Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-06-2020, 03:40 PM
Master

Great conversation. But why is the judgement being made and the fear of it. Sometimes it is an observation. What if what is being said does exists or is happening. Sometime speaking is about what one sees may need to be said as the individual may not be aware of what is being spoken about and may even be grateful hearing it as it was not seen.

Is merely telling another what may not be seen important judgement. What if the person does not have the experience to understand or want to. A person may not accept an observation. There is always cause and effect.

Last edited by lemex : 15-06-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Old 17-06-2020, 05:30 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Great conversation. But why is the judgement being made and the fear of it. Sometimes it is an observation. What if what is being said does exists or is happening. Sometime speaking is about what one sees may need to be said as the individual may not be aware of what is being spoken about and may even be grateful hearing it as it was not seen.

Is merely telling another what may not be seen important judgement. What if the person does not have the experience to understand or want to. A person may not accept an observation. There is always cause and effect.
Judgement has an underlying process and also has all kinds of connotations, which is what Kioma points out. Many people don't understand what judgement is or what happens because of it, and often people act on their judgements and even discriminate because of them - which is what happens in the op for instance. So for example, if you judge someone as being Spiritual, what you're actually doing is making the comparison between them and your own personal definitions, and most often based on a face-value observation. What happens then is you'll treat that person accordingly, so you'll talk to them if they're Spiritual because you have something in common. If you don't think they're Spiritual..... We make judgements on the language people use in these forums, that's the forum equivalent of clothing.

More often than not, judgement is the cause and discrimination is the effect. If you don't like the way I've written this post and you don't reply then that's judgement and discrimination. And human nature.

Telling people about how you judge them can be seen as criticism, and some don't receive that too well. Not many are grateful for criticism. And who decides what needed to be said and whether or not it's important? important?
Old 17-06-2020, 02:55 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Judgement has an underlying process and also has all kinds of connotations, which is what Kioma points out. Many people don't understand what judgement is or what happens because of it, and often people act on their judgements and even discriminate because of them - which is what happens in the op for instance.
No it doesn't.

Quote:
So for example, if you judge someone as being Spiritual, what you're actually doing is making the comparison between them and your own personal definitions, and most often based on a face-value observation.
Please point to where I do that, as you accuse above.

Quote:
What happens then is you'll treat that person accordingly, so you'll talk to them if they're Spiritual because you have something in common. If you don't think they're Spiritual..... We make judgements on the language people use in these forums, that's the forum equivalent of clothing.
Is that how you see every discussion about spirit on this forum - the "Spiritual" forum?

Quote:
More often than not, judgement is the cause and discrimination is the effect. If you don't like the way I've written this post and you don't reply then that's judgement and discrimination. And human nature.
So then it's safe to assume you didn't like my last post - which I'm fine with, by the way. Go ahead - discriminate.

Quote:
Telling people about how you judge them can be seen as criticism, and some don't receive that too well. Not many are grateful for criticism. And who decides what needed to be said and whether or not it's important? important?
I have demonstrated one alternative, which is to simply say nothing - a position which hasn't hobbled you in the least. You have baldly stated and then implied in post after post how I am judgmental and judging, such as in your accusation above, yet have never responded to my requests that you point out how I am doing this, other than to point to the OP that makes NO statement but simply asks a QUESTION.

It would appear Greenslade that 'judgement' is some sort of obsession of yours - an obsession which though I can understand the basis of, as you agree I have explained, I cannot share your view that having opinions is 'judgment', PERIOD - and I have explained why. You have made your position clear - no one is to share their opinions on spirituality (except, apparently, YOU), lest they trample everyone elses tender feelings. Why you feel it is also your mission to speak for and defend everyone else, I'm sure it is none of my business to know.

It is a conundrum why you insist on this 'judgment' crusade. It is misplaced in this thread and against me in particular - though by now I thoroughly expect this to not deter you one bit. A hammer sees every problem as a nail - you will see what you will see.

And before you point to my post and shout, "THERE! RIGHT THERE YOU ARE JUDGING ME!"... No. I have been very patient, I have listened to your points closely and thoroughly explained myself, yet still you persist. Well, you are free to think what you think, I could have easily let that go - but you will NOT be allowed to put words in my mouth, which is what you are doing in your last reply (again). That IS imposing your opinion on me, something which you supposedly find abhorrent, but it is becoming plain that to you that only applies to others. I can freely exchange different ideas with others no problem - in fact, the consequence of an inability to do this would be that no one would share any opinions, ever - but there are limits, and you would be wise to contemplate them.

Last edited by Kioma : 17-06-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Old 30-09-2020, 12:01 AM
Experiencer

Interesting conversation. Once any mis-understanding is cleared up goodness usually comes out of it.

In Sanskrit Sadhu ( a reference for a spiritual person - one who is devoting their life to spiritual pursuit(s) ), means Honesty and so I have always felt that a truly honest person is a spiritual person.