one now) but the idea/concept of "God" is very useful to attain enlightenment, but it is also not needed - so it depends on the person and their 'level of awareness'.

It also depends upon the one who believes their idea of God is just a 'concept' and not actually God, him/herself. I worship a yogi with the moon in his hair and snakes around his blue neck and the ones who worship the blue cow-herding boy do not like this...they call Him a 'demigod' or a 'Rakshas' (devil) and place Lord Shiva way "below" the status of Lord Narayana...but the ones who worship Shiva don't care and they don't play that game...and thus the 'status of Shiva' has always been 'below' Vishnu....but the ones who worship Shiva know what they know...which isn't the same things as the ones who worship Vishnu know.

Many people will say that I 'worship a concept' but only in their minds is it just a 'concept' and they try and project their conceptualisation of concepts into my mind, but my mind has a filter for this.

It is best to focus on whatever can reach the heart and stir it with love...and as John Lennon once said "whatever gets you through the night...it's alright".

Suffice to say that last night, the Maha Mantra came on the internet radio and I started chanting it, even though I am a Shiva Bhakta...the Gayatri Mantra came on after that and I chanted that too...the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra came on...chanted that and all the while I was concentrating on Lord Shiva and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

yeah, whats important is what works for us.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 24-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
yeah, whats important is what works for us.
Yah ... and I am always open to considering, and if strikes me as having the possibility of serving to make me more positively functional as a creative being a/k/a a 'son' (in my case) of 'God', of implementing thoughts, feelings and actions which may 'work' 'better'.

I think that's 'important' too - otherwise we just keep on keeping on 'implementing' the same ol' shtick - there are many of course who think, feel and believe that that's the 'best' thing to be and do.
Old 25-07-2018, 05:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Just imagine what's going on in a would-be 'suitor' who wants to 'win' the 'heart' of someone deciding to 'romantically' address that someone by saying: every breathe I take, every thought I have, every feeling I experience, etc. is about you and you alone!

Oh, wait, you don't have to imagine it - just listen to the song at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs
to 'get' what I am pointing to.

Lyrics:

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you
Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you
Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take
Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you
Since you've gone I been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby, please
Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take
Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you
Every…

Good take David, music seems to say it the best sometimes. There is alot in what you say, union, purity of the heart and the pursuit of the Beloved. Robert burns wrote this song about the numb skull pursuit of pleasure in the shooting and killing of wild birds, by elite societyists, and then in the last verse he pursues and seeks the union of his beloved. All too human. Adieu my friend. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDB0P57nQds

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 25-07-2018, 06:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

It was said in one Upanishad (forget which one now) the idea/concept of "God" is very useful to attain enlightenment, but it is also not needed - so it depends on the person and their 'level of awareness'.

It also depends upon the one who believes their idea of God is just a 'concept' and not actually God, him/herself. I worship a yogi with the moon in his hair and snakes around his blue neck and the ones who worship the blue cow-herding boy do not like this...they call Him a 'demigod' or a 'Rakshas' (devil) and place Lord Shiva way "below" the status of Lord Narayana...but the ones who worship Shiva don't care and they don't play that game...and thus the 'status of Shiva' has always been 'below' Vishnu....but the ones who worship Shiva know what they know...which isn't the same thing as the ones who worship Vishnu know.

Goat Herder ? indeed, that made me laugh, my human brain leapt ahead on that one for sure. Sorry to all devotees of Krishna and to the blue boy :) Hey yes its definitely interesting how cultures spring up around ideas and categoristations of mythologies around gods etc. Its amazing isnt it ? I mean the human mind and intelligence is so creative in that respect ? Perhaps the universal mind we could say. And also perhaps these mythologies are not mythologies at all and for those whose minds work in that way, its a cornucopia of pageantry and power and moksha. Anyways fear chases away all deities and higher concepts so ..as Lennon said in Working Class Hero ..

When they've tortured and scared you for twenty-odd years
Then they expect you to pick a career
When you can't really function you're so full of fear

Here the singer sings about another journey in his mind, in his heart. thank you for your informative and supportive reply :) hope you are well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP8A9rtg0iI :)

Old 25-07-2018, 06:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
there is just to many cry babies in the industry. dont let them hold you back. beyond the ideas of cry babies god is in everything thing and everybody. everybody is in it whether they think they are or not. reguardlesd of their thoughts, ideas, and everything else. there is only one cause thats all there is. lol

when the realization comes to fruition. the body and mind becomes light up in its ectsasy. the idea of god, which has been used against the people for the sake of control, or simply out of sheer ignorance. the laughter of such ridiculousness may never cease. lol

For sure, thanks.