Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-04-2017, 05:04 AM
Experiencer
'Natural Medium'

I heard this concept for the first time this evening listening to Rosemary Altea video on youtube, she says to seek a Medium that is a Natural Medium ... wonder what she means ?

iF you don't want to watch the whole 34 minutes just check out the last 2 minutes haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGgL...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for posting this. Wonderful source.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Knower

Dear Serenifly

Sorry to say but this poor women don’t have a clue what she is saying!

We are all mediums, some more ostensive, others in latent stage! Natural medium…she does not know how many types of mediums exists!

If you are interested to know more about mediumship you can go directly to the source:

http://www.ssbaltimore.org/e-books.html

I recommend reading first The Spirit´s book to understand the big picture, before you go to The Mediums Book where you will find all kinds of mediums, how to develop and problems linked to mediumship etc!

Funny these books are more than 150 years old and they are actual still today and for long long time!!

In case you have any doubt pse fell free to contact me

Good reading
Old 11-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Administrator
I am a natural medium which means I was born with the ability,it is true that we are all psychics but not all psychics are mediums.
some have the ability from an early age but they have to develop it.with myself I saw and spoke to spirit straight away,i didn't have to work at it. this is what I think she is referring to

Namaste
Old 11-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Master
I always knew for myself on some level that there are those born with these gifts indeed. I have heard many a psychism runs in genetics line as well. Which I actually do not believe for one minute. but, yes I believe very much so that one could be born with it.

Personally I try not to make claims to be psychic or even a medium. I just refer to reading certain energies. I have been able to pick up on the energy of the living as well as being able to communicate with the dead. I only really realized I could pick up on the dead after I had moved into the apartment building my grown brother was staying at. He had knowledge of an individual who had died in the building. I didn't realize until later the depression I had been picking up on within my bedroom while I realized there was a connection to a suicide, I was not able to verify anything until my brother had stated such one night while we were all talking about spiritual experiences. Previously I very much doubted myself and whether I had any ability to feel the energy of the dead at all.

It is all relevant to energy to me, and therefore relevant.

Often I hear or read somewhere it stated that one can be a medium and a psychic. But that a psychic can not be a medium? I believe this to be a falsehood. I believe mediumship can be developed. While there are many natural mediums or term themselves as such, both mediumship and psychism stem from the same source-psychism. I think if people actually tried to develop communication or receiving knowledge of those dead they would find it to indeed be possible. The way in which I am able to receive information of the dead comes from the same source in which I am able to know what Is coming to me before it arrives. It is a feeling or inspired thought- I have always called this not psychic or mediumship, but instead have always termed it as intuition.

Everyone has intuition. What we are able to do with it depends on to which degree we use it and how much we practice. One can be a natural medium and wish not to be this way and let their gift atrophy. Natural or not if we deny our given gifts and do not use them, the next we try we will find it can be harder to tap into it.

These are just my thoughts on the matter, I do not write in stone.

But in general yes the difference between psychic, and mediumship is merely that those who practice a form of mediumship using their intuitions and gifts communicate solely and mostly in relation to the dead. Those who have passed before us and those who will continue to pass after us.

Personally I hold to the belief that both stem indeed from the same source which is the gut feeling and the intuition within ourselves. I have been listening to my personal intuition for a very long time, and am pleasantly surprised to find, that there is still much more to learn on the subject and a number of uses of differing quality for this. But that seem to come from that source still.

Wishing you all well.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:55 PM
Master
I suspect we are all natural mediums - it's just a matter of whether the abilities has been remembered or not.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I suspect we are all natural mediums - it's just a matter of whether the abilities has been remembered or not.
Or repressed like mine were because as a child I was(we are) conditioned by society to be scared of the beings not of flesh.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:56 AM
Master
Yep and that.

((((HUGS))))
Old 14-04-2017, 05:41 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauterb
Dear Serenifly

Sorry to say but this poor women don’t have a clue what she is saying!

We are all mediums, some more ostensive, others in latent stage! Natural medium…she does not know how many types of mediums exists!

If you are interested to know more about mediumship you can go directly to the source:

http://www.ssbaltimore.org/e-books.html

I recommend reading first The Spirit´s book to understand the big picture, before you go to The Mediums Book where you will find all kinds of mediums, how to develop and problems linked to mediumship etc!

Funny these books are more than 150 years old and they are actual still today and for long long time!!

In case you have any doubt pse fell free to contact me

Good reading

thanks yes I own both of these books have been trying to read them for a year haha :) love the Spirits book!
Old 14-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I am a natural medium which means I was born with the ability,it is true that we are all psychics but not all psychics are mediums.
some have the ability from an early age but they have to develop it.with myself I saw and spoke to spirit straight away,i didn't have to work at it. this is what I think she is referring to

Namaste

OK interesting because I read her book and she didn't become a medium until she was almost 40 years old ... I kinda felt like she was saying "I can communication with Spirit with no development or effort' lol but was seeing what everyone else thought. I found it an odd statement