Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 27-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
For me personally, knowning you are dreaming whilst mid dream and being able to control things are not the same.

Lucid is about being clear minded, the known you are dreaming whilst in there.

hi Athymari,

I understand the definition as you say, about lucid, but that doesn't quite explain the fascination part of it. So what if you know you are dreaming ? What does this knowing do for YOU ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 27-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Deactivated Account

For me, I see it was my inner self. Its great to explore and a very good way to learn to break the logical way of thinking and open yourself up to other possibilities.
Old 27-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you very much for the further explanation Athymari. I can understand how this would be helpful.

Expect Miracles !

Old 08-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Guide
It's being able to temporarily toss off the shackles of this physical, mortal reality we find ourselves in on a day to day basis.

Personally, I view any experience that doesn't happen in this "physical reality" a non-physical experience... which means that dreams, lucid dreams and other experiences like astral projections, are all one in the same.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I must be missing out on something, what is the fascination of lucid dreaming ?

Why do people want to do this ? what is the purpose ?

Dream Angel xx

In lucid dreams, you can do ANYTHING. Absolutely anything that you want . In real life, you obviously can't do that lol . Also, lucid dreams can help you to face and/or get over any fears that you have in your waking life. For example, lets say that you're one of those people who hate giving speeches in front of large crowds and you have to give a speech in front of a large crowd soon. You could prepare yourself for it by doing it in a lucid dream :) . I think this would probably take some of the fear away because by the time you give your speech in real life, you would've done it already (through a lucid dream) so it wouldn't feel as scary or strange to you :).

I used to lucid dream naturally alot in the past and I recently gained an interest in lucid dreaming and ever since I gained an interest in it, I don't have them anymore lol . -_-
However, I had a lucid dream a few days ago finally and guess what? I decided that I wanted to wake up because the dream I had really scared me..then when I did wake up, I was upset that I didn't choose to explore all of my options during my lucid dream lol . -_-
Old 09-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Master
As Blanket said, we can sometimes work out problems or issues in conscious dreaming easier than in ordinary life.

We can also do spiritual work and healing with others in this 'beyond the world' zone that we call lucid dreaming and astral projection. I say I have a night job.

Xan

Old 20-08-2011, 08:22 PM
curious student

Xan, you stole my thunder so to say
I can only recall having these dreams a few times, mostly only to wake up from a scary dream and then be kinda mad I didn't explore, like blanket lol.

In fact, last night I told myself to try looking at my hands, and if there was anything unusual, then to realize. Well, there was, a tattoo that my dream explained as me having forgot because I blacked out drunk with some of my friends and got it (doh >.< haha) and there were all sorts of other obvious signs that I sent myself but I guess I didn't pick up on, but will try again tonight!

I guess like Xan kind of said, the fascination to me, is discovering more about myself from my subconscious, maybe discovering what my predetermined purpose here is, or over coming fears or obstacles in my mind that keep me from growing spiritually, or just to simply wander the astral plane and try to discover maybe why "evil" people I know are so bad, and maybe try to help them heal and see the light

of course, being able to create an island full of and handsome NA men sounds good to me too lol
Old 23-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Hello Dream Angel

It's a free holiday to anywhere. with the added bonus of time travel.

Some of them can be educational and precognitive too.

You can also see and speak to loved ones and pets that have finished their time in a physical body.

Neville, can you tell me how one goes about " seeing and speaking to those loved ones " in a lucid dream ? Do I just go to sleep, with the intention of lucid dreaming and seeing and speaking to them ? That sounds too simple.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 23-12-2011, 06:54 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I must be missing out on something, what is the fascination of lucid dreaming ?

Why do people want to do this ? what is the purpose ?

Dream Angel xx

Lucid Dreams-

It is said that its ahigher frequency state to our dreams. Ina Lucid Dream you can control or alter the events in your dream in the statethat you realize your dreaming.

It is said you canlearn to have Lucid Dreams and even share in a dream with another. When you go to bed at night simply put a planin your head what you want to dream on.

For example your out ona walk and the snow is falling, look to see how its covering the trees. Thentry changing the dream to a nice sunny Summer day. Opposite contrasts seem towork quite well.

Now why have them most times an escape. To play in one's dreams have that true and pure down time. Turning one thing into another. Joint dreams are interesting if ye share in the same dream with another person. If they be a bit naughty hmmmm best ye have trust with that person. LOL

Lynn
Old 23-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Deactivated Account

Thanks Lynn, I like the idea of sharing a dream with someone. I will have to give that a try.

Curious thing about asking to dream about something, someone, before going to sleep ~ I have done this on a few occasions. I asked to dream about a particular person, and on at least 3 occasions that I can remember ... I didn't dream about that person, but about someone else .. and this turned out to be the same person for all 3 requests, which was ok too as I enjoyed the dreams. The person I was asking to dream about is deceased, and the one who came into my dreams was alive ... at the time, but is now recently deceased. This kind of confuses me ~

Confused Angel xx

Expect Miracles !