Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 14-05-2019, 05:07 AM
Experiencer
Thumbs up My new friend from Pakistan sells crystals

So I have a large network of people I know in the gemstone trade, various sellers and gemologists I have contacts with. There is one gentleman in particular I have struck up a friendship with, he is from Pakistan and he is studying to be a gemologist, and his family sells various gems and stones from the region and abroad.

We have been trading pictures back and forth, I am showing him what Canada is like, and he is showing me what Pakistan is like, and it's really fascinating. I talk to lots of sellers but he is really like a friend to me.

Many of you know my wife collects tourmaline, and it's her favorite stone. This works out really well because Pakistan is the land of tourmaline practically. I told him I wanted to get my wife a different color tourmaline, like orange, yellow or peach.

He not only found me one, he's giving me a whole lot of orange , peach and yellow for a good price. Here is a picture of it.

He told me his favorite stone is fire opal. He has a bunch of them. He said he is going to give me a 10 carat fire opal with a bunch of red/orange play of color. I have never had an opal, but I think my wife will really love that. Kind of ridiculous because Australian fire opals are really expensive, but I guess he really likes me. He showed me a video and it they looked amazing.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:26 AM
Guide

I've bought a few Mexican Fire Opals from India which was a bit of a gamble but it turned out fine and the real deal. Definitely go with Opal, you won't get disappointed. Mexican Fire Opal are such beautiful uplifting stones.
Old 23-05-2019, 01:46 AM
Master
White opal is one of my favorite crystals, if not my top.. I've gotten small bits of what was called fire opal but I am not sure if it is legit or the same as you're talking about. I love tourmaline too. I also got a tiny pack with tons of teensy ones of all sorts of colors of it.. lol need to practically put them on my eyeball to see all of them but it is a great crystal. at least black tourmaline has a fair amount of scientific research supporting its healing efficacy too. the far infrared but I think it is more than that too
Old 23-05-2019, 04:35 AM
Experiencer

Your friend from Pakistan sounds like a very nice friend to be sending you all of those, along with fire opal, and most opals aren't cheap. I'd feel blessed to be friends with someone like that~
Old 26-05-2019, 05:37 AM
Experiencer
I have decided not to do business with him. After repeated conversations, I became suspect as to where these tourmaline stones come from, and the organisations they support.

These tourmaline are coming from north Afganistan, and the seller is very evasive with certain answers. He also wants payment outside regular methods using western union.

Now I admit, in most cases I don't really care where my stones come from, I'll be the first to admit that, But even I have limits to my ethical tolerance, and I don't want to support certain organisations, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

I'm going to stick with my regular Chinese suppliers. They always treat me well and give me good deals, and I don't have to worry about funding certain unsavory practices.
Old 26-05-2019, 06:16 AM
Experiencer

Ah, I see.

Their evasiveness sounds suspicious, like why would they feel the need to be that way, when you were trying to see how they operated? And the way he went about it seems like he had trust issues, towards the way that you wanted to pay him.

So I can understand you withdrawing from wanting to do business with them.
Old 26-05-2019, 06:21 AM
Master
Sounds like a nice friendship you've developed there. I love finding out about how other people around the world live.

How are these gems and crystals sourced?
Old 27-05-2019, 10:37 AM
Pathfinder
I agree that if he's being evasive there's something wrong.
Old 27-05-2019, 03:21 PM
Experiencer
I have read between the lines. Based on the information he has given me, and also based on the info not given ( unspoken words can speak louder than spoken ones ) I believe these tourmaline stones are sourced from mines under Taliban/ Al Queda control.

I have done lots of research and studies, and I know that over 95 % of all gem trade in Pakistan is underground, and any stones coming out of North Afganistan demands at least a 10 % cut for the Warlords in that area.

The sad thing is that I was getting along well with him, but even if he is not working directly with them, I believe he is supporting them.

My Chinese suppliers don't have as much variety of tourmaline, but at least I know their not funding the next Bin Laden. If I buy any more tourmaline from the Middle East, I will be buying it directly from reputable vendors in Dubai.

Oh, and it's not him that has trust issues, it's me. He was willing to let me pay with Western Union AFTER I received the product. I just don't want to be part of funding terrorism. I guess there is a reason he doesn't have an ebay store.
Old 27-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
I have read between the lines. Based on the information he has given me, and also based on the info not given ( unspoken words can speak louder than spoken ones ) I believe these tourmaline stones are sourced from mines under Taliban/ Al Queda control.

I have done lots of research and studies, and I know that over 95 % of all gem trade in Pakistan is underground, and any stones coming out of North Afganistan demands at least a 10 % cut for the Warlords in that area.

The sad thing is that I was getting along well with him, but even if he is not working directly with them, I believe he is supporting them.

My Chinese suppliers don't have as much variety of tourmaline, but at least I know their not funding the next Bin Laden. If I buy any more tourmaline from the Middle East, I will be buying it directly from reputable vendors in Dubai.

Oh, and it's not him that has trust issues, it's me. He was willing to let me pay with Western Union AFTER I received the product. I just don't want to be part of funding terrorism. I guess there is a reason he doesn't have an ebay store.

Well done you OP.

There's a town in the UK called Cannock, your name just reminded me.