Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 21-06-2019, 01:50 AM
Master

1 Corinthinans 13:4-7

4Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

I'm not sure how placing limitations on ourselves, or asking others to place limitations on themselves, all in the name of achieving some goal no matter how worthwhile it seems, fits in with this and the spirit of the rest of the chapter.
Old 21-06-2019, 07:07 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello all.
Revisiting this post in the hope that further discussion here may be some small part in finding that understanding so greatly needed at this critical time.

If we look at our planet as a finite resource, with the process and consequence of using that resource governed by the "laws" of science---of which we now have some knowledge---then I think a sound case can be made for the proposition that:--

In a closed system, the persuing of self interest at the expense of the interest of the "whole" will inevitably result in progressively diminishing the ability of the whole to sustain self interest pursued in such a manner.

Only when self interest recognises that it is a component and dependant part of the "whole" can that outcome be avoided.

If such a proposition is considered to have validity, then it can be further considered regarding the causes and consequences etc. of self interest pursued in such a manner.

petex

Sounds like a pretty good description of cancer.
If one wishes to be part of the whole, they must learn how to live as such.
The body cannot sustain a cell that only wishes to live for its own needs.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:42 PM
Ascender

Regarding #9.

We may wonder--what characteristics the greatest authority needs to govern its behaviour in the absence of--obviously--any greater authority telling "it" what to do?

That "authority"--by whatever name--is likely to be the authority which commands the whole. That "whole" taking on the nature of a complete system with boundaries not necessarily known to us, but known to that "authority".

In that case the proposition put forward in #9 can I think be considered to be one which applies also to that greatest authority.

So that authority will know that it cannot pursue a course of constant self interest without ultimately self destructing, but needs to follow a constant course of being motivated by concern for the interest of the whole.

This seems to me like a logical basis for suggesting that such an "authority"--by whatever name--perhaps god--is indeed love, must indeed be love.

petex
Old 05-10-2019, 03:28 AM
MAYA EL

Jesus was a representation and not a person.
People need to realize that the mindset of people back then was completely different they the mindset we have today and so the reason and style of written word was completely different back then .

All the stories you read of in the Bible are purely symbolic the reason this is overlooked is because everybody has grown up in a society where we watch movies and TV and look at our phones and other forms of tell a lie vision ( television) nobody walked around with a clay tablet carving down what everybody did I know where did they sit there and God download verbatim the exact words to write. The Bible we have today is a conglomeration up stories that the nicean council agreed upon to put together into the Holy Bible that was Sanctified and ordained by God according to what the powers at hand agreed upon during that time. Now just because it was man-made and then construct it does not mean that the stories aren't true but what it does mean is not only is it misinterpreted but the one true all creator had nothing to do with it nor is his opinion in there.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige Ignited
Sorry this is off topic

My thoughts about Jesus is always curious of what IQ he had.

But I liked this post too. Well written weareunity

It just has to be obvious that JC didn't have a measurable IQ. As the son of God - and therefore all knowing - any measurement (one reflecting total knowledge) would not reflect anything, at least as far as we can understand.

Not that the then shepherd, camel driving and sandal making society would have had even the slightest idea of anything.

Except of course to believe everything they were told.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Ascender

Hello all.

It is probable that at some time in each of our lives we shall have reason to be grateful that love is forgiving, does not succumb to bigotry, and is not dependant upon intellect.

x
Old 09-10-2019, 05:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Jesus Christ's mission was and still is to bring us back to God through love. The Israelites back then did worship the correct God, but didn't do so out of love. But Jesus Christs coming is aimed at bringing us back to the Father in Love and true fellowship with Him.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Jesus Christ's mission was and still is to bring us back to God through love. The Israelites back then did worship the correct God, but didn't do so out of love. But Jesus Christs coming is aimed at bringing us back to the Father in Love and true fellowship with Him.

It's a pity some feel they need bringing back, being separated causes this but of course feeling and being are two different things, we are never separated, I hope you realize this Aknaton one day
Old 20-10-2019, 05:10 AM
Ascender

Hello all.

When we look at:-

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

What do we see? What do we understand?

Is "I" reference to a person or reference to a personification?--a personification of a way of being?

If reference to a way of being, then what is that "way"?

And to where or what does this way lead?

From A to B is a way, is from B to A the same way?

petex
Old 20-10-2019, 07:21 AM
Master
Ref Post 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessy
The mission of Jesus, according to the Bible, had more than one purpose:
1. He came to fulfill prophecy.
“I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17).
“Christ has become a servant . . . to confirm the promises given to the fathers” (Romans 15:8).

2. He came to abolish the law.
“Christ Jesus . . . is our peace . . . by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances” (Ephesians 2:13-15).
m“Do not think that I cae to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill . . . not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).

3. He came to seek the lost.
“For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost” (Luke 19:10).

Note: credit to Dr R Congdon for the summary
WHAT A WONDERFUL PRESENTATION ABOUT JESUS' MISSION

#6. was very impressive "He came to give His life as a ransom." What happened on that day 14 days after the first new moon after the spring equinox of his last year of his life in physical form literally changed an aspect of Judaism when he fulfilled the Law. Those two part of his 'mission' always impressed me.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜