Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-06-2019, 09:22 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
yes to the fruits being how you can tell I think best

but if you want a doctrine there is only 1 that is essential
you have to believe that Mary Magdalene was right, that she saw Jesus alive
if you believe that, then yer in!
Well, I got no problem with Mary Magdalene and seeing Jesus alive.
But for the time being, I think I will stay out here with the rest of the non-christian Jesus fans. I can breath a bit easier and I find I like the view better. But thanks, it is good to know at least someone will open the door for me should I change my mind. If I do, I will come around to the back and you can sneak me in, I wouldn't want to get anybody mad at you.
Peace be with you brother martin.
Old 27-06-2019, 09:49 PM
Master

haha thanks Ketzer peace also, I recognise that quote about sneaking in through the back door! that role is normally played by Mother Mary, just thought i better say that's more likely to be her than me to keep true to the original saying. i'm also thinking that's the way i went in anyway :)
Old 28-06-2019, 01:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well, I got no problem with Mary Magdalene and seeing Jesus alive.
But for the time being, I think I will stay out here with the rest of the non-christian Jesus fans. I can breath a bit easier and I find I like the view better.

Hate to say so but that's like the oxymoron.

You shouldn't let your perception of other "Christians", decide whether you're a Christian or not.

If you believe Christ is Who He said He was, and that He arose bodily from the dead, then you are the Christian.

There is no such thing as a "non Christian", believer.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-06-2019, 02:45 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

You shouldn't let your perception of other "Christians", decide whether you're a Christian or not.

If you believe Christ is Who He said He was, and that He arose bodily from the dead, then you are the Christian.

Well now you hurt my feelings, just because we don't agree I don't see a need to be insulting my weight and intelligence.
Look man, just don't even try to force your labels on me, OK!. That is such a bunch of codswallop, I can call myself anything I want! If others want to call me a Christian, like, that's their thing! OK! At least they are not calling me a fat idiot. But hey, that's ok, I can take it.

Quote:
"Blessed are you when people reproach
you, persecute you, and say all kinds of
evil against you falsely, for my sake."
Matthew 5:11
Old 28-06-2019, 05:51 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

On a more serious note, words do matter, and titles are words we use to label ourselves and others. But words are just symbols for the underlying concepts we seek to convey, and Christian has many different meanings to many different people (as does God I suppose). Perhaps I do have the right to use the word Christian to label myself, but if I want to convey an understanding of myself to another, it is likely to convey something I do not intend, so I prefer to avoid the confusion. It may be true that "follower" (or student of, or fan) will also have many meanings to many people (as would "believer"), but I find there are fewer who want to fight about it, and so my life is simpler. I am who I am, I see what I see, and tomorrow I am likely to see something a bit different, so I see no reason to be too protective of what I see today. I like my pumpkin pie just fine, but if others are going to fight about who deserves the last piece, I can make do with apple, let them fight it out.
Old 28-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Master

I think what Morpheus says is that there is a definable Christian identity which because its definable should be applied to indicate your Christian status. The two obvious problems are what the definition is written down literally. No two people are likely to agree exactly
The second problem is what the ideal form of a Christian is, the prototype model which the definable form seeks to represent
You could end up with people meeting the ideal form but not meeting the defined form and the other way around

So the figure of Mary Magdalene is the image of the ideal form, the first Christian is my theory. Everyone that came after was basically copying her

there was a famous Catholic priest who had a deathbed vision, he said 'i see two Mothers'. The virgin Mary and Mary Magdelene, one the mother of Jesus the other the mother of the church.

Last edited by davidmartin : 28-06-2019 at 11:15 PM.