Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-06-2019, 06:31 PM
Suspended
Guide
Question.

First. What does the Bible says Jesus actually came here to save us from?

I'm asking this because I had a random thought recently that what if Jesus already saved everyone by being the first to learn of life after death, and by him knowing this and continuing life after death, now everyone else can too? Like a breakthrough in the spiritual world, where life after death wasn't possible before. I feel kinda silly asking this question, lol, but I just want to see if this idea is true or not.

This might be a little far-fetched, but let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old 14-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla

I'm asking this because I had a random thought recently that what if Jesus already saved everyone by being the first to learn of life after death, and by him knowing this and continuing life after death, now everyone else can too? Like a breakthrough in the spiritual world, where life after death wasn't possible before. I feel kinda silly asking this question, lol, but I just want to see if this idea is true or not.

Life after death was known wayyyyyyy before Jesus.
I think Jesus came as did many before him and many who will come after him to save us from ourselves.....
Old 14-06-2019, 09:14 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:

A way and example of living a full/Whole life with God and His Heavenly Divine Love
here on earth and have it expressed as a walking, talking, Loving pile of dirt.
To take away our shadow of doubt and take off our robe of fear and to put back on the
robe of Light that was given in the beginning.
Also to restore our Gifts and Power to those that can disrobe the fear and doubt and
wear the robe of Light that expresses Divine Love again which is Righteous.
Then we may walk in freedom with the Fire, Rock, Water, and Green.
We only get this freedom when we regain the Wisdom, Knowledge, Power and Gifts reclaimed or
remembered through Gods Spirit which is Holy.

He also cursed sin, guilt,shame and condemnation and death, the law carved in stone is the law of death so
He brought a new Law, Love God with all your Heart mind and soul and Love your neighbor as yourself.

He also achieved becoming the Chief of all men by becoming the Christ which is to say anointed in the Father
by the Holy Spirit and lived innocent and Holy to the Tree that He hung His cursed Flesh Robe on and walked through death wearing
His robe of Light and righteousness and carrying a sword of Righteousness,Truth and of the Spirit which sets men free.

I believe He became Light matter, which is not like matter of time and rot and decay.
I also believe He is the Tree of Life and always was, is and will be. He left that station and became fully man
because He Loved you and me and all of Creation. To show us the Way to Divine Love and Divine Light.
These beliefs may change, but not today Friend.

So I guess the simple answer is He saved us from wearing the death robe, becuase He showed us how to hang it up on the Tree.
Old 15-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Master

Genesis 3 tells how sin and death entered the world. God created a world in which there was no sin or death. He created two humans, Adam and Eve, and gave them one command, not to eat the fruit of a certain tree. They disobeyed and as a result we now live in a world in which all living things die and in which we all sin.

God instituted a system of animal sacrifices to forgive our sins. Sin can be atoned for by a blood sacrifice. Animal sacrifices could only cover sin temporarily but the were pictures of the Sacrifice that could take away sin permanently.

John 1:1 say, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Verse 14 says, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." Jesus was God as well as man. He came to be the perfect sacrifice that we need. He had to be human so he could atone for human sin. Because he was also God his sacrifice was enough to atone for all of humanity's sins. His resurrection shows that God accepted his sacrifice. Anyone can receive eternal life by acknowledging his sin and placing his faith in Jesus. When Jesus was being crucified one of the criminals being crucified with him did this and received the assurance that he would be in Paradise that very day. The other did not and so died in sin and faced only the prospect of eternity in Hell.
Old 15-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Genesis 3 tells how sin and death entered the world. God created a world in which there was no sin or death. He created two humans, Adam and Eve, and gave them one command, not to eat the fruit of a certain tree. They disobeyed and as a result we now live in a world in which all living things die and in which we all sin.

God instituted a system of animal sacrifices to forgive our sins. Sin can be atoned for by a blood sacrifice. Animal sacrifices could only cover sin temporarily but the were pictures of the Sacrifice that could take away sin permanently.

John 1:1 say, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Verse 14 says, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." Jesus was God as well as man. He came to be the perfect sacrifice that we need. He had to be human so he could atone for human sin. Because he was also God his sacrifice was enough to atone for all of humanity's sins. His resurrection shows that God accepted his sacrifice. Anyone can receive eternal life by acknowledging his sin and placing his faith in Jesus. When Jesus was being crucified one of the criminals being crucified with him did this and received the assurance that he would be in Paradise that very day. The other did not and so died in sin and faced only the prospect of eternity in Hell.

Disgusting...... Definitely not in my name. The God that I perceive would never slaughter another Sentient being.
Old 15-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Ascender
Quote:

Jesus was sent!... there's a difference, (John 3:17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but rather so that through him, the world might be saved). by his heavenly Father and GOD ,(John 20:17 Jesus said unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God). To save us from eternal death. In which ALL mankind inherit from the first couple's sin, (Psalm 51:5 For I was born a sinner yes, from the moment my mother conceived me). Many don't know, but humans were to live on a paradise -like Earth forever.

Eve believed a lying angel ,pretending to be a snake. Instead of Adam, who related to Eve concerning eating from a certain tree, would bring death from Jehovah. She listened to him and ate, then gave it to Adam to eat. After the wicked angel/ satan lied to them ,(Gen. 3:4,5 “You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman. God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil). Where are they now?...dead! Thus calling Jehovah's a liar, slandering God's name and Power. But Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), wanted NOT to punish humans for something the first could did.

So even though Adam caused us death, (Rom. 5:12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned). Jehovah God sent his Son to gain back our lives ,(Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord). also Even though Jesus died for ALL. MANY seem to believe that they can WILLFULLY live a life of sin. even some “christians” believe that, regardless of their acts, they ARE SAVED! and have that first-class ticket to Heaven already stamped … so wrong!

At John 3:17 ,Jesus said...that the world “MIGHT BE SAVED.” meaning there's a chance MANY of us won't! It's up to us to accept his death, NOT just by words, but by the way we live. Jesus said to gain life, we MUST get to know NOT just him. but the “ONLY TRUE GOD”, who “SENT HIM”. we better get it right! (John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent).

Jesus also said this...(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). So calling on him or believing in him alone, won't save us. He said it's "DOING HIS FATHER'S WILL", that'll save us! NONE of us, no matter how arrogantly we believe we are, KNOWS if we're saved until the actual End hits ,(Matt. 24:13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved). peace
Old 17-06-2019, 05:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Life after death was known wayyyyyyy before Jesus.
I think Jesus came as did many before him and many who will come after him to save us from ourselves.....

So, now I'm in agreement with sky. Imagine that!
But the next question might be, "what is it about ourselves from which we need to be saved?"

That would be our fallen situation, in time and space. Of which, science has said plenty, since Einstein.

If you look at the Garden situation, (Paradise), time is insigificant. There was no aging, decay, nor death.

What did the Lord say, also, to the thief on the cross next to him?
Who asked the Lord to remember him, when He came, "into His kingdom"?
How did the Lord respond to him? Can anyone recall what He said?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 17-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
So, now I'm in agreement with sky. Imagine that!
But the next question might be, "what is it about ourselves from which we need to be saved?"

That would be our fallen situation, in time and space. Of which, science has said plenty, since Einstein.

If you look at the Garden situation, (Paradise), time is insigificant. There was no aging, decay, nor death.

What did the Lord say, also, to the thief on the cross next to him?
Who asked the Lord to remember him, when He came, "into His kingdom"?
How did the Lord respond to him? Can anyone recall what He said?

He said previously that the Kingdom of God is within

Once you realize this all the rest is irrelevant, it all falls into place.
The inside gets you out..... that's where the key is to open the door...
Old 17-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
He said previously that the Kingdom of God is within
Once you realize this all the rest is irrelevant, it all falls into place. The inside gets you out..... that's where the key is to open the door...

Jesus said this to the criminal beside him at, (Luke 23:43 "And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise”). Jesus was referring to the man being resurrected back to Earth ,(John 5:28,29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation). see also what Jesus said concerning Earth and Righteous mankind ,(Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth).

Jesus will be Back in Heaven soon ruling as King , with others over a righteous new Earth, (Psa. 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth). see also ,(Revelation 5:9,10 And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation. And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth”).

this will be "Paradise", here is where the man beside him will be, not in Heaven. Jehovah God made Earth for mankind forever, (Eccles. 1:4 One generation goes, and another generation comes; but the earth remains forever). see (Psa. 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men). peace
Old 17-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Jesus said this to the criminal beside him at, (Luke 23:43 "And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise”). Jesus was referring to the man being resurrected back to Earth ,(John 5:28,29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation). see also what Jesus said concerning Earth and Righteous mankind ,(Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth).

Jesus will be Back in Heaven soon ruling as King , with others over a righteous new Earth, (Psa. 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth). see also ,(Revelation 5:9,10 And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation. And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth”).

this will be "Paradise", here is where the man beside him will be, not in Heaven. Jehovah God made Earth for mankind forever, (Eccles. 1:4 One generation goes, and another generation comes; but the earth remains forever). see (Psa. 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men). peace

Yes there are different ways of looking at it, each to their own....