Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-03-2018, 06:24 PM
Seeker
How to heal Character?

I am interested in improving my character and boosting good qualities.

Please share your techniques and methods along with theories.

Many Thanks
Old 01-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Pathfinder

For me, I required an engaging philosophical argument to leave my thieving, drug addicted ways. I imagine this argument is unique for each person.

I went from nihilism during my criminal days to positive nihilism, that is to say, because life is purposeless, we're fully enabled to make up its purpose. And I made up the ultimate purpose is to contribute value to society.

Now, many people get stuck on nihilism. I was stuck with it until I made a logical change to my theory of mind: I realized that the greatest authority was not reason but opinion, and so I could build a base from other people's opinions that were good and give my life similar value that they pulled from their beliefs.

I haven't stolen in nine months using this system.

Another thing that really helped was a support system to keep me accountable. My family would yell at me when I stole, which helped a lot.

I became active in online support forums, that helped a lot too.

Another thing that helped was sampling heroic fiction. Stuff like superhero movies motivated me to be a better person, 'cause I admired the heroes.

I used to smoke meth, steal alcohol and televisions and everything I ate from stores. I once held a knife to my grandma's throat. Now I wouldn't do any of those things, because I watch my mental health.

The key to stopping bad behavior is to recognize that it begins before the bad behavior starts. For example, shoplifting begins before you get to the store. You need to learn your triggers to bad behavior so you can use grounding techniques or self talk or a support system to stop it.

Long post, hope it's read. I consider my life a study of evil.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Master

Quantum Jumping: By being relaxed, curious, and emotionally energized you jump to a potential possible reality where you already have the character you want. It is all there already in the quantum yogic field; you just have to give it your attention, and you will enter into a space where you and it is one and the same
Old 01-03-2018, 09:01 PM
Master
Hey man, whatever works for you!

I'm glad to see you've made so much progress. It's really hard to kick bad habits...I know from this myself, I'm still in the process of doing such.

Small steps help for me...I limit myself to Facebook only once per day for example.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue121

Hi, maybe you could be little bit more specific about what you mean by "improving" and what you mean by "good qualities". These things can mean very different things to different people.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:25 AM
Master
First, you need to understand the difference between 'personal strengths' and 'personal virtues' and also the difference between those characteristics you admire within yourself and those others admire about you....I have spent the past 5 years trying to learn emotional responses so that I can interact with others, without it being seen/perceived as being superficially forced/false or 'put on'...as it basically all is anyway.

Thing is, there are things you admire about your own character, others may hate; like being confident or assured of yourself, which others will then see as being 'cocky' or 'arrogant'...having a deep conviction in your personal belief system, which others will then call 'pride' or 'intolerance' or having a 'closed mind'....being persistent or determined about something and others will say you are being 'pig-headed' or 'stubborn'....so, in the building of character, one cannot win, it seems.

I guess the best thing to do is to be honest with yourself and find out that, which in your life, could do with some improvement, but don't judge yourself based on it and don't see it as a 'shortfall' or a 'weakness of character' that you can 'make stronger' or 'do better', as you place yourself in a rather demeaning position to start with.

Just say "yeah, I like this part of my character, but you know what will make it even better...?

As unfortunate as it is, 99% of people base their whole characters on the feedback they get from others, but some of us (whistles) have a brain malfunction which prevents that from happening, and so we get to know who/what we really are inside, without any help/input from others....and then forever have to deal with "you are not listening to me, are you?" and I go "no, you are wrong, my dear...I AM listening, I'm just choosing not to apply it"...and you watch while they get angry and tell you to sod off. lol
Old 03-03-2018, 03:12 AM
Master
Quote:

Many Thanks

Volunteer at a local charity, help those in need.

Push your boundaries & actually understand the more harsh aspects of life by seeing an animal slaughtered - to comprehend where either yours or other peoples food comes from.

Listen to holocaust survivors testimony & understand fully where true evil can take people.

People may be flippant about these suggestions but its easy to focus on the positive and difficult to face the horrible.

Its important to comprehend the bad out in the world to fully appreciate why we need to take responsibility for enacting the good.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain

Last edited by Raziel : 03-03-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:41 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Quantum Jumping: By being relaxed, curious, and emotionally energized you jump to a potential possible reality where you already have the character you want. It is all there already in the quantum yogic field; you just have to give it your attention, and you will enter into a space where you and it is one and the same

where can I find the best resource on learning how to do this?
Old 03-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
where can I find the best resource on learning how to do this?

I absolute love the book Quantum Jumps by Cynthia Sue Larson. She writes very lovely, gives you a lot of facts, others experiences, plus ideas on how to
Old 04-03-2018, 05:00 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

Many Thanks

Know how much it matters. That will help you with commitment.

You know, when you make a choice, it's for all eternity part of your past, you can never undo it.

You have to live with your choices for the rest of your life and forever. There's no changing the past.

Be the best you can be. Do it for yourself, those you love, humankind - for all beings.

EVERY CHOICE MATTERS. (some matter far more than others though)