Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Ascender

How does an old soul live in this world?

Hi all,

I am trying to collect ideas on how an old soul can survive in this world. If you have ideas on how to manage in the corporate world, that would be even better. But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world.

Thanks.

Wanchain
Old 05-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Hi all,

I am trying to collect ideas on how an old soul can survive in this world.

Detachment and a clear perspective. A sense of humour also helps.

Quote:
If you have ideas on how to manage in the corporate world, that would be even better.

The corporate world is a game. We play a role, knowing it is all just a game. We do what we have to do, staying true to ourselves, treating our colleagues honourably, enjoying the challenges and the rewards, accepting the failures, and always knowing that we can walk away from it whenever we want.

Quote:
But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world.

Indeed, old souls can survive and thrive. We are old souls because we have played this game many many times. So we look within for our fulfilment, while still doing whatever presents itself to be done.

Peace.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Experiencer

It's like and experienced chess player against a rookie. You see the moves, but you play the game anyway. Sometimes they will surprise you! Even in the corporate world, it's the same games. The maneuvering, posturing, playing nice with others. The only difference between us and them, is that we know it's a game.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAPath
The only difference between us and them, is that we know it's a game.

I really like this bit. For many, it's more energising and empowering to end the game and still know you've won
Old 05-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
I really like this bit. For many, it's more energising and empowering to end the game and still know you've won

any more winning is a bit much. I'd rather lose
Old 06-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
any more winning is a bit much. I'd rather lose

I meant internally. That internal winning feeling knowing you've made the right choice
Old 06-03-2018, 12:47 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAPath
It's like and experienced chess player against a rookie. You see the moves, but you play the game anyway. Sometimes they will surprise you! Even in the corporate world, it's the same games. The maneuvering, posturing, playing nice with others. The only difference between us and them, is that we know it's a game.

Hmm ... interesting analogy.

Do you have experience of the rookies trying to teach you how to play the game, because you play it differently than them, and in their eyes, they think you're the rookie, so they try to teach you or more precisely, they try to force you to follow them?
Old 06-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Do you have experience of the rookies trying to teach you how to play the game, because you play it differently than them, and in their eyes, they think you're the rookie, so they try to teach you or more precisely, they try to force you to follow them?
Very well said. It doesn't make your life easier. Until you remember, that the game is not about "winning", but about playing it. Playing your chosen role.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Very well said. It doesn't make your life easier. Until you remember, that the game is not about "winning", but about playing it. Playing your chosen role.

Well, I didn't try to say it well, it is just something that happens to me over and over, so now it just rolls off my tongue like that, but my struggle is not with winning, but with the frustration of being controlled and forced to do be a certain way which for me is just nuisance. I am okay with them wanting to do things their way, but I would not like to be forced to believe in their vision and standard. I find that frustratingly suffocating.

I don't think my role is to be frustrated??
Old 06-03-2018, 05:21 PM
Master

Hi wanchain,

The problems of old souls are distinctly more subtle than those of young souls.

That means ‘surviving’ and ‘thriving’ take on new meaning and significance given that renewed context.

Accordingly, frustration comes from the constant interface with one's own and others' ignorance or the stasis and complacency (a self-imposed stasis), which for aspirants often means continuing to utilize obsolete (therefore regressive) vs. progressive means. But it gets better with alignment to Spirit/the spiritual.

In this era, the chief issue or problem for old souls (who by nature are consciously aspiring spiritually) do not involve the means and methods of escape from an ignorant, divisive, and desire-filled world with its consequent suffering; nor a post-mortem ‘reward’ - but rather, its transformation here and now in the physical into increasing divinisation.

This means old souls are engaged in the relatively new task of transformation of ignorance within self - and significantly by extension - for the direct purpose of positively altering the nascent and growing human institutions that are the collective representations of individual selves which are creatively emerging in our globalizing world. And that includes business, etc..

In that sense, ‘thriving’ is about the joy of enthusiastic self-discovery - as mutually inspiring example - as a means for world transformation - in unity.
And a steadfast dedication to genuinely spiritual purpose in whatever context.
Note: Often it is the young souls who easily get discouraged if they don’t constantly get the bright lights, excitement, and ‘special messages’ grossly symptomatic of awakening. They get cynical, discouraged and dismissive about ‘spirituality’ - throwing cold water on, or condescendingly dismissing those who have sincere concern for these matters...seeing it as a fantasy, or mental fog of incessant ambiguity and confusion, mainly from self-doubt, because they aren‘t yet sufficiently grounded in the necessary faith, devotion, and dedication (without the constant ‘candy’ of reward and superficial self-gratification) and become cynically complacent, falsely confident, and critical, posing as wise old curmudgeons, dispensing drops of subtly disguised discouragement as ‘folksy wisdom’. Converesly, their own guides might even indicate to them, “don’t worry, this is your last incarnation” - like the family going to visit Grandma 500 kilometers away, telling the whining (“how much longer?”) child after 10km: “We’re almost there!!”
Consecrate your life to some dedicated spiritual practice that works for you and stick with it.
Any discouragement is inherently false.
It is the grounding in the spiritual that has an effect on the worldly in and through one's own life - not the other way around.

~J