Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-06-2020, 08:40 AM
Pathfinder

Looking for counselling and zooms during lockdown.

Can U recommend any zooms or counsellors please? I am not working at the moment.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:29 AM
Administrator
Hi I cam Empathise with how you are feeling at the moment as Mental Health issues have gone though the roof.
you wont find any reputable counselor speaking to you over Zoom. and you have to be careful you wont get charged for it .
there are agencies out there that can offer you support at this time.
I would sugest you speak to your doctor as they can put you in toutch with someone.
but nothing will happen until Lockdown is over

Namaste
Old 05-06-2020, 11:15 PM
Guide
I can attest to the fact that reputable counselors are definitely doing Zoom sessions right now! Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who would do it without a professional reference. Do you have any insurance? If you have insurance, I might be able to help you find someone. Do you live in the UK?

I'm really sorry about your struggles. Hopefully, you'll find the help you seek. Good luck to you, my friend!
Old 06-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Newbie ;)

So many peoples have the same problem.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:10 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgallagher
Can U recommend any zooms or counsellors please? I am not working at the moment.

Hi Tom,
I am very sorry that you are struggling during this very stressful and trouble time.
It is great that you are seeking help!

Currently all active psychologists, LCSWs, counselors/therapists, and psychiatrists are working through video or telephone visits - in USA and in other countries.
They have continued seeing their patients during COVID19 and most have been taking new patients during this time.

Without knowing your location nor situation, here are my recommendations:

1. if you have a health insurance, please contact your insurance carrier and request a list of their contracted therapists. Then contact them individually to find out if they take a new patient and schedule an video or tele appt.

2. If you don't have a health insurance and living in USA, find out if you are qualified for an ACA insurance in your state and apply. One of ACA insurance mandated coverage is mental healthcare.

3. If you don't live in USA and/or not qualified for ACA insurance, contact your local social services/counties/cities/etc,most of them have increased mental health services and provide therapy through video or tele visits.

4, Many of the local churches and temples and community centers provide counseling as well. Please please contact them.

Tom, please keep in mind that we are all in this together.
You will go through this challenging time and will survive this.
This time is just a small fraction of your entire life span.
This time will pass in next several months and you will continue to live until your end time.
Just stay healthy by taking care of yourself during this time.