Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Newbie ;)

not that there is lack of good will, but the receiving end often don't deserve it

In the clip beggars sincerely wanted education & the moment there was enough money - the small gal really was send to school - nice!

But what if this is pickpocketing gang scamming naivetes for money & never intending their small beggars to be send to learn?!

Giving them get the opposite effects...etc.

Helping those that deserve & forgiving those that truly regret & intend to improve is always a pleasure.

But others better continue to suffer & learn hehe

Being naive in this scary & complex world is dangerous imho
Old 07-06-2019, 11:37 AM
Master
Why is such a life impossible? Is it not just a limiting belief to believe that? Who is to judge worthiness anyway?

Isn't the world in the state it is in because everyone believes that such a life is impossible and cannot be done?...then it all just becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy doesn't it?

I guess that I have spent my whole life proving others wrong...proving that nothing "cannot be done" because others merely say so.

However, where I falter, is that I expect those people to see it...to expect that it will change their perspective...only to be met with "oh? did you just do something? I wasn't paying much attention, sorry".

So, I repeat it when they I have their full attention...

"Oh, did you just do something? I was not paying attention...so it is still impossible".

Most people just don't want to know because they don't believe it...and when somebody doesn't believe something, there is NOTHING that anybody can ever say or do that will change their minds or their beliefs.

In that case, one leads by example just for the sake of it...not caring what others believe.

Do you see those others around him shaking their heads? This is what 99.9% of the world is like due to social conditioning.

I also find it ironic how some people on a "spiritual forum" would say this is unrealistic and idealistic...what is "spirituality" to them then?

Lately, I have witnessed quite a few people on here saying "spirituality is bunk" which always leaves me wondering what the heck are they doing on a spiritual forum then?

.....but maybe that's just me.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorex
Take note, I wrote nearly impossible

Who can be but we ourselves - learners in the school of life

Discerning between right & wrong is at the core of walking the path.

Otherwise where are u going anyway

Acting without judgement for the sake of the act itself is equal of being completely lost in the bushes hehe

So helping criminals, supporting drug addicts without desire to heal just wanting more easy doses, etc. is clearly wrong

It doesn't get more clear than that

cheers!
However, in my religion (Hinduism), acting for the sake of the action itself, is called Karma Yoga and this is seen as being a very good thing because one loses any sense of personal notoriety or egotistical self-importance.

I posted the story behind how I came across this video in another thread:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...5&postcount=57

...and I also understand now why some people actually NEED to keep everything to themselves and remain silent...just let their actions speak for themselves... because others just can't understand it, so why bother sharing?

I am just happy that jainielee got something out of it, so even if it just touched one person out of almost 8 billion, it was worth it.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
You're so nice SD

Thank you, jainielee...so nice of you to say so.

You are awesome too and I really appreciate your understanding and your kindness.

Only those who have reached the same level of awareness as both of us, can understand what we are both speaking about.

It has been a current recurrence through quite a few threads now, whereby, we are the only two who know what's what..maybe we can add Jyotir and Miss.H...to that, but everybody ELSE is just totally in the dark.

I am glad you chose to add this to your signature...only those with a very high level of conscious awareness can truly appreciate such things as this.

I just need to be more discerning in who I choose to respond to for my own mental health.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:49 PM
Master

Thank you for posting this Shivani, it really made my day. It was extremely Buddhist :) Gotta love Thailand. I experienced so much Love and Kindness there.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Thank you for posting this Shivani, it really made my day. It was extremely Buddhist :) Gotta love Thailand. I experienced so much Love and Kindness there.
Thank You!!!

I have also been to Thailand myself and experienced much love and kindness there too... beautiful place!

Yes, the advert and the whole premise of it is very Buddhist! It is made for Thai people, BY Thai people and expecting a Westerner to understand it...or at least one who hasn't been to Asia...or one who isn't a Buddhist, or Hindu, or even understands any of those philosophies was a pretty huge ask to begin with.

Unfortunately though, I am starting to get particularly racist towards Western Society due to rampant materialism, capitalism and the corruption of spiritual teachings to suit that agenda...it is horrible!

This advert is beautiful in its simplicity but there is a difference between "simplicity" and "simplistic" and this difference can only be found in Buddhism.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank You!!!

I have also been to Thailand myself and experienced much love and kindness there too... beautiful place!

Yes, the advert and the whole premise of it is very Buddhist! It is made for Thai people, BY Thai people and expecting a Westerner to understand it...or at least one who hasn't been to Asia...or one who isn't a Buddhist, or Hindu, or even understands any of those philosophies was a pretty huge ask to begin with.

Unfortunately though, I am starting to get particularly racist towards Western Society due to rampant materialism, capitalism and the corruption of spiritual teachings to suit that agenda...it is horrible!

This advert is beautiful in its simplicity but there is a difference between "simplicity" and "simplistic" and this difference can only be found in Buddhism.

Well, Singapore is infamous for its rampant materialism as is China these days, so I don't think the region is immune from the problems that ail the West. I can certainly understand your perspective, having lived in the West, the East and in between. I still appreciate the gentler pace of life and more spiritual outlook in most of Southeast Asia, though. Much of Europe, North America and Australia is a money-making machine for giant corporations, that is really what they exist for.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Well, Singapore is infamous for its rampant materialism as is China these days, so I don't think the region is immune from the problems that ail the West. I can certainly understand your perspective, having lived in the West, the East and in between. I still appreciate the gentler pace of life and more spiritual outlook in most of Southeast Asia, though. Much of Europe, North America and Australia is a money-making machine for giant corporations, that is really what they exist for.
So true that is. Thank you for your kind consideration.and the understanding that we should stick to our own tribes.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello,

I cleaned this thread up a little bit. If you don't agree with a member or their topic, use your ignore feature, or please move forward and on to the next thread. Spiritual forums is not a debate forum. Especially in this area titled, ' The Sanctuary'.

Also, before reporting any threads on the forum, please take responsibility for the content your bringing into the thread. It doesn't hurt to re familiarize with the rules of the forum which we take very seriously, especially our respect and discussion content rule.

Just a temporary close, I will open the thread back soon.

Thanks,

Clover
Closed Thread